Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

http://distractify.com/humor/2015/10/21/kid-fails-wheres-my-participation-ribbon

All of them are funny, but number 9 is hilarious, the balance and grace are second to none.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

A new friend - a random "Hail and Well Met" stranger-turned-friend I have seen in the park during my daily walk to work every day now for years - gave me a metal Irish clover this morning (it has a blessing on it) to hang on my wall because he said "I made him smile".... :redface-new:

• Like 4

"The only decision that matters is what you do with the time that has been given to you." (Gandalf - LOTR)

I do my best writing-in-my-head and plot-fiddling while either driving, or doing something chill and repetitive, especially exercise bikes or ellipticals.  JOGGING was hard enough on my body that I wasn't super good at writing while doing it, but... yes.  So much. 

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Through Skype, you can talk to people the length of several countries away.

Wonderful! The discussion itself was also full of smiles :)

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

https://www.reddit.com/user/HUG_EVERYONE

:love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart: Adorable!

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

Walking into my old teachers office to talk to him about a possible job and the first thing he asked...

"You been workin out? You look a lot bigger"

He even did the flex thing that people do when they ask that.

• Like 4

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

a little late but a subscriber on my paper round made me smile today.

I delivered a paper at their home. A note was hanging on the mail box with the text.
"For the paper boy" It pointed to a bag woth in it a little card thanking me for the excelent deliveries and a little present in there.
It made me smile.and fee lappreciated

Lvl 1: Adventurer with monk ambitions

Current weight: 123,3 KG.   Target weight: 85KG

My work week was exhausting and brain melting.

Then I went to a Hanukkah party, inhaled about 10 tiny latkes, was warmly greeted, and all became right with the world.

and now that it's Monday, I have the day off.  (New job = work weekends.)  So I'm going to sit here with a blanket and listen to the radio and stare at the rain and drink tea and read a nice book.  Mmmm.

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

The head chef at my work, while managing to maintain his reputation of being a total dickhead, has been so understanding and compassionate about the troubles I've been having recently. I opened up to him about my depression only to find a kindred spirit, and he's made me a 'happy thoughts' mix CD, made up of some of the songs that help him when he's having trouble too. Every time I listen to the first track, I smile. I'm inspired to turn myself around, to get out of this funk, and I have my dickhead head chef to thank for it. Even when he's being a full on jerk at work, and he's driving me up the wall, I'm still so grateful for everything he's done for me.

• Like 2

Level 9 Pixie

I may not be the strongest, the fastest, or the bravest. But I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest.
17 STR ¦ 17 STA ¦ 13 CON ¦ 17 WIS ¦ 13 CHA ¦ 12 DEX

Latest Challenge! , Battle Log! , CHARACTERYAY

Been a while since I posted in HERE that wasn't just a 'humorous' response to someone else, but...

I got the last seat available in the Creative Writing: Novel Fiction 206 program BACKUP block at the college. The new block was created this morning, and the instructor told Throkky in her class to let me know, since she's mentioned me wanting to take it. I got down there at lunch, 20 minutes before Admissions closes FOR THE WEEK. I was a new enroll at CNC so they needed my transcripts... which I didn't have. The only other option was to get a prerequisite waiver signed by the instructor. I got him right as he was walking out of his office, and he seemed overjoyed to meet me (he loves Throkky), and signed the waiver before I could even ask him to sign it. Got back to Admissions with 8 minutes to go, put it on my credit card, and boom.

Kinda stoked.

• Like 4

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

sometimes-someone-says-something-really-

• Like 1

The head chef at my work, while managing to maintain his reputation of being a total dickhead, has been so understanding and compassionate about the troubles I've been having recently. I opened up to him about my depression only to find a kindred spirit, and he's made me a 'happy thoughts' mix CD, made up of some of the songs that help him when he's having trouble too. Every time I listen to the first track, I smile. I'm inspired to turn myself around, to get out of this funk, and I have my dickhead head chef to thank for it. Even when he's being a full on jerk at work, and he's driving me up the wall, I'm still so grateful for everything he's done for me.

Wow. Sometimes people aren't what they seem to be on the outside.

• Like 1

Wow. Sometimes people aren't what they seem to be on the outside.

And being head chef, I'd imagine he'd have to be a little bit dickish to get things done, doesn't seem like they'd have time to be nice...but it could just be him.

My first challenge