Quidditch Round 2 (Push-ups)

Another 75 - I really struggled for my Wednesday. Just couldn't produce the numbers and felt really flat. Coming back strong for Thursday though

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

Did 60 late last night on top of the thirty earlier that day. Gonna do some more today. I had one of the highest AMRAPs so I gotta start pumping out large volumes of stuff.

• Like 1

Aegon

Race: Half-Elf Class: Adventurer Level:STR: 1 DEX: 2 STA: 1 CON: 1 WIS: 2 CHA: 3

Height: 5'11" Weight: 155.7 Lbs Body Fat: 17%

Check Out My Campaign Log

Current Quests:

1) Get to 145 Lbs (from 162.4 Lbs)

Current: 155.7 Lbs

38.50%
38.50%

(Updated: July 8th, 2014)

Current Challenge:

Starting My First Quest!

Mario Kart Bodyweight League

Hoping to input more push-ups after work tonight. I found a little dose of Felix Felicis in my dormitory, shh don't tell anyone, and will use all that luck towards winning for my team. ;)

• Like 2

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

I added a 6th player "Average" (an npc) for Gryffindor just to try to even it out somewhat. I agree that the tally from them just is not fair to their teammates nor opponents. I those players do not agree to update more I will split the low-frequency updaters so no one team has to have a disproportionate amount.

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

61 more done as part of today's workout.  :eagerness:

Juni0r83, you have a crazy amount of push-ups done already! O___O How is your AMRAP not higher?

Because I do my push-ups in sets of 10 over the coarse of a whole day. And generally speaking it takes most of my time and attention.

• Like 2

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

*whips around on her broom, flying in erratic circles*

I MAY BE WEAK -

*spins upside down. her glasses fly off, landing on the ground*

BUT I'M CONSISTENT

*her scarf flicks up and obscures her eyes. With a shriek, she tumbles off the broom*.

Averaging about 25 per day. It's not a lot, but I'm managing to be pretty darn consistent. I'm going to push myself to get 50 today! 

• Like 1

Lolavictrola

Amazon Adventurer in Training

STR 1 | STA 12 | DEX 1 | CON 11 | WIS 3 | CHA 16 -- 44 PT Total

My Epic Quest   ::   Current Challenge  

Did 50 yesterday; the push-ups in the Legend of Zelda level 1 workout + 30. I'll update once I get to a computer. :)

Drinking tea with the Mad Hatter; sorry for any typos, sent from Tapatalk.

• Like 1

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

I regretfully must drop out of this at least for this challenge. I've bitten off a bit too much and have to spit something out. It's just hard to keep up with all the push ups without getting sore, especially with how I've challenged myself to escalate them every week. Plus, the time commitment is getting a bit too demanding doing all the things I am.

Even still, best of luck to all, and especially my fellow First Challengers! You can do it! And I'll definitely consider doing this next time around, if it suits my challenge! Apologies again!

Aegon

Race: Half-Elf Class: Adventurer Level:STR: 1 DEX: 2 STA: 1 CON: 1 WIS: 2 CHA: 3

Height: 5'11" Weight: 155.7 Lbs Body Fat: 17%

Check Out My Campaign Log

Current Quests:

1) Get to 145 Lbs (from 162.4 Lbs)

Current: 155.7 Lbs

38.50%
38.50%

(Updated: July 8th, 2014)

Current Challenge:

Starting My First Quest!

Mario Kart Bodyweight League

I regretfully must drop out of this at least for this challenge. I've bitten off a bit too much and have to spit something out. It's just hard to keep up with all the push ups without getting sore, especially with how I've challenged myself to escalate them every week. Plus, the time commitment is getting a bit too demanding doing all the things I am.

Even still, best of luck to all, and especially my fellow First Challengers! You can do it! And I'll definitely consider doing this next time around, if it suits my challenge! Apologies again!

Thank you for letting us know.

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

I'M SURGIN ON!  Just got home from work and eaten dinner! Now watching HPatPoA so SUPER MOTIVATION GOING ON!!!!!!

EDIT: I need your keeper skills too!  FOR RAVENCLAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT2: Not sure I'm going to be very effective at parkour tomorrow...

• Like 1

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: #1, 2

Battle Log

Someone keeps removing the Slytherin NPC's position so that its Chaser points aren't being counted. Why?

I did it when Slytherin was up by so much that Ravenclaw looked to not have a chance. I am debating how to make it seem more fair but maybe Slytherin was that much better.

Ravenclaw had two low-point (1 and 6) players, while Slytherin was near 20 or me (2pts). However, they won last time with a similar point distribution and even half of the NPC would mean a win for Slytherin.

Dividing the NPC by two is 50-48 Slytherin. However, I would prefer a vote/some other opinions since I would clearly seem biased.

Edit: The average points for Ravenclaw with five players is 17.8, but 19 for 4 players from Slytherin. BUT more players increases the chances of having a lower-point person.

If anyone is curious, the total score of Slytherin without the NPC (4 players) divided by 5 is 16.2.

The Sheet 1 now has a copy of Game 2 and Game 3 is ready. 

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

The only thing that bothers me is had one of our low scoring players decided they could not play this round, EITHER NPC would have earned more than the Slytherin NPC.

However, this is a game of commitment, and only the Slytherin player decided they could not commit, so rightfully Slytherin wins. As for how to allocate points...it doesn't really matter does it?

I'm not trying to shame our low scorers, I think everyone did wonderfully! We beat our last week score so I count it as a success! I just wanted to point out an inherent inequality in the NPC system as teams do not naturally score an average of their teammates.

On the other hand, this is an understood aspect of the setup, so it doesn't seem fair to change it after the match is over. I also don't really know a better way to set up an NPC. Perhaps match specific and it runs equal to one of the opponent Chasers to equalize points? That actually might work now that I think about it, though kinda tricky because you have to chose which player to equalize...then it sucks for that player because their effort doesn't matter. So maybe that doesn't work. Or maybe you don't chose until the end and it's a random draw! Sorry, typing what I think as I think it. There just has to be a better way for future matches.

EDIT: Are we just inputting Game 3 on Sheet 1? I am switching to clapping pushups as I was able to do double sets of declines at the end of the week and I normally do tricep pushups, so diamond aren't really an upgrade to declines for me.  Only able to do 9 in a minute. Should be fun! Also wore me out way more than I was expecting...

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: #1, 2

Battle Log

The only thing that bothers me is had one of our low scoring players decided they could not play this round, EITHER NPC would have earned more than the Slytherin NPC.

However, this is a game of commitment, and only the Slytherin player decided they could not commit, so rightfully Slytherin wins. As for how to allocate points...it doesn't really matter does it?

I'm not trying to shame our low scorers, I think everyone did wonderfully! We beat our last week score so I count it as a success! I just wanted to point out an inherent inequality in the NPC system as teams do not naturally score an average of their teammates.

On the other hand, this is an understood aspect of the setup, so it doesn't seem fair to change it after the match is over. I also don't really know a better way to set up an NPC. Perhaps match specific and it runs equal to one of the opponent Chasers to equalize points? That actually might work now that I think about it, though kinda tricky because you have to chose which player to equalize...then it sucks for that player because their effort doesn't matter. So maybe that doesn't work. Or maybe you don't chose until the end and it's a random draw! Sorry, typing what I think as I think it. There just has to be a better way for future matches.

EDIT: Are we just inputting Game 3 on Sheet 1? I am switching to clapping pushups as I was able to do double sets of declines at the end of the week and I normally do tricep pushups, so diamond aren't really an upgrade to declines for me.  Only able to do 9 in a minute. Should be fun! Also wore me out way more than I was expecting...

Another option I have considered is using the opponent's average for the NPC.

Can anyone recall what Sjard had before I removed him? Or which player of Ravenclaw quit? Those two options seem the most fair to me.

Because the NPC takes the average amrap and average done, then calculates points, it runs low (better for fairness) when there is a high amrap player getting modest points and high when a low amrap is getting a lot of points. I think it is fair except the human element, having a low pool (4 players) for data, and that in this instance would make a tie/close competition unlikely. 

Back to Sheet 1, since I can start getting it ready on time.

EDIT:

Is taking the lowest Ravenclaw player out of the equation and not using NPCs at all, or using one each, better? Taking out the NPCs and R's lowest gives us 40-47 Ravenclaw.

• Like 1

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains