Forums are back in action! ×

Vid'yeah Games

I tried to look through the forum for a video game thread like this, but I couldn't exactly find one. Maybe I'm getting old, blind and frail. 

Similar to the Movies thread, post here to talk about: 

• What games you're currently playing: 
  • What was the last game(s) you finished:
  • What game(s) you're looking forward to this year: 

To start - I'm currently replaying Fallout 2 for PC. When I was a kid, I played this game so much and finished it so many times, so when I saw it on the recent Steam sale I was like "OMG GIMME" and am replaying it again. 

The last game I actually finished was Injustice: Gods Among Us, which to be fair isn't that much of an achievement as the single player story campaign is literally only a few hours long... but I thought it was fun regardless.

I'm really looking forward to The Last of Us for PS3, which should be coming out in June. The game looks absolutely amazing, I'm a big fan of Naughty Dog and I loved the Uncharted franchise, so The Last of Us should be a killer game. 

I'm trying to finish Borderlands 2 and Mass Effect 3. I'm such a bad gamer, never finishing the most beautiful games in the history of games.

Last game I played and finished was Bioshock Infinite, which was beautiful and so good!!

I pre-ordered The Last of Us, I'm really looking forward to it I hope it's good.

I'm currently doing another run of Pokemon White! This time I'm focusing on having a team I like rather than a team that's powerful. Those two terms are, sadly, rather mutually exclusive. I also have an on-and-off relationship with Wind Waker, I borrowed it from a friend and really need to return it... but I haven't been too motivated to beat it.

I recently completed the first Assassin's Creed! Now I need to get plowing through the rest of the Creed series.

As for what's coming out this year, obligatory POKEMON X AND Y, OMG! Very exciting stuff. And let's not forget who stole E3 last year... Watch_Dogs! Once I build my gaming PC, it's the first thing on my wish list. :)

Lvl 5 Lightbending Bard
STR: 10 | DEX: 10 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 5.5
"If the desire to write is not accompanied by actual writing, then the desire must be not to write." - Hugh Prather

Feel free to drop by my current challenge!

I'm currently working my way though Pokémon White and Fire Emblem on the 3ds and Skyrim on Playstation 3.

I want to start Final Fantasy X-2 or Assassins Creed 2 but I keep on telling myself that I have to finish one of the games I'm already playing first

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Ancalagon the Black - Watch Dogs looks AWESOME... I enjoyed Fallout: New Vegas but I preferred Fallout 3 and its DLC. Mass Effect 3 was an epic game too, I hope you enjoy it. 

LostOne1775 - Yeah I need to finish Borderlands 2 as well, I put it off... Mass Effect 3 is incredible. The Last of Us looks awesome too, can't wait.

Rhyme - I did play Pokemon: Black 2 but like a lot of my games, especially my handheld games, I put it off... it tends to be my "travel game". I didn't like Assassin's Creed too much, but I loved Assassin's Creed II and its sequel, Brotherhood. 

shortstuff - Skyrim is such an epic game... love it. I'm looking forward to the HD remake of Final Fantasy X, not so much X-2 to be honest. 

shortstuff - Skyrim is such an epic game... love it. I'm looking forward to the HD remake of Final Fantasy X, not so much X-2 to be honest. 

Final Fantasy X was the first Final Fantasy game I played so I'm looking forward to the remake as well

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Currently playing Folklore.  It's interesting, I like it.

The last game I actually finished was probably one of the hidden object games from Big Fish Games.  I haven't really had the time/energy lately to invest in anything with really deep, complicated stories.  I'm hoping now that I'm just researching instead of writing my next book I'll be able to spend more time playing games.

I'm not really looking forward for anything specifically, although sometimes I'll see a commercial and go "OMG.  WANT."

6th kyu in Aikido

I write stuff in my spare time

I love Star Trek

Currently a Dota 2 obsessive... please don't hurt me any LoL people out there. :P Only been properly playing for about a week as I got my new laptop. Before that the gameplay was so laggy it was almost unplayable and I couldn't really contribute much. It's awesome though, everyone must play dota. :D

Last game I finished...I never finish games it seems. Probably Portal and that was months ago. Usually I get excited about a new game and leave games in the middle of the story, oops.

Level 2 Gnome adventurerSTR 3|DEX 3|STA 5|CON 8|WIS 11|CHA 3

Challenge 2

Currently playing the Stainless Steel mod on Medieval Total War 2. Love it, makes it a bit more fun than the vanilla version!

Last game I finished... Far Cry 3 I think!

Looking forward to Watch Dogs and The Last of Us, as well as Total War Rome 2. And Prison Architect.

Sadly don't have that much time for games, lousy life getting in the way!

