Forums are back in action! ×

43 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

But now I'm angry and it's useless, because I ALREADY ADDRESSED IT by saying I was done talking about it today, and they are TOTALLY respecting that. I think I just need to go get some stuff done, and then it will realize it's arrived too late and it needs to go away.  BLARG. BLARG BLARG. 

Sounds like workout fuel.  ;)  There's something heavy in your vicinity that refuses to be moved and something sturdy that doesn't want to be tenderized.

fqH8l.gif

• Thanks 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I'm still frustrated and impatient. Part of that has to do with my family being a bit burned out after everything that's been going on and my folks in particular are not doing a lot to address the stress so they're just tag-teaming me in complaining a LOT and I finally had to say to both of them "I am done talking about this today. You are welcome to continue talking, and I'll go do something else."  And they agreed they were done too.  But now I'm angry and it's useless, because I ALREADY ADDRESSED IT by saying I was done talking about it today, and they are TOTALLY respecting that. I think I just need to go get some stuff done, and then it will realize it's arrived too late and it needs to go away.  BLARG. BLARG BLARG. 

Sometimes you just need to be mad for awhile even though the target has the gall to go along with your suggestion!  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

I am familiar with those BLARGs. I get that way sometimes too. I hope that they did in fact realize they were late to the party and left promptly. 

Run Away GIF

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

21 hours ago, Shello said:

Sometimes you just need to be mad for awhile even though the target has the gall to go along with your suggestion!  

Right? GRRRR.... I do feel a lot better though.  

14 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I am familiar with those BLARGs. I get that way sometimes too. I hope that they did in fact realize they were late to the party and left promptly. 

Run Away GIF

I set myself up to be cozy with fluffy socks, hot tea, and I plopped down and watched instagram reels. It was nice to take a break!

I've been playing ringfit and fitness boxing a lot over the last five days due to crummy weather.  Today I felt good in my body and more like me again. I have decided in this instant to play both games consistently throughout the year because it's FUN and I feel good. By summer, I'll be back into shape for lifting bags of mulch and chopping wood and going on hikes up tall hills through the woods and I'm excited for it. I also may need a rest day tomorrow where I just clean and do some stretches. 

• Like 5

It was a good rest day. Today I was back to it, and I confess it was more difficult than I expected, but still good.  Tonight I'm making turkey tacos. That will be good too.  

I think it's time to add a little more to the days. We'll do it real quiet-like so the universe doesn’t think I'm getting uppity and smack me in the head. See you tomorrow.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Tonight I'm making turkey tacos.

Oooh! Those sound good!

Glad you had a good rest day. :)

• Like 1

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

“It was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”
Trisha White Priebe, The Glass Castle

Books in Progress: Just as I am (20%), An Echo in the Darkness (14%)

Inktober52 | 2024 Books completed: Unbroken

Spoiler

Roadmaps: 2024,2023 | Previous Challenges: 20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

15 hours ago, Asha Phoenix said:

Oooh! Those sound good!

Glad you had a good rest day. :)

Thank you!

They were so good! I just used a taco kit so they were really easy. Just chopping up toppings and browning the meat. I do think there’s a difference between the turkey and ground beef but it’s not significant after adding everything else to it. 

• Like 2

I went for a walk in the sunshine today! I got about 30 minutes in and just felt tired, but being in the sunshine was really nice. I'm going to rest a lot this weekend and clean the house. I'm really just too tired right now, and need a break.  Also, the house really could use a good freshen upper. It's going to be super windy and chilly all weekend, so it's a good time to just make it all cozy.  I may "lose" my phone for the weekend too. I need a break from some of my relatives. 

Mom and I are making handpies this weekend. What do you like in your handpies? we'll make a set of savory ones and then maybe some apple filled ones for dessert. Mom is thinking black beans, cheese, and rice...Dad would like buffalo chicken dip... I don't know...I'm just hungry thinking about it :D What would you like?

• Like 6

On 1/12/2024 at 3:00 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Mom and I are making handpies this weekend. What do you like in your handpies? we'll make a set of savory ones and then maybe some apple filled ones for dessert. Mom is thinking black beans, cheese, and rice...Dad would like buffalo chicken dip... I don't know...I'm just hungry thinking about it :D What would you like?

I've never truly made hand pies myself. The ones I've had have been mostly savory. A couple weeks ago we made "samosa" which were basically jus t pizza dough filled with potatoes, chickpeas, and other veg with garam masala. My mom used to make Runzas but that's been ages but is a favorite. So, I'd stick to savory if I'm making them but McDonalds style apple pies would be amazing.

• Like 1

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

3 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

I've never truly made hand pies myself. The ones I've had have been mostly savory. A couple weeks ago we made "samosa" which were basically jus t pizza dough filled with potatoes, chickpeas, and other veg with garam masala. My mom used to make Runzas but that's been ages but is a favorite. So, I'd stick to savory if I'm making them but McDonalds style apple pies would be amazing.

Runzas sound amazing! Thats using a bread dough, yeah? It looks fantastic.  We usually make a pie dough so it’s more like an empanada.

as it turns out, we decided to make pizza dough and just do pizzas because it’s faster. 

• Like