Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

Glad I'm not the only one.

Side note: getting it in my ears was why I broke up with my last boyfriend.

Just kidding.

mlfw2219-c36.gif

what pre-workout are you using?

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

I use the myprotein preworkout mypre plus about 5 grams of BCAAs, I only use that one because it's where I get my whey and I figured I'd order some preworkout while I was there. I also only use preworkout if I'm training fasted, though this is pretty much 100% of the time.

• Like 1

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg

I use the myprotein preworkout mypre plus about 5 grams of BCAAs, I only use that one because it's where I get my whey and I figured I'd order some preworkout while I was there. I also only use preworkout if I'm training fasted, though this is pretty much 100% of the time.

my tastes vary. i tend to stay with MusclePharm assault though. have been using a few others that i had samples of lately too though. i think for the most part they're all pretty similar

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Again, thread's getting a little to lifty for me to add much, so here's my Pre

tumblr_inline_mh6q2xPm401rosaqv.jpg

Sorry for the interruption

Hahaha... sounds like you're wanting a... *puts on glasses* Pre-workout.... YEAAAHHHH!

Also... Pre rocks... was the guy I tried to emulate when I ran track and x-country...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Again, thread's getting a little to lifty for me to add much, so here's my Pre

tumblr_inline_mh6q2xPm401rosaqv.jpg

Sorry for the interruption

My high school XC team would watch Without Limits before every big race.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

When the preworkout kicks in...

http://youtu.be/0jGgzQ8zj3o?t=3m20s

On a side note, does anybody else get a tingly feeling in just their hands and ears when they take preworkout? That's the sign I get that lets me know when it's kicked in, I'm just curious if it happens to everyone or if I'm a freak. I'm hoping both.

I don't, but I'm pretty strict with myself on what/when I take my preworkout (Nutrilite Rhodiola).  But that doesn't mean one can't also be a freak like me.  

Glad I'm not the only one.

Side note: getting it in my ears was why I broke up with my last boyfriend.

Just kidding.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!  Damn near fell out of my chair.  I was totally not expecting that when I sat down to read this thread.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I always get the two of them confused; which one had Al Bundy and the singer from 30 Seconds to Mars in it? That's the one I see more often

In Prefontaine he hurts his foot jumping into a pool. In Without Limits he hurts his foot having sex.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

A personal favourite song in the gym for me has been Rap God, particularly for cardio (it's the perfect tempo for me to do jump rope with). All this talk here has ruined it for me because now I can't not hear the words as Dad Bod. Yet another part of my life sullied by internet trends,

• Like 5

A personal favourite song in the gym for me has been Rap God, particularly for cardio (it's the perfect tempo for me to do jump rope with). All this talk here has ruined it for me because now I can't not hear the words as Dad Bod. Yet another part of my life sullied by internet trends,

You should totally Google lemon party.

• Like 1

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

So I kind of found some.... got one of these and cut it down to size with a cut longways to allow the bar to be put into it. http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apool%20noodles

Tested it on some dumb bells at home and it's much harder to lift em, and they're only 10 lbs.

Holy Christ.... I did farmers walks with 45 lbs, about 50 feet, and wrapped... 5 trips, about a minute rest. My forearms were on fire....

• Like 8

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Not overheard, but oversaw: a guy doing squats outside the power rack. He had the hooks on the outside uprights, safeties in place not that they did him any good, and he did his squats outside the rack. Made no sense to me, use the safeties!

• Like 1

I saw something similar today, guy had the safeties set to where you'd set the hooks, put the bar on the safeties, then lifted the bar onto his shoulders to step away from the safeties to squat. Then again I'm guilty of similar behaviour, I used to do that with overhead press for some reason.

Also yesterday I updated my gym playlist, it's now 305 songs, wound up deadlifting to robot hell, so that was neat.

Not overheard, but oversaw: a guy doing squats outside the power rack. He had the hooks on the outside uprights, safeties in place not that they did him any good, and he did his squats outside the rack. Made no sense to me, use the safeties!

I used to do that, mainly because of where the rack is located in relation to the wall. Falling forward would imprint my face on said wall and I felt pretty confident about not reaching failure, it's only recently that I've gotten to the point where that face imprint would be less painful than a full collapse and failure is a distinct possibility. Now the bar is inside the rack...  might be his line of thinking.

My first challenge

Meh, as long as you know how to dump the weight if you fail, you're good. I haven't used safeties for squatting since college, but I've failed a lot of squats since then.

...just don't walk right behind me when I'm squatting heavy.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Made no sense to me, use the safeties!

Haha I often do this too for squats and press when the squat stand is taken.

I only ever *need* the safeties if I'm going for a max attempt.

• Like 1

Got some of the best news ever today. The harlequins rugby team who have the free weights section reserved for 3-4 hours a day 4 days a week are taking 2 months off, meaning I can go to the gym whenever I damn well please for now. Hell yeyah.

• Like 6

Got some of the best news ever today. The harlequins rugby team who have the free weights section reserved for 3-4 hours a day 4 days a week are taking 2 months off, meaning I can go to the gym whenever I damn well please for now. Hell yeyah.

Good news. Might put some money on Quins not doing very well next season :)

Although they have just signed Jamie Roberts, who can be quite good when he's not getting decked outside nightclubs.

• Like 1

And then this happened:

https://instagram.com/p/23lRQ3qYK9/

• Like 14

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

But Mooomm,  you didn't buy the weigh belt I need for that and holding the 100lb DB with my feet is too hard.

Do Ice Cream Makers then!

I tried these "ice cream makers,"  not very difficult to do, unless I was doing them wrong.  

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Today the functional zone was taken up almost entirely but I wanted to do jump rope, there was just one space I could do it and it resulted in me being face to face with another guy doing jump rope. Normally I'm not so easily distracted, but he started laughing and then I started laughing, my jump rope game was mad thrown off. On the plus side I only started a few weeks ago, and compared to this guy I was great, still just basic jumping, none of that alternate foot or cross stuff.

Side note: wireless headphones resulted in me telling an older gentleman he doesn't know he's beautiful, I didn't even notice until he'd been giving me an odd look for a good 5 seconds and I wasn't sure why.

• Like 5