Currently I'm playing a little bit of a few games:

redoing the original bioshock

quake 3 arena

def jam: fight for new york (underrated)

about to start up painkiller

the last game i finished.  I think the walking dead game by telltale.  I also beat tekken tag team arcade like 50 times around then as well.  those were back in january i think.

what I'm looking forward to this year:

once the 6-week challenge is over, I'm getting skyrim for myself.  I've been out of the gaming loop recently since i don't have a wii-u and no ps3.  just a 360 and wii.

actually, i should correct that.  I use gamefly and the past like....15 games haven't appealed to me:

fist of the north star:ken's rage 2

army of 2: devil's cartel

ninja gaiden 3

injustice: gods among us

tomb raider (wish i could've gotten into it )

metal gear rising: revengeance

You know, I always hear about so many ppl that play pokemon and I've never been able to care about it.  everything about it looks to...cutesy.  but I know there is a well developed and varied fighting system in place.  if I were to get ONE ds pokemon game; which should it be?

Currently playing Dishonored (still, I'm right near the end but haven't got around to finishing it yet) and replaying Thief: Gold for the millionth time (sort of, I've never actually finished Thief: Gold, but Thief: The Dark Project is probably my favourite game ever and I've finished it many times) thanks to my brother and his GOG account. Last game I finished before starting these was Mass Effect, I think. It was a long time ago, I'm terrible at actually finishing games...

On the 'To Play' list are too many games to list. I'm thinking of Mass Effect 2 next, or maybe Alan Wake for a change of pace, and of course the DLC for Dishonored. I'm looking forward to The Last of Us and want to give the new Tomb Raider a try. There's also a game called Remember Me that intrigued me, not sure if it's out yet or not, but I really want to play it.

Out of all I think I'm most looking forward to Thief 4, though it hasn't officially been announced on xbox yet (my platform of choice). It'll be for the new xbox, though, if it is, and if it's not I might have to riot. 

Dare mighty things

I've been playing guild wars 2 quite a bit lately. The most recent games I've finished have been dishonored,far cry 3, and BioShock infinite. I do all my gaming on PC. I have a ps3 but I only use it for movies lol. My backlog is ridiculous thanks to steam sales.

Wandering WarriorLevel 4- STR: 7.5 | DEX: 1 | CON: 7 | STA: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 4.25"Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow"

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Lifting Goals: Squats - 545 | Bench - 410 | Deads - 585 

I (or actually, my husband and I've been watching him play... I like to play but like to watch just as much, he gets bored just watching so it's fine this way) have been playing Tales of Graces lately. So far it's not as great as Tales of Symphonia (one of my favourite games) but it's pretty decent. Other than that... nothing much. I'm waiting for the prequel to 'To the Moon' to arrive this summer :D 

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

Bioshock Infinite is my life right now. Though I kind of hit a wall today. I'm still very much a gaming n00b, and still get super stressed out and panicky when I have a ton of goons attacking me. Even on easy, even on one of the first checkpoints, it just got to be too much for me. So I've been watching IGN walkthrough videos all day, which I enjoy just as much as actually playing, if not more (since I'm not the one getting shot at/yelled at/generally assailed upon). Is this game like Max Payne 3, where the overall difficulty is just higher than other games, even at easy/beginner?

Anyway. The last game I experienced the end of was Max Payne 3. I watched my brother play it til the end, since it was too hard for me. The last game I beat on my own (mostly) was Batman: Arkham City. I don't really keep up with upcoming games, but I do know the next game I want to play is Far Cry 3.

I play alot of PC games

Currently:

Mechwarrior Online

League of Legends

Portal 2 with the GF

Starcraft 2

Diablo 3.

But I don't usually have alot of time to play. Would like to have more people play.

But I am looking forward to Kingdom Hearts Re-make for ps3 O_O Totally stoked!!!!!!!

Right now, I'm putting off Bioshock: Infinite until I finish Bioshock 2, even though I know they aren't exactly sequels...  I'm into my 2nd play through of the Mass Effect series, which this time around is a female renegade Vanguard Shepherd, instead of the paragon Sentinel male Shep I played through the first time with. I'm maybe 60% done  with ME1 on this play through, so by the time I get to ME3 again, I'll get all the current DLC for it, and playthrough that stuff as well.

Other than that, I played through the original Baldur's Gate a few months ago, which reminded me why I'm such a BioWare fanatic. Then I got started into BG2, and realized I didn't have enough time in my life to get sucked into that black hole again, no matter how much I would enjoy it! I tried playing through Thief: The Dark Project, which I missed the first go-round. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see the attraction. Same with Kingpin and Hitman, i tried both, and just couldn't get sucked in. Max Payne and Deus Ex both kept me interested for a while, but then the kids started screaming and I had to stop...

Also, I might be the only person on the planet who will admit to enjoying Duke Nukem Forever. That game is like the best "bad" Arnold Schwarzenegger film you ever saw...  The jokes are awful, the game play is barely adequate, and I love it!

"if unwilling to rise in the morning, say to thyself, 'I awake to do the work of a man.'"  - Marcus Aurelius

"[...] and having made the attempt, you must succeed in it. 'Must' is the word." - Abraham Lincoln

I'll second the newer duke game.  considering it was scrapped and rebuilt so many times, it's a wonder the game was actually finished.  I got through about half of the game.  it very much has it's own brand of stupid macho humor that I found amusing.  ever hear duke read from 50 shades?

Currently Playing:

Eve Online - I fly internet spaceships :)

Mass Effect - somehow I never played them, so I just started over the weekend

Hawken - mech arena battles? yes please!

Darksiders II - picked it up cheap on steam...i like it so far. not perfect, but good game.

PlanetSide 2 - still hop in from time to time

Last Game Finished:

LIMBO - does that count? :)

Games I'm looking forward to:

- these have already been released, but I want to play them

DUST 514 - just launched this month, and the Eve player in me wants to give this a shot, but I lack a PS3 :(

Journey - I so want to play this, but again....lack a PS3 :(

- not yet released

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - really looking forward to this relaunch

Over the past couple of years, I've turned into a PC gamer more than console, but I'm a console collector (10+ consoles dating back to Atari 2600). I lack a PS3 currently because I'm on the lookout for a deal on one of the original models that had 100% hardware emulation for PS1 and PS2 games.....and I may have just found a great deal on one of them on craigslist earlier today :)

Anyone, feel free to add me on steam. Name is icedtrip.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

What games you're currently playing: Gnomoria. I keep trying to get back into Diablo 3, but every time I try to log in I spend 20 minutes playing the 'Blizzard Log In' game and I'm so frustrated by the time I get everything sorted I don't want to play any more. This has happened 3 times now... 

What was the last game(s) you finished: actually finished? Borderlands. I lose interest in games pretty quickly. 

What game(s) you're looking forward to this year: Starcraft ll expansion. Wasn't willing to pay $60 for it, but might buy it now it's down to $40. Bought the last one on black friday for $30.

PaNtInApRoViNa

level 2 Halfling warrior

STR 4.5 | DEX 4.25 | STA 3.5 | CON 12.5 | WIS 3.75 | CHA 2

Fitocracy

all my video game time is limited to hand held games, so right now I'm playing Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time on the Nintendo DS; last game I beat was the new Super Mario Brothers 2 on the DS, all boards and the Star World completed

though I still love to boot up Gran Turismo 5 on my PS3 even though it updates every time you play it

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Lately I've been working my way through a small pile of RPGs that I wasn't interested enough to buy on release but that because worth the purchase when a local shop had a sale on older 360 titles.  Started Lost Odyssey and then remembered that I find turn-based combat tedious.  Started Fable III and then remembered how goofy the series is (although the main plot is short, so I did finish it).  And this past weekend I started the Atlus Game of Thrones, it does capture the feel of the TV show, but it's honestly not very interesting - and someone had told me that the gameplay/combat was very similar to Dragon Age: Origins, but that was clearly a lie.  I'll probably get a little deeper into it to see if it improves, but I'm not impressed so far.

Next in my to-play pile is Port Royal III, but I'm not expecting much of it.  I may replay Spec Ops: The Line or Mass Effect 3 again over the summer.  As for the future, in the distance I'm looking forward to Dragon Age: Inquisition, and I'm curious to see how a few of the summer games are reviewed.

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

What games you're currently playing: Borderlands 2, Runescape 2

What was the last game(s) you finished: Borderlands 2

What game(s) you're looking forward to this year: Borderlands 2 (Season Pass 2 DLC), Runescape 3

USS & NBAC Masters swim coach

Current: lifter, runner

Former: triathlete, cyclocross racer, NCAA swimmer

Current games: Borderlands 2, Runescape, Star Ocean, Dragon's Dogma

Currently, I'm also playing Dishonored - admittedly, I just started. I just finished playing Bioshock Infinite (loved it) and replaying my way through Mass Effect 3 (on a side note, loved the Citadel DLC). 

Hmm. Honestly, the game that I'm most excited for, whenever it comes out, is Metal Gear Solid 5. Metal Gear was the series that really got me into video games as a kid, and I actually cried at the end of 4. It'll be nice to see another Metal Gear game. :)

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 4 | CON: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA:

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then, the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be the miracle." - Phillips Brooks

So I picked up a PS3 off craiglist yesterday just so I could play Journey and Eve: DUST 514. To justify it, I made sure it was one of the originals with hardware backwards compatibly so that I can also use it for my old PS1 and PS2 games.

Started Journey last night, and wow! Such a gorgeous game and the music! I plan on trying out DUST tonight.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*