Forums are back in action! ×

What have you said "No" to today??

CMB27

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4459[/ATTACH]

Chicken stew (made from roux, which is basically burnt flour and oil [and not the good kind of oil]) and rice, with potato salad made with real mayo and mustard that has unnecessary sugar in it, and garlic toast.

I'm following the paleo plan so this whole meal was a big bunch of nope. Instead, I ate a delicious grilled steak with steamed broccoli. YUM!

post-7874-13567244372227_thumb.jpg

Work it HARDER, Make it BETTER

Do it FASTER, Makes us STRONGER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I made a massive marbled birthday cake smothered in icing and lollies for my son's birthday, very little of which was eaten (due to small appetites, and less guests than anticipated due to last minute cancellations and no-shows). I have *not touched that leftover cake for 4 days*. Time for the bin!

Way to go! I've found it is easier for me now to resist treats that are in my presence, but I can imagine it would be even more difficult to not eat a cake (or spoonfulls of frosting) while making one! Great job :)

Work it HARDER, Make it BETTER

Do it FASTER, Makes us STRONGER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am constantly making food for the kids I nanny for that I struggle to say "no" too. It's easy for me to make healthy food for myself instead of bad stuff but when I already have to make the pancakes for breakfast or the Mac & Cheese for lunch its much harder. I used to make sure the kids were fed first but I have started changing my mentality. I eat breakfast before I go to work and I eat lunch early around 11:30 so I'm not hungry when I make there stuff. It helps me stick to the healthy meals that I planned out the night before.

I don't know if I really said "No" as much as I said "not so much", but I'm still really proud of myself! I went out to lunch at Chick-Fil-A, and I normally get the chicken nuggets and waffle fries. Lately, in my quest to shed a few pounds I've switched to getting the kids' meal because you get less nuggets and a small fry rather than a medium...and it's cheaper too! Today, I still got the kids' meal, but I ordered the grilled nuggets and only ate half of my fries! I looked it up online and I saved myself about 150 calories and over 10 grams of fat! Would a fruit cup or side salad have been a better choice? Yes. Am I disappointed in myself for not choosing that? Heck, no!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4459[/ATTACH]

Instead, I ate a delicious grilled steak with steamed broccoli. YUM!

Grilled meat and steamed veggies = why I turned paleo. Steamed broccoli is the /best/.

Today I said no to cake for breakfast! (I don't like eggs, and I've got a huge sweet tooth, so it's easy for me to eat cake or ice cream or something equally awful for breakfast)

Today, nope. I was walking to the kitchen for my cake and passed the computer, which I looked at, which made me think of you guys, which made me realize that if all of you are saying no there's no way I want to let you down.

Go rebels! Rebuilding willpower! :D

RACE: Selkie | STATUS: Puggle STR: 1 | DEX: 3 | STA: 6 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0 Level 1: Begin.

Caffeine.

I am by habit hyper-caffeinated, with a full gram of the stuff not unusual in a day. I also have been having some innardly discombobulation, and caffeine is a prime suspect. Squiggly guts are a chore normally and they're just not on on squat day.

I am nursing the withdrawal headache from hell and whimpering to sweet Minerva to make it go away.

My boyfriend and I are constantly butting heads. He has prior experience working out with weights, and he has an MS in Nutrition. He is constantly telling me THE WRONG THINGS, like, I need tons of simple carbs after my workouts.

Last night he tried to sell me on a bean burrito from Taco Bell.

Nope.

Gardens are not made by singing 'Oh, how beautiful,' and sitting in the shade.

Rudyard Kipling

I seem to not say no to anything... at least consciously so.

It helps if there's no bad food choices around.

I wonder how I'll handle my birthday this Saturday though... maybe I should take a cheat day?! Not sure.

Luckily there's not going to be a birthday party, so no gross amounts of bad snacks. Just need some pie for my parents and then we'll go for a day out.

So I'm still on the fence for the pie thing...

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Ongoing: my gym chain has posters up encouraging people to drink chocolate milk after their workout. I haven't had any in 6 months*

*No wonder I can't deadlift 1000lbs!!!

Hah, my gym has those same posters. My reaction when I first saw them :".......REALLY? LOL." (I think it's one of the few instances where I accidentally say "LOL" out loud)

Gardens are not made by singing 'Oh, how beautiful,' and sitting in the shade.

Rudyard Kipling

Birthdays are cheat days. In my book at least.

Because if you can't live a little on your birthday, what's the point of living?

Yeah I guess that's true.

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Birthdays are cheat days. In my book at least.

Because if you can't live a little on your birthday, what's the point of living?

For my last birthday, I had really good friends and ex-girlfriend try to throw me a "surprise" party (though it was pretty obvious) and they brought a fruit tray. It was much better than having cake and ice cream (or pie in the OP's case) for me. Could that work for you?

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

For my last birthday, I had really good friends and ex-girlfriend try to throw me a "surprise" party (though it was pretty obvious) and they brought a fruit tray. It was much better than having cake and ice cream (or pie in the OP's case) for me. Could that work for you?

Ha! I had friends make me a cheese "cake" for my last birthday - a baked brie en croute with almonds, honey, and peaches. Once I peeled back the crust, I was in heaven. ^__^

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

Stumbled upon the GF's chocolate stash and did not dive in. We're pretty open about stashes - usually there's a note if something is off-limits - and my sweetie is not too subtle about hiding things. Anyway. Closed the cabinet, continued meal prep as planned.

B-day fruit trays may be a little tough on the winter birthdays among us unless you live in apple/pear country. Now THAT's a present. Mmm.

Battle Log

"Either you take care of business and give yourself the best chance of survival (while accepting the inherent fuckedupitude and randomness of life), or you relinquish all hope entirely." -- Krista Scott-Dixon

Ha! I had friends make me a cheese "cake" for my last birthday - a baked brie en croute with almonds, honey, and peaches. Once I peeled back the crust, I was in heaven. ^__^

That sounds really good.

B-day fruit trays may be a little tough on the winter birthdays among us unless you live in apple/pear country. Now THAT's a present. Mmm.

I've got a March birthday, so in season stuff for me is pretty much mangoes and pineapples (from what Google tells me). But you can still get fresh fruit all time of year, it just costs more. I had grapes, apples, kiwi (mmm... I love kiwi), cherries and maybe a few other things.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Hah, my gym has those same posters. My reaction when I first saw them :".......REALLY? LOL." (I think it's one of the few instances where I accidentally say "LOL" out loud)

Yeah, because I need another reason to drink chocolate milk. Oh, and didn't you hear? All the olympic athletes are drinking it! (rolls eyes in back of head)

This is so what I want for my birthday cake! Not the croute (gluten allergy). I am sure I could bake it in parchment though? Off to search I go!

I've got a March birthday, so in season stuff for me is pretty much mangoes and pineapples (from what Google tells me). But you can still get fresh fruit all time of year, it just costs more. I had grapes, apples, kiwi (mmm... I love kiwi), cherries and maybe a few other things.

Truly spoken. I shouldn't even play like I'm any kinda purist locavore. Totally bought tomatoes in the winter, will totally do it again, pay too much, etc. I'm just spoiled for apples and pears in the Pacific NW, and received an AMAZING apple-pear crumble thing last winter that I'd like to de-carb with walnuts, almond flour, pie spices, and butter. There were cranberries studded throughout. I was impressed. And drooly.

Battle Log

"Either you take care of business and give yourself the best chance of survival (while accepting the inherent fuckedupitude and randomness of life), or you relinquish all hope entirely." -- Krista Scott-Dixon

Archived