Forums are back in action! ×

Comic Books and Graphic Novels: What are you reading?

Raikas

I've started re-reading the Scott Pilgrim series and I'm really enjoying it again, especially since it's the first time reading it in paper form.
Was thinking of reading the watchmen next and continuing on with some deadpool after that.

Level 2 Warrior
(STR) 4  (DEX) 4  (STA) 3  (CON) 2  (WIS) 4  (CHA) 3

First Challenge is here
Second is here

I'm just getting into comics/graphic novels. Right now I'm reading Y: The Last Man (by Brian K Vaughan and Pia Guerra). After I finish this series I want to start The Walking Dead and also some Marvel. I saw part of New Mutants (Ultimate X-Men 40-45), and it was exactly the kind of rip-your-heart-out-and-stomp-on-it thing I've been into lately (I blame GRR Martin). I also keep seeing Deadpool and Hawkeye (I think the 4th volume by Matt Fraction and David Aja?) stuff online, and want to start reading that too.

Ay dios mio

Major kudos maegs :) major major

I'm such a noelle fan and I'm digging lumberjanes right now, and nimona, and all her other awesome work

How are you 'just getting into comics' and are liking noelle and crew? Are you just supah cool

Level 1 Halfling - Rebel Nooblet - STR 2|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 1|WIS 2|CHA 2

Challenge Thread

Challenge goals:

Pole dance 15x

40%
40%

Rock climbing 18x

50%
50%

Lab for 36 hours

36%
36%

What the junk is lumberjane up to?

Just setup a subscription at a local comic book store for

New 52 futures end

Batman eternal

Original sin and original sins

Amazing spiderman

Still need to finish sandman, also got the first dark tower TBP.

I just finished getting together all of grant morrisons run on batman ("son of batman" through "batman incorporated")

So i am reading that inbetween new comic book days

Lvl 3 Half-Orc Warrior Assasin

Male, Age: 30

STR 4 - DEX 2 - STA 5- CON 2 - WIS 4  - CHA 3

Intro Post --- Current Challenge

"Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try" Jedi Master Yoda

"Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out"

New 52 futures end

Batman eternal

Amazing spiderman

I just finished getting together all of grant morrisons run on batman ("son of batman" through "batman incorporated")

"Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out"

How are you 'just getting into comics' and are liking noelle and crew? Are you just supah cool

Haha, I guess I meant I was just getting into comic books vs. webcomics. Or maybe I am supah cool and didn't even know it lol. I read Nimona (that's where I heard about Lumberjanes) and Girls with Slingshots regularly, and xkcd, Guilded Age, Devil's Panties, Looking for Group, and LICD less regularly.

Actually I think I came across Nimona after seeing the Broship of the Ring on Noelle's tumblr, now that I think about it. Love the Broship.

New 52 futures end

Batman eternal

Amazing spiderman

Nice, futures end looked interesting on free comic book day, I love that they are incorporating terry, but man if that wasn't dark as all get out

Where are you in le sandman :) my favorite series. Also!!! New sandman is coming out now, and it's ramping up to be epical, I was worried it was just gonna be like a side quest extra type deal but it almost looks like he's going to be doing some big things in this sequel arc.

Haha, I guess I meant I was just getting into comic books vs. webcomics. Or maybe I am supah cool and didn't even know it lol. I read Nimona (that's where I heard about Lumberjanes) and Girls with Slingshots regularly, and xkcd, Guilded Age, Devil's Panties, Looking for Group, and LICD less regularly.

Actually I think I came across Nimona after seeing the Broship of the Ring on Noelle's tumblr, now that I think about it. Love the Broship.

Probs u just supah cool

Sooo in love with nimona, xkcd is always good. His little blog that answers various physics questions is also awesome. I dated a physics enthusiast once upon a time so I dropped that comic lol but it was always good.

Bro ship is awesome. I love her hipstered out versions of things, and her blog is adorbs <3

Anyway, I'm now even more certain that you would love saga

Challenge Thread

Challenge goals:

Pole dance 15x

40%
40%

Rock climbing 18x

50%
50%

Lab for 36 hours

36%
36%

Oohhhh sandman:overture is out. Thats awesome. I got the 2 volumes of the sandman omnibus at home, plus death and the remaining TPB. I am nit sure which series i am in now, but its issues #36 of the original run.

Oh, I think you're in the 'game of you' arc. Very awesome stuff :) one of my faves faves, left some questions I hope are gonna get addressed in overture!

I don't wanna spoil you for anything but it's such a great series

Challenge Thread

Challenge goals:

Pole dance 15x

40%
40%

Rock climbing 18x

50%
50%

Lab for 36 hours

36%
36%

I mostly read Asian manga, manwha and such. Making a complete list of what I'm currently keeping up with would take too much time, but I will mention my all time favorite series, since a new chapter came out today.

It's a Korean series named The Breaker, and its sequel which is still running, The Breaker: New Waves.

If you like underground martial arts, warrior clans and secret societies of martial artists, The Breaker is for you. It is truly awesome.

Ketsurou

Level 0 Lycan

Probationer Assassin

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Training Assignments: #1

"If you're afraid to fall, you fall because you're afraid. Everything is Choice." -- Daniel Ilabaca, Choose Not To Fall.

Choose not to fall. Be victorious, one choice at a time. 

"We are all the protagonists of our own life story,

so be the hero that you want to be."

Primary Mission: Lose 64lbs.

7.8%
7.8%

Secondary Mission: Drop 3 Pant Sizes.

25%
25%

i've started reading the walking dead again while waiting for new episodes of the game. i'm pretty sure i stopped reading around #90 so i'm looking forward to getting to all the stuff i've missed.

Level 2 Wood Elf, Adventuring for Ranger status

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 1.75 | CON 1.75 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

71.6%
71.6%

> 65kg

0%
0%

100 days crisp free

i've started reading the walking dead again while waiting for new episodes of the game. i'm pretty sure i stopped reading around #90 so i'm looking forward to getting to all the stuff i've missed.

Level 2 Wood Elf, Adventuring for Ranger status

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 1.75 | CON 1.75 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

71.6%
71.6%

> 65kg

0%
0%

100 days crisp free

I want to pick up the Sandman Series because I like Neil Gaiman. I enjoy his novels, the movies his has worked on, and generally anything he been involved with. I have not read a lot of Sandman but the character concept and other aspects on the series that makes me want to read it.

Sandman is an amazing series. It's without a doubt one of my favorite series. I even wrote a final paper about the importance of Shakespeare and his portrayal in the series for a final paper! (Best class ever, it was about graphic novels)

I also really like the Fables series, and some of the New 52 stuff done by DC-- admittedly, I don't have nearly as much time to read as I would like, so I'm not exactly up-to-date!

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Current Challenge:  NicBot-5000 enters Recovery Mode

Previous Challenges: 12, 3,  4, 5, 6

PRE REBOOT CHALLENGES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Various links and sundry: Battle log, Respawn post

Finally got to read ALL STAR SUPERMAN by G. Morrison, and i loooooooved it. Which is huge, considering I don't like Superman. Next on the list: gonna check out Batman's new Joker. Is it scary?

Ooooh yes he is. I'm already terrified of the Joker, But he's even scarier now. Read "A Death in the a Family." You'll know exactly what I mean.

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Current Challenge:  NicBot-5000 enters Recovery Mode

Previous Challenges: 12, 3,  4, 5, 6

PRE REBOOT CHALLENGES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Various links and sundry: Battle log, Respawn post

Finally got to read ALL STAR SUPERMAN by G. Morrison, and i loooooooved it. Which is huge, considering I don't like Superman. Next on the list: gonna check out Batman's new Joker. Is it scary?

You can't go wrong with Grant Morrison, him and Geoff Johns just write DC stories so well.

The new 52 joker is just bloody brilliant. He is scary and ruthless. Like stated read "a death of a family" you will not be dissapointed,

Injustice is so good. Did you play the game?

trying to not get too far behind on the Walking Dead series, just re-read the Death of Superman

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

I havent read many lately, but the most recent ones i have read are:

Batman: Hush

johnny the homicidal maniac

Calvin and Hobbes (am going to buyy the whole hard cover set in the near future)

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

Archived