Forums are back in action! ×

Milythael vs. Lukup - Demon Slaying

I'm watching!

Lukup, you can do it, I have faith in you!

One thing I have struggled with over the years is accepting compliments. I would almost ALWAYS come back with some negative. Over time I have forced myself to shut my trap and just say "thank you" (for instance, when the little one said you were cool). Yes, sometimes the negative THOUGHTS lurk, but I do not say it aloud. I know you can do this!

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

Affirmations are not about what is true right now. Affirmations are what we make true by changing the habits of our internal dialogue. Do you want to be happier? If you could make yourself even marginally happier in 5 or 10 minutes, would it be worth it? If the answer to those questions is yes, then I challenge you to try the following at least once. Go to a mirror. Look yourself in the eye, and 200 times, repeat out loud (yes, so you can hear it), "I love myself." It really is that simple. I don't care how you feel about it. Don't look away. Tell the person in the mirror that you love them 200 times. Really, what have you got to lose?

Today's affirmation repeated more than 200 times on my walk back to the office after lunch. "I love myself." So simple. So powerful. I will be repeating this a lot more times today.

A late start to work and low energy are dragging on my mood. The affirmation helped.

• Like 1

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

I've managed to stay positive today, despite events and a body that are attempting to conspire against me. Some definite demon fighting going on today. It is difficult to remain upbeat in the face of flagging concentration and mounting backlog at work. 2/4

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

You know what? You guys have inspired me so much. I was out in the yard today and I found myself jokingly calling myself "stupid" and kindof making fun of myself for something. And I thought of this thread! It made me think about the automatic monologue I have sometimes, and that even when something is "joking" it still matters. So thanks! :) And keep on kicking this challenge!

• Like 1

Yesterday was a hard day at work, with challenges to my Whole30 plaguing me, but I persevered and remained positive all day. I failed to do my affirmations for the day though. 2/5 vs 1/6 per Lukup. We decided that failing to record the result for a day before forgetting it counts as a violation.

Although our scores are low, I think this PvP is incredibly valuable both in heightened awareness, impact in our own lives, and in impact making it public has on others. It is heartening to know we are inspiring others to work on their inner dialogues, and I appreciate the comments and encouragement from everyone.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Today's affirmation, 200 times out loud to the man in the mirror, "I love you." My mood has been positive all day.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

I'm not doing too well on this. :\

Don't give up on yourself. You still have plenty of time to crush those demons.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

As far as per day I'm not, but frequency per day I am.

The challenge is intentionally measured as a difficult one. We are fighting demons, not playing tag, after all. If you valiantly fight a demon for 24 hours but allow him to land a fatal blow, then all is lost.

Now, having said that, I for one think you are doing remarkably well. In addition to slaying the odd demon yourself, you are becoming a rallying point for others to battle the demon horde with you. Whatever the result, I'm glad to have fought alongside of you in this treacherous battle.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

I really love the effect these consistent affirmations and attentive awareness to my internal dialogue are having. Today was another day of soaring moods and potential sticky conversations that weren't because of my positive attitude.

• Like 1

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Lukup- I'm so proud you are doing great. Changes take time. You might still be making bad comments to yourself but It's Less then it was before. and you could always try and do what Millythael is doing. for every negative comment can do 50 positive affirmations or 2 positive compliments about yourself. or something.

Millythael- Proud of you too! You might of just convinced me to do my own positive affirmations more often. :)

Go team go! :D *raises her pompoms from the sidelines*

DoodleDwarven Adventurer Level 2= STR-3 | DEX-2 | STA-2 | CON-3 | WIS-2 (+1) | CHA-2 (+1)

When Life pushes Me.. I Push Back Harder

Current Challenge: Doodle's finds her spirit again. (Level 2) | First challenge: Level 1: finding the canvas

Leader of The Mighty Adventuring CompanionsMyFitnessPal | fitocracy

You might of just convinced me to do my own positive affirmations more often.

Thank you. For me, the most exciting part of this pvp is the responses we've gotten from everyone else.

Today's affirmation was done on the walk in to work. 200 x "I am strong." All spoken aloud.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

I'm not sure I can do affirmations. I feel like a liar.

Affirmations are not statements you believe are true. They are statements you make true in your mind by saying them. You don't wait until you love yourself to say, "I love myself." You love yourself by saying it over and over again. At first, you say it while you feel like a liar. It is work to say it. Your mind actively resists the change. It makes you angry to say it. It can make you break down in tears. It can be impossible to say it aloud. Eventually, sometimes after many thousands of repetitions, they become true. In the last month before the challenge started, I repeated "I approve of myself." at least 2,000 times, maybe as high as 3 or 4,000. I repeated it non-stop on my walks to and from work. I repeated it at home. I repeated it at my desk at work. Sometimes, out loud in the mirror. Sometimes, just a random, almost meaningless chant in my head. Over, and over, and over again, "I approve of myself." When I started, it wasn't true. It was forced. It was a lie. Today, I have changed my mind. I have heard it so many times, that it is now true. I approve of myself. Because I approve of myself, I also approve of everyone else, flaws, warts and all. Affirmations do not work because you believe them. They work because you repeat them.

• Like 1

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Yesterday, I remained positive despite roller coaster moods. Today, not so much. I will work on it but this morning has been a fail.

7/11M vs 1/6L

I still need 5 days of reporting from you, Lukup.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler