Forums are back in action! ×

14 hours ago, Scrawlcreatelive said:

If anyone else is interested the link is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rhSrxMfEO9vvC76yoTYgsT50QIyzQUihg5ER0lZAG84/edit?usp=drive_web

I had to enable comments but everything should be good.

Very interesting piece! :) 

Spoiler

I had some brain-troubles with the rhyming, because my mind likes to try and sort rhyming things into repeating beats and patterns that weren't there, but over all it was easy to follow. I was a little confused by the end though-- I'm not sure quite what the robot was doing since it seemed to be on before it was plugged in and if what it did fixed the power outage. I was also expecting the claw to be important because it was mentioned, but it didn't come up again?

I did enjoy reading it, thank you for sharing! :D

Learning the art of Failing Upwards... (or: Moving Mountains with Teaspoons!)

www.Martha.net - Model Horses, Stories, Webcomics, Plaster Casting, Treadmill Gaming, etc... because you can never have too many hobbies!

3 minutes ago, UnquietBones said:

Very interesting piece! :) 

Reveal hidden contents

I had some brain-troubles with the rhyming, because my mind likes to try and sort rhyming things into repeating beats and patterns that weren't there, but over all it was easy to follow. I was a little confused by the end though-- I'm not sure quite what the robot was doing since it seemed to be on before it was plugged in and if what it did fixed the power outage. I was also expecting the claw to be important because it was mentioned, but it didn't come up again?

I did enjoy reading it, thank you for sharing! :D

I fully admit I don't know shit about poetry, but I would generally agree with UnquietBones' assessment.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Hello dear writers
I started "writing" some months ago, just taking ideas I had and started writing texts based on these ideas. Most times I just have an idea for a character or scenery and then I base a story around it. They are by no means good or deep, but it makes fun to let out my silliness. Today I started to write something new, a story about a Boy and it's Cow. I will put what I already have in an spoiler tag, if someone is interested in reading it, I would love to hear some feedback.

Spoiler

A Boy and his Cow

Bob is ten his best friend is Butterblume, his cow, like it should be.

Butterblume is two years older and since ever she has been like Bob's big sister, like it was meant to be.

Bob was working on his grandparents’ farm since he was five years old like all boys do. No, not all boys work on the farm of Bob’s grandparents, but all boys start working when they become five.

Butterblume was helping Bob with some of his tasks, like plowing the fields or carrying things.

But that’s the past, today was Bob’s tenth birthday, so he has to leave the farm for the “great journey of the King”. This journey happens once every hundred years and all ten year old children are allowed to be part of it. Well to be exactly the children are allowed to take their best friend with them.

The “great journey of the King” is a scavenger hunt that leads around the world and is organized by the King of “all the flotsam and jetsam”.

So Bob and Butterblume were allowed to take part of the journey and so they hit the road to the capital. As a “spending some time apart” present Bob got the wooden sword of his grandmother and Buttercup got a straw-hat because she had a problem with the sun and the summer was coming.

• Like 4

That she's a cow makes phrases such as "like it should be" amusing :D I don't know where the fantasy feel comes from, maybe from the premise.A cow sister. I started automatically assuming there's more to her than an ordinary cow. Is that so? Or that wooden sword. Some sentences would need revising, they're a bit fragmented. But that's for later to fix. Besides a good start for a story, that would make for a wonderful bedtime reading. I don't know how many bedtime stories there is for both the adult and the child to enjoy, but more certainly wouldn't hurt. Do post more, by all means! :)

Oh, oh! *excited* I see a plural when you're talking about your texts so there are more?

Can we see? Please? A pretty please? :) With a cherry on top? :lol:

(Of course you don't have to, if you don't want to. ^_^)

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

18 hours ago, Fearkiller said:

That she's a cow makes phrases such as "like it should be" amusing :D I don't know where the fantasy feel comes from, maybe from the premise.A cow sister. I started automatically assuming there's more to her than an ordinary cow. Is that so? Or that wooden sword. Some sentences would need revising, they're a bit fragmented. But that's for later to fix. Besides a good start for a story, that would make for a wonderful bedtime reading. I don't know how many bedtime stories there is for both the adult and the child to enjoy, but more certainly wouldn't hurt. Do post more, by all means! :)

Oh, oh! *excited* I see a plural when you're talking about your texts so there are more?

Can we see? Please? A pretty please? :) With a cherry on top? :lol:

(Of course you don't have to, if you don't want to. ^_^)

Thank you very much for your kind words, it's really motivating and how could I not post more after such a warm welcome! If it is okay with the other folks in here I would post the progression of my "story" whenever I finish a chapter (my "chapters" may or may not be hardly a page long, since I prefer to see chapters as steps towards the journey), at the end of this post you will find another spoiler with what I got done today. "the first day on the road".

As for the other texts you shouldn't be too excited, but I can post them here too after I overworked them a bit. For the first one you can choose between a Streetfight, a dude falling through darkness, a Viking meeting or the TV commercial of a monster hunter but keep in mind that each of them is only one page long at best.

6 hours ago, UnquietBones said:

I think Butterblume got the best of the traveling presents and now I'm curious what sort of hunt they're going on with all of their best friends involved! :D

Haha yes straw hats are great!

So here is part two

Spoiler

The Capital was a two day trip away from the farm, so Bob and Butterblume had to walk a fast pace to be there for the opening ceremony. This would be the first time for Bob to see the Capital but he already heard many great things about it Butterblume had been already there once with Bob's grandfather as she was a calf. They were equally excited.

For the biggest part of the trip lead them through plains, but there was a thick forest after half the way. Since it was already getting dark Bob and Butterblume decided it would be best to rest for the night, before they took the small country lane through the forest tomorrow.

While Butterblume collected some twigs for the campfire, Bob made a small pit and surrounded it with rocks, safety first like his granny always said.

Butterblume came back with a big load of twigs in her mouth and dropped them into the soon to be fire pit. While Butterblume sat down next to the pit, she smiled as she witnessed how Bob tried to start the fire.

After a short while Bob succeeded as the sun slowly disappeared behind the horizon. After the day long trip by foot both were very hungry. And Bob took a look into his backpack to find Butterblume and his favorite food. Pumpkin pie! He took two big pieces out of his backpack and gave one to his best friend.

Both started to eat it at the same time with smiles so big that only can be shown by people who eat their favorite food after a day of hard work with their best friends.

After both finished their dinner Bob grabbed his blanket and threw it over himself and Butterblume.

And about the wooden sword, it will be used next time :P

So I finally have what I think is a promising layout for a book. I haven't written something substantial since NaNo four years ago, so I think it is high time. I want an element of the paranormal, because I used to be a researcher, and it is something that I know. However, I can't decide exactly in what genre I want to fall. I know it probably isn't important, but it will help me set the tone of the story. I'm basing my setting on a "ghost town" from Northern Michigan. My main character will be collecting some history on the site so it can be turned into a national park/open air museum. At some point, a paranormal team will be called in. I plan to write them fairly accurately, explaining the equipment they use and such. But when it comes to actual paranormal involvement, I can't decide if I want to stick to realism or drift into fantasy a bit. It wouldn't be realistic to have a full ghost interacting with my main character, but it somehow still seems to fit into what I had laid out. But would that somehow devalue all of the realism that I'm striving to incorporate with my paranormal team? I'm so stumped, and advice would be appreciated! Even if it is simply "why are you worried about such silly things?" :)

• Like 2

"Mike! I found the chocolate pudding!"

Fitbit | Character | Battle | Challenge

57 minutes ago, Shibs said:

So I finally have what I think is a promising layout for a book. I haven't written something substantial since NaNo four years ago, so I think it is high time. I want an element of the paranormal, because I used to be a researcher, and it is something that I know. However, I can't decide exactly in what genre I want to fall. I know it probably isn't important, but it will help me set the tone of the story. I'm basing my setting on a "ghost town" from Northern Michigan. My main character will be collecting some history on the site so it can be turned into a national park/open air museum. At some point, a paranormal team will be called in. I plan to write them fairly accurately, explaining the equipment they use and such. But when it comes to actual paranormal involvement, I can't decide if I want to stick to realism or drift into fantasy a bit. It wouldn't be realistic to have a full ghost interacting with my main character, but it somehow still seems to fit into what I had laid out. But would that somehow devalue all of the realism that I'm striving to incorporate with my paranormal team? I'm so stumped, and advice would be appreciated! Even if it is simply "why are you worried about such silly things?" :)

I haven't written anything substantial in years either. It's so awesome that you're getting back into it. I really like your premise too.

For what it's worth, I don't think it's silly for you to worry about. You need to ask, "is this realistic for the world of this story?" If it fits into the world, then it won't devalue the realism. I think how well it fits, if you go that route, will come down to tone. 

My advice is to go with the ideas that excite you the most, and find a way to make it work. Once you have a first draft, reevaluate how everything fits and cut what doesn't.

I hope that helps!

• Like 3

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

1 hour ago, Shibs said:

Congrat's on tackling a book, I've never tried anything bigger than 8K short stories.

Now to your questions...

I know Urban Fantasy is huge right now, the appetite for this genre crosses all ages/genders etc...  Myself, I prefer my paranormal stories to be more suspenseful than laden with monsters/magic, what if your paranormal angle is described factually to the reader, but allow the protagonist (or other character) to allow their imagination run wild and think they are seeing something that isn't there? Allow the reader to make up their own mind if there is any truth to the paranormal aspects?

Just some random (and disjointed) thoughts.

• Like 3

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Those are both fantastic suggestions! Thank you!

My mind isn't geared toward writing. I'm a perfectionist from step one. If I haven't already determined that it will work, or that it is exactly what I want, I can't bring myself to write it. Which, obviously, is problematic. XD

I need to experiment a bit! And I really like the idea of leaving it up to the reader. I'll post up little chunks as I go, if you guys would like to look over it! :)

• Like 3

"Mike! I found the chocolate pudding!"

Fitbit | Character | Battle | Challenge

2 hours ago, Shibs said:

It wouldn't be realistic to have a full ghost interacting with my main character, but it somehow still seems to fit into what I had laid out.

Zeroh and Pete both have good suggestions.  

As to the quote, I'd say if it fits the plan you have in mind, go for it.  Write the book you want to write.  

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

On 16.7.2016 at 5:10 AM, Sjard said:

As for the other texts you shouldn't be too excited, but I can post them here too after I overworked them a bit. For the first one you can choose between a Streetfight, a dude falling through darkness, a Viking meeting or the TV commercial of a monster hunter but keep in mind that each of them is only one page long at best.

Sorrysorrysorrysorry, Oh gods, I'm so sorry..  *makes an deeply embarrassed sound* I forgot you asked for input which story I'd like.

Okay, now then. How about.. All of them? :D Okay, yeah, but I can't decide. From the titles alone, I'd say the monster hunter, or the streetfight.

But the Viking meeting or falling through darkness are great too. ... >.< See? xD 

Well, let's say whichever one you like best.

So here is part two

Reveal hidden contents

The Capital was a two day trip away from the farm, so Bob and Butterblume had to walk a fast pace to be there for the opening ceremony. This would be the first time for Bob to see the Capital but he already heard many great things about it Butterblume had been already there once with Bob's grandfather as she was a calf. They were equally excited.

For the biggest part of the trip lead them through plains, but there was a thick forest after half the way. Since it was already getting dark Bob and Butterblume decided it would be best to rest for the night, before they took the small country lane through the forest tomorrow.

While Butterblume collected some twigs for the campfire, Bob made a small pit and surrounded it with rocks, safety first like his granny always said.

Butterblume came back with a big load of twigs in her mouth and dropped them into the soon to be fire pit. While Butterblume sat down next to the pit, she smiled as she witnessed how Bob tried to start the fire.

After a short while Bob succeeded as the sun slowly disappeared behind the horizon. After the day long trip by foot both were very hungry. And Bob took a look into his backpack to find Butterblume and his favorite food. Pumpkin pie! He took two big pieces out of his backpack and gave one to his best friend.

Both started to eat it at the same time with smiles so big that only can be shown by people who eat their favorite food after a day of hard work with their best friends.

After both finished their dinner Bob grabbed his blanket and threw it over himself and Butterblume.

And about the wooden sword, it will be used next time :P

Um? The next time? Please? :P It's been great this far :)

A small bit might be missing between the Butterblume witnessing the fire-starting, and Bob getting it going, but then again,

(at least I) automatically filled in a small boy struggling, soot faced, making a fire. So, leaving space for imagination has merits as well.

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

On 21.8.2016 at 3:07 PM, Fearkiller said:

Sorrysorrysorrysorry, Oh gods, I'm so sorry..  *makes an deeply embarrassed sound* I forgot you asked for input which story I'd like.

Okay, now then. How about.. All of them? :D Okay, yeah, but I can't decide. From the titles alone, I'd say the monster hunter, or the streetfight.

But the Viking meeting or falling through darkness are great too. ... >.< See? xD 

Um? The next time? Please? :P It's been great this far :)

A small bit might be missing between the Butterblume witnessing the fire-starting, and Bob getting it going, but then again,

(at least I) automatically filled in a small boy struggling, soot faced, making a fire. So, leaving space for imagination has merits as well.

No need for beeing sorry :) I'm really thankfull that you took the time to writte a respond. About the other stories, I didn't took the time to overwork any of them but I will try to to edit at least one of them tomorrow/ today.

I am very sorry for letting you hang with that Cliffhanger for so long, I hope there is still some interest?

Anyway here is part three:

Spoiler

Bob and Butterblume got up with the sun, still half asleep. Bob moved to the river to take a short bath, in the cold water, to fully wake up. Butterblume used the time to make her every morning ritual of cowoga, something Bobs grandma showed her that helps cows to stay strong and flexible into a high age. Bobs grandmother used a variation of it herself, and even at her age, she was still one of the first to be picked in every team game that took place in the area. Butterblume couldn’t wait to become such a badass herself. As she finished her cowoga she moved to the river to see if Bob was alright and to take a short bath herself.

After both took a bath, had a small breakfast and Bob put soil on their fireplace the journey continued into the deep forest.

Our two heroes made good progress in the first two hours, but they didn’t lose the feeling of being watched. A normal feeling in a deep forest, but that didn’t make it less frightening. The only thing that calmed Bob’s nerves was Butterblume and the wooden sword his grandmother gave him. As they kept moving forward Bob gripped the hilt of his sword so tight that Butterblume wondered if he might turn it into a diamond. Right as she finished the thought two slimes jumped right in front of them.

The slimes had the size of full grown pumpkins, both were toxic green. Butterblume and Bob immediately remembered grandma’s lesson about them.

Slimes are the dangerous brothers of Blobs where Blobs are nice and love to help others, slimes were mean Bullies who like to attack others in groups and absorb their gear so they can grow bigger and bigger. Single Slimes are not considered a danger unless they fusion, what means that many of them absorb each other to create a super Slime.

Bob pulled his sword and thrust it into the nearest green slime, half of the sword bogged into the Slime, Bob used all his strength to heave his enemy from the ground, spins half way around himself only to abruptly stop. His technique worked the Slime lost grip on the sword and flew against a tree and sink into the ground.

Meanwhile Butterblume took a run-up and gave the other Slime a right royal Headbutt. That knocked the Slime out and he followed his brother into the ground. The Slimes left three coins and four buttons. Bob put the coins into their purse and shows Butterblume the buttons, she was a big fan of buttons. Bob promised her to sew them on her Straw hat once they reached the capitol. So our heroes continued their journey through the woods.

As Bob and Butterblume were reaching the end of the forest, they saw a camp of lumberjacks. They were chopping trees and cutting them into the right size for transporting them later. Bob saw 4 lumberjacks 2 Lumberjills and a Lumberbear. Strangely enough the bear was the least hairy of them.

As Butterblume and Bob were reaching the camp Butterblume made a loud “MOOOO” to greet everyone, especially Bruno, the lumberbear. Bruno pulled a giant tree trunk as he heard a loud “MOOOO” he knew that greeting, it was Butterblume, he turned around, saw his old friend, let go of the, giant, tree trunk and stormed right at her to give her a bear hug and man what a hug that was.

Bob steeped two steps back to give Bruno and Butterblume enough space for their see again bear hug. Bob stands there and watched in awe as he witnessed the biggest hug in the history of hugs. The other lumbers only gave it a short view since they were used to Bruno’s intense hugs.

As Bruno finally let go of Butterblume he faced Bob and sniffed, he smelled one day old pumpkin pie and immediately thought about how he could pilfer a piece or two but there was another scent, one he doesn’t like at all.

• Like 1
On 21.8.2016 at 3:07 PM, Fearkiller said:

As promised:

There he was the man who gave the dark water clan their banner, a black six legged Kraken with axe-heads at their ends. The man was named Rusß but man was not quit the right word to describe him, he was two heads taller than the highest of his vassals and strong enough to even take on two plague-bears. His beard was legendary it stopped short above his knee it has a dark blonde color. Rusßs weaved it into five long strings that were hurled down with small axe blades. Some would say that it was only there to intimidate the weak, but everyone here saw him killing warriors from other tribes with it.

Behind this giant of a man stood Torwald, he was one head shorter than Rusß and not nearly as impressive as his half-brother. Torwalds hair was short and his beard only reached his upper chest. Hair and beard were both black a burden he got from his mother, a burden that made him an outsider. The only person who played with him as a child was his half brother Rusß, so a strong bound was forged between those two men and Torwald payed these cordialities back with the blood of their enemies.

Torwald was a pragmatic man, he has never hesitated to do what was necessary to do. If he was sent out to punish a town or a village the possibility was high that less than a handful of people would survive, so they could bear witness to what would happen if you get in the way of the dark water clan.

The dead body of a women was laying inside the circle of kinsman, this women was Styxa the sister of Rusß and half-sister of Torwald. She was covered in many wounds of different depths and seizes but none of them was meant to kill her, what lead to the conclusion that she was slowly bled to death, an unworthy end for a warrior of her caliber.

Many faces in the crowd were turned into grotesque masks of rage and disgust but the strongest emotion was sorrow, Styxa was loved by everyone in the village. While Rusß was staring at her in despair, Torwalds face was bare of emotions.

• Like 1

Wait, so Rusß bled her to death with the axe blades on his beard? Wow. That's pretty hardcore. O.O 

(Or we're witnessing the work someone else has done?)

45 minutes ago, Sjard said:

They were just looking at her dead body. Would you tell me what made you think that Rusß did it? So I can eliminate that mistake next time.

He's killing warriors with the beard, and she was a warrior.

She's full of shallow, not-deadly wounds, like would come from small axe-blades swinging from a beard.

The crowd of villagers looking with fury and disgust.

A pragmatic man, who never hesitates, and is often sent to punish villages..

Connect it all, and.. Yeah. Oops.

But mostly it's this, I think.

16 hours ago, Sjard said:

everyone here saw him killing warriors

Now that I know it wasn't so, it makes sense that I couldn't for the life of me understand why he would do that,

or why on Earth Torwald would just stand there. Or, by extension, why he let it happen in the first place..

I also somehow missed the fact she's his sister..

That was a pretty big blunder too. >.<

Are these simply points in time, never to be known more,

or do we get to know what's going to happen next? I mean, who was it?

(But it works well on it's own, too.) 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Fearkiller said:

He's killing warriors with the beard, and she was a warrior.

She's full of shallow, not-deadly wounds, like would come from small axe-blades swinging from a beard.

The crowd of villagers looking with fury and disgust.

A pragmatic man, who never hesitates, and is often sent to punish villages..

Connect it all, and.. Yeah. Oops.

Oh, okay when you put it like that your way of thinking makes perfect sense. I should have used a sentence where her body was found and brought to the house. Thank you for your feedback.

1 hour ago, Fearkiller said:

Are these simply points in time, never to be known more,

or do we get to know what's going to happen next? I mean, who was it?

(But it works well on it's own, too.) 

It's from my One Page A Day time, so it was not intended to be continued, the actual plan was to just describe the look of Rusß and Torwald as well as some background info. But that wasn't a full page so I had to write down more (the Styxa stuff).

However since you asked I can give a quike outline of what would have come:

- Styxa was killed by one Clan that is bigger than the dark water clan (Rusß clan)

- Rusß starts an all out war.

- Torwald gets a small group of warriors to attack villages and towns, so the enemy gets discouraged, the villagers, townsfolk and farmers stop supporting the                   other clan.

- Torwald does his job far too good.

- Rusß gets mad at Torwald for doing all those horrible things.

- Rusß gives Torwald a verbal beatdown.

- Torwald goes full maniac, because he thought everyone expected those things of him.

- Verbal Beatdown gets physical, Rusß loses a hand, Torwald an eye (Beardaxe for the win).

- Torwald escapes the rage of Rusßes bodyguards.

- Ten years later

- Rusß is king over the whole country, parents tell their kids that Torwald will come if they behave bad.

- Torwald is a pirate captain on the other side of the world and is pretty good at his new job.

13 hours ago, Sjard said:

Oh, okay when you put it like that your way of thinking makes perfect sense. I should have used a sentence where her body was found and brought to the house. Thank you for your feedback.

Any time :)

It's from my One Page A Day time, so it was not intended to be continued, the actual plan was to just describe the look of Rusß and Torwald as well as some background info. But that wasn't a full page so I had to write down more (the Styxa stuff).

- Styxa was killed by one Clan that is bigger than the dark water clan (Rusß clan)

(shortened)

- Rusß is king over the whole country, parents tell their kids that Torwald will come if they behave bad.

- Torwald is a pirate captain on the other side of the world and is pretty good at his new job.

Ooh! You got the whole story outlined? Wauw. Pretty darn cool!

• Like 1

On 8.9.2016 at 9:01 PM, Fearkiller said:

Any time :)

Thoughts?

He couldn't see anything but he felt the wind on his body. He was naked and falling in perfect darkness. He was falling long enough to scream so much that his vocal cords quit their job. He tasted blood in his throat. He was still falling through the darkness, unable to see a thing. His mind played tricks on him, so he thought. He felt observed; he believed to see disturbing grimaces that were too grotesque to be from humans. His heart was pounding too fast to be healthy, he felt like he would faint, he actually believed he already fainted twice, but there was no way to be sure about it since all there was, was darkness and the grimaces of unknown monsters his mind forced on him. He was hoping that this fall would end soon.

The monsters were coming closer, real or not, he was sure that this couldn't be a good thing. Was his brain preparing to shut down or did he look at the things that would feast on him like sharks do on dead whales? He was still falling he couldn't say for how long now maybe some hours, just minutes or maybe a year but does it still matter? "You can't fall this long, this has to be a dream" he forced himself to think this way, distracting himself from those monsters and keeping sane.

Only darkness around him, too dark to see his own body, the only thing he could feel was his racing heart, his burning throat and his brain that was still torturing him with images of monsters to grotesque to even appear in nightmares of the worst kind. He was falling. He smelled something, he wasn't sure what it is but it was new he didn't smell anything at all till now. He was sure that it was related to the creatures that were now close enough to touch them. "No, it can't be real, it can't be!"

He was falling

I'm waking this thread up to ask:

Thoughts on NaNoWriMo 2016? Who's planning on doing it? On the fence? Sitting out this year?

I want to do it this year, and I have a good story idea, but at the same time I'm hesitant because I've tried multiple times, but only succeeded with my first attempt (and that was one of the camps, during the one month break I had between summer classes and fall classes).

• Like 3

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

6 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

I'm waking this thread up to ask:

Thoughts on NaNoWriMo 2016? Who's planning on doing it? On the fence? Sitting out this year?

I want to do it this year, and I have a good story idea, but at the same time I'm hesitant because I've tried multiple times, but only succeeded with my first attempt (and that was one of the camps, during the one month break I had between summer classes and fall classes).

I have a good story going, but I have a hard time writing 50k words in a year, nevermind a month.  I'll probably follow along, but I'm not planning to actually participate.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I do NaNoWriMo every year, though I don't always finish.  I looked at my to-do list today and thought "hmm... I should plot this year's novel."

There is always benefit in trying.  All words are good words, and if you write 5k or 10k or 30k, that's still a LOT more words than most people write ever in their lives when they're not doing a challenge.

• Like 4

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.