Forums are back in action! ×

NerdFitness Minecraft Server

wait, you can smelt with lava????????????????????????????

Since when??????

¬_¬

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

wait, you can smelt with lava????????????????????????????

Since when??????

¬_¬

... lol

That's been a thing for a while. It's uber useful.

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

Hooking up a hopper to the lava smelting furnace might be the most efficient use if you don't want to babysit... I doubt the XP is good.

BTW, any opinions about where I should move the chicken machine?  I already moved the rest of the livestock further away from the spawn.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Hooking up a hopper to the lava smelting furnace might be the most efficient use if you don't want to babysit... I doubt the XP is good.

BTW, any opinions about where I should move the chicken machine?  I already moved the rest of the livestock further away from the spawn.

you dont' get any xp if you automate with hoppers, but the tradeoff is being able to do big quantities without having to babysit it.  you could have three chests, one that feeds into the top slot, one that accepts the product, and one to feed into the fuel part.  i don't know how you would/could handle smelting with lava buckets though.

edit:

found it on the hopper page

"

Furnaces Items fed to the top of a furnace will fill the ore slot, items fed from any side will fill the fuel slot, and hoppers under the furnace will only take finished products (and emptied buckets from using lava as fuel). A hopper removing items from a furnace will not yield experience points.

"

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Hopper#Interactions

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

so if you have access to the nether, then you have an unlimited supply of lava.  make a bunch of buckets, make a couple of furnaces, make some hoppers and chests, and voila.  automated smelting.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

so if you have access to the nether, then you have an unlimited supply of lava.  make a bunch of buckets, make a couple of furnaces, make some hoppers and chests, and voila.  automated smelting.

Oh dear god, I just realised how much cobble I will smelt soon haha

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

I am so curious as to what you're doing with...all that stuff!

And yay lava buckets :D

Get yourself whitelisted and join us. :)

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

This is a big, uber-pleasant surprise!!!  :D

Haven't played MC in a pretty long time (I really don't have enough spare time to enjoy it properly) but my account still exists, afaik...

Well, hope to hit the 50 post counter soon!  :lol:

GaretJax - Level 1 Human

STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Detailed character and challenge sheet

Do any of you build in creative before building something on a server? I'm doing this with my house right now, taking a while to figure out what style of house I really want!

The cloister is based off of a few designs I used in old personal survival worlds.  I worked out the gate in creative because my original plan didn't work well.  I also used creative to see how the breeding cell might work out.  (Still might cause a problem.)

My house, is based off another survival design, but I messed it up this time and have to rip half of it apart again.

I messed with a giant tree in creative, the survival version isn't cooperating yet.

The chicken machine is something I worked out in creative a long time ago, and the automatic bit is recent.... I'm thinking about going back to a manual-switch design because that many chickens might cause issues.

If I find a good spot for a redstone lighthouse, the design is going to be ripped from other people's work, but I might practice in creative.

Do any of you build in creative before building something on a server? I'm doing this with my house right now, taking a while to figure out what style of house I really want!

I tend to just wing it and work stuff out as I go.  

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

I just did the mob exp farm in the "random mining company" next to spawn (go down, and after the first ladder follow the cave forward)

Feel free to improve - in all fairness, it really needs improving :D

And I'm thinking of a very large nether quartz mine after this mob exp thing provides me with the tools.

Going to make it a very big and far away, but has anyone started one already?

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

I just did the mob exp farm in the "random mining company" next to spawn (go down, and after the first ladder follow the cave forward)

Feel free to improve - in all fairness, it really needs improving :D

And I'm thinking of a very large nether quartz mine after this mob exp thing provides me with the tools.

Going to make it a very big and far away, but has anyone started one already?

The only farming spot in the Nether I've set up was at a fortress for Nether Brick. I've just been mining quartz when I see it.

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

your portal did not connect to it. as long as you build portals to the divided by 8 coordinates, they will be properly linked.

each overworld portal is linkable to a nether portal if you build it at the overworld coordinates X and Z divided by 8. If you start breaking portals because you came out there, you can break the while nether portal system

Who owns the portal in the middle of a cave at 323, 1536?

My portal connected to it for some reason, is it okay if I destroy to connect my portal properly? Didn't see any construction or anything nearby.

Sorry, that one is destroyable, I just haven't dug into it yet.

Fi has been busy.... thanks for finishing up my hallway. :D

I just thought up a small project that needs some coordination... everyone who has a map, make a copy and we set up a display of them somewhere.  Perhaps also everyone display a copy of every map that has your base on it.  (Or we start negotiating about who has the better map.)