Forums are back in action! ×

Will you stop clowning around and do something!?

Thanks.  I'm stubborn enough that I think I will.  I just need to make sure my shoulders make it out okay as well.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Last night, 4 minute, 20 seconds.  This morning, 4 minutes, 30 seconds of planking.  Squats were 70/8/8 yesterday and 74/10/8 this morning.  Three more days.  Almost there.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Friday was a mess of a night.  Got in my 5 minute plank.  Finished that challenge.  I was heading out to play poker, so I pushed off my last day of the squat challenge.  To Sunday.  Because of Friday night.  I made some pretty bad decisions, and while I am not sure how I got home or where my contact lenses ended up, I did end up at home.  Saturday morning was rough on me.  Head was pounding like the Hulk.  Couldn't walk in a straight line if I tried because everything spun around.  Had a few hard boiled eggs around 1pm and started feeling a lot better.  My new hangover cure.  Had my nephew over Saturday night.  Good times, though he didn't want to leave on Sunday.  Went to my brother in laws for a football party and then to my moms to celebrate my stepfather's birthday.  Ate too much all day.  Last night, decided I had to finish the squat challenge.  80/10/10.  My legs are feeling that today.  Good kind of sore. 

tl:dr - Both challenges done.  Jitters no drinky for a while.  Have a great week everyone!

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Haha way to celebrate your success. :tongue:

It was way past celebration.  To the point where I couldn't unlock my phone to send drunk texts.  :)

Nicely done Jitters!  Still got to get back to you about that text you sent me awhile ago.  I'm a terrible person.   :tongue:

Thanks.  I've been meaning to follow up with you as well.  Though I did read the good news from last week.   :triumphant: Hope it's a trend.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

It's funny, because wife-face and I were talking about this last night.  Focusing on our goals for the holiday season.

Holidays gather, and now my watch begins.

It shall not end until my goal is met. I shall take no weeks off, miss no workouts, justify no overeating. I shall wear no stretchy pants and win no glory. I shall live and die by my commitment to myself. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the Watcher of my body. I am the fire that burns against the cold days, the light that brings my momentum, the horn that wakes my emotions, the shield that guards the realms of my health.

I pledge my life and honor to the Holiday Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

You're here!

Wondered as I didn't see you have a 6WC.

*takes a comfy seat in the corner* (following)

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Yeah, new job and such didn't seem like a good time to go for a 6WC. But, I may start one up for the last 6 weeks of the year. Today's article spoke to me

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Would be nice to see you do a challenge again, but I enjoy your battle log too so do what is right for you!

Have you done any more planks the past couple of days?

I worked out Mon, Wed and am planning to today.  Monday had planks and side planks in them.  Went for 2 minutes on each.  Wed. didn't have any, but I got some good cardio in, which I have been sorely lacking recently.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Yeah, went back to the company where I started in manufacturing.  Hired on as the Marketing director and now am doing that and sales.  Been busy and don't have as much time to be here as I want.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

It is the good kind of busy.  My days fly by and I feel like I'm a useful contributor to this team.  

And they often buy me lunch.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I don't know why, but this amuses me a great deal today.

206.jpeg

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Kind of the same. I also do marketing on top of sales. Honestly, being back feels like home. I'm enjoying it.

• Like 4

Level 2 Warforged Druid

SSowpvg.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

CRooPaF.gif

9eowIwv.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Jitters presents: The 12 RAKs of Christmas!

I have to catch you all up a bit because we're down to the 8 days, but I've been having some fun this year.  
Last week, my mom was talking with my wife about not getting her tree up this year.  It was a lot of work and she hasn't been feeling the Christmas this year.  We don't really have snow (in MN!?) and I can understand that.  So, wife tells me this and we get an idea.  Let's get mom a tree and get it decorated.  She was going out with a friend for their Dec. birthday celebration, so we'd do this while they were out.  Operation "Spreading Christmas Cheer" is a go.  Looking back, Operation "Partridge in a Pear Tree" would have been a much cooler name.  Such is life...  Kids get home from school, I give them the run down of the Op, we get dinner, get a tree and head over.  Get the tree in the stand, and break out the lights.  I have the kids put all the decorations on they want.  Mom and co. come home while we are decorating and is speechless.  She has since said she's feeling the Christmas Spirit.  My step father has even said she's smiling more since we got the tree up.  

One down.
lets-get-it-on.gif

Be me.  Be at Target on Monday to get a couple things.  See a young mom and her 4 year old son shopping mostly in the same departments as I am.  Overhear the mom say she hopes they can get everything this month.  Seems to be on a limited budget.  See son gaze longingly at a hat and gloves set.  Notice he doesn't have a hat or gloves.  See mom look at it, but tell him that it will have to wait until next month if his dad send her money.  Watch them go to a different department.  Grab hat and glove set.  I'm sorry, but if a kid needs a hat and gloves, that kid is going to get it.  Wait for them to get into line.  Get in line behind them.  Hope the cashier can hurry through my purchases to make this work.  Mom goes to pay, card declined.  Pulls out other card; same results.  Mom looks worried.  Tell the cashier to ring up my stuff too and I'll pay for it all.  Pay for everything with Mom telling me I don't have to do this, and she's not sure she can pay me back.  Pay like a boss.
016bf7ef1c92a60856ae355d84244072_400x400

Tell her that as long as she's taking good care of her son, it's all the payment I need.  Look at the young man and hand him the hat and gloves.  Tell him to always remember to tell his mom how much he loves her.  Get a hug from mom, who is almost in tears.  Tell her that it's what I do and to have a merry Christmas and things will get better.  Gather my things and head home.  

Two checked off.

Some things require greatness, some things require the simplest of actions.  Both can yield wonderful results.  Yesterday, I had to pick up Jitters Junior from school for an appointment.  The kids' school is great.  It's a charter school that has a great sense of community.  Families know each other and there is kindness from the students that is easy to see.  I was waiting for JJ and noticed one of the younger students from my daughter's class in the office waiting.  Apparently, she got sick and they were having a hard time getting a hold of her parents and the other emergency contacts.  I had asked Mr. V (office guy.  Great with kids) if they had the parents new cell numbers.  They were having issues with their old numbers with harassing calls, and switched over in the last week.  Looks like they didn't get word to the school yet.  I gave them their new numbers and got the parents heading to the school.  I've been a parent for a while now and can recognize certain looks in kids.  I saw a look of pain on this kids face and grabbed the nearest trash can just in time for her to hurl into it.  Only got a little on me.  She said she was sorry.  I told her that it's fine, I've been thrown up on before and will be again.  I told her that I hope she feels better soon.  I got a text from her dad this morning saying that she's still ill, but she's making something for me while she's at home.  I can't wait to see what it is.  

Three ticked off the list.

Stay tuned for more "12 RAKs of Christmas" here on WJIT.  Where the Season is bright and the egg nog is spiked.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid