Slug 14. I dunno, the slug flesh is just tricky so I just did what I wanted. image.png.94d00c35f2492539bc57c586fc9f78e2.png

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 4

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

4 minutes ago, Sea-to-sky said:

@Harrietthat textured green is great. Looks amazing

Thank you, Sea-to-sky (Can I call you Sea?)

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

3 hours ago, Harriet said:

I think this is the first time I've seen darker deeper colours on one of your watercolours. It's working well. 

I have finally realized that rich colors require many, many layers and lots of drying time between all those layers.  Ergo: rich colors = much patience.  Le sigh.

• Like 2

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

20 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

I have finally realized that rich colors require many, many layers and lots of drying time between all those layers.  Ergo: rich colors = much patience.  Le sigh.

Oooh, you'll be able to create cool effects with layers, though. Maybe you should have a few paintings to work on at one time so one is ready while the other is drying.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Oooh, you'll be able to create cool effects with layers, though. Maybe you should have a few paintings to work on at one time so one is ready while the other is drying.

I have thought the same thing.  I was loath to remove paper from the notebook to do that, but I might need to because my brain gets very focused when I am in an art phase and I find it difficult to stop and literally watch paint dry 😅 

• Like 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

14 hours ago, Everstorm said:

20240304_202339.thumb.jpg.dc2c5d6ba4089f4ad54ee9fcdf0ff3dd.jpg

Oh yes, it glistens! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Everstorm said:

Whoever named these sea sheep has never been to Texas 😆 

20240305_184246.thumb.jpg.1a97038634f7fe8153ac7576f9b782ea.jpg

I made a color version, but I don't like how it turned out.

I love it! I have no idea where Texas figures into it, though. 

8 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Google sea mice sometime 😆 also not remotely like mice

ARGH! 😦

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sea-to-sky said:

For the record, they are beautiful in person and have this iridescent sheen to the filaments that just does not photograph at all. 

Oh, you misunderstand me. That wasn't an ARGH of horror, but one of, um, appreciation! Such, um, beauty and charm. Just lovely. 

• Haha 1
  • That's Metal 1

9 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

Because it looks more like longhorn cattle to me than sheep.

Hide contents

Rev-Up-the-Stars.png.a08f6f08b789890b4f63d025037d59f9.png

Ah yes, those antennae!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

Because it looks more like longhorn cattle to me than sheep.

Hide contents

Rev-Up-the-Stars.png.a08f6f08b789890b4f63d025037d59f9.png

Ah ok I see where you’re coming from! I still get more of a fluffy sheep vibe, with the rhinophores are the sheep ears rather than cattle horns. ☺️

Longhorn cattle are pretty epic tho.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Sea-to-sky said:

@Everstorm very cool cow. Still reads sheep to me round the face and to clumpyness of the “leaves”. 
not that they look much like leaves either, but hey ho. 

The cerata on a sea sheep actually looks quite a bit like leaves, as they are green 💚 

download(3).jpeg.8d520d68cc601bf8b57758cb653568c5.jpeg

Doesn't it look like a cartoon? 😅

• Like 3

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

3 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

Can they waggle their little cerata? Please tell me they can.

If you mean the rhinophores or the part that looks like the "ears" (although they are actually for smelling), then yes.  I do not belive they have individual motor control of the cerata or "leaves".  The leaves are actually capable of photosynthesis, though!  They absorb the chloroplasts from the algae they eat and can use it for up to 10 days.

• Like 2

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness