On 3/6/2024 at 7:37 PM, Everstorm said:

The cerata on a sea sheep actually looks quite a bit like leaves, as they are green 💚 

download(3).jpeg.8d520d68cc601bf8b57758cb653568c5.jpeg

Doesn't it look like a cartoon? 😅

Oh wow, that face is for real??? 

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

39 minutes ago, juliebarkley said:

The texture on the rock below the slug is so incredibly realistic that I could easily believe it's not a painting.

Thanks 😊 

39 minutes ago, juliebarkley said:

Lemon meringue pie slug? :P

😂  I can't unsee that now

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

15 hours ago, Everstorm said:

20240308_194951.thumb.jpg.f245e75b4e7c06ab6e24d1d81c12c3ac.jpg

I love the subtle neutrals with the gorgeous white and yellow. Also the translucency you achieved on the, um, bits. Very nice.

• Thanks 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

10 hours ago, Everstorm said:

As a Brandon Sanderson fan, I would be remiss if I did not submit Doomslug the Destroyer, the sweetest hyperslug in the galaxy.  My boys were so tickled by this one

Doom slug for the win!

it looks amazing by the way, so cool

• Thanks 1

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4

16 hours ago, Everstorm said:

As a Brandon Sanderson fan, I would be remiss if I did not submit Doomslug the Destroyer, the sweetest hyperslug in the galaxy.  My boys were so tickled by this one.

I'm not familiar with it, but I love the illustration. Especially the little yellow ooze at the bottom

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Everstorm said:

Which was totally on purpose and not at all an indication of lazy brushwork 👀

It still counts 😊

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Everstorm said:

This one reminds me of a monarch butterfly.  (And I finally didn't overwork the background)

20240316_203041.thumb.jpg.85285ae398d3e7eef54ae9c714639675.jpg

Amazing! I do love the Butterfly look. The black and orange is cool. Very nice scales or flakes or whatever they're called, especially with the curves and ripples giving form to them.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Amazing! I do love the Butterfly look. The black and orange is cool. Very nice scales or flakes or whatever they're called, especially with the curves and ripples giving form to them.

I guess they are called cerata?  Which is Greek for horn.  They started naming the parts on nudibranches with horn-like appendages and had to keep the name when they got to ones with leaf-like appendages, I guess.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Oh my goodness, I LOVE!!!

• Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Mad Hatter said:

@Everstorm your paintings are such a joy! 😍

Thank you, that is so nice to hear.  I am actually finding the learning curve on watercolors to be quite frustrating.   I keep thinking of trying pastels instead, but I don't want to keep spending on new media and then quitting 😬

• Like 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

7 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

Thank you, that is so nice to hear.  I am actually finding the learning curve on watercolors to be quite frustrating.   I keep thinking of trying pastels instead, but I don't want to keep spending on new media and then quitting 😬

If art supply spending is fun and doesn't cause too big a dent in your budget I don't see the problem. :) Experimenting is part of art!

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

If art supply spending is fun and doesn't cause too big a dent in your budget I don't see the problem. :) Experimenting is part of art!

Yeah, maybe I can see if the art supply stores sell any pastels/pastel pencils indivually so I can experiment with them as a medium before investing in a lot of colors 🤔  They would be nice for doodling on my black journal pages anyway, which watercolor cannot do. 

Thanks!

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

3 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

Yeah, maybe I can see if the art supply stores sell any pastels/pastel pencils indivually so I can experiment with them as a medium before investing in a lot of colors 🤔  They would be nice for doodling on my black journal pages anyway, which watercolor cannot do. 

Good idea! Pastels are fun but very messy. For the journal pastel pencils would probably be more useful. But it's all worth a try!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Good idea! Pastels are fun but very messy. For the journal pastel pencils would probably be more useful. But it's all worth a try!

Yeah, I would definitely want a fixative (and probably some crystal paper) to keep my journal tidy, even with pencils.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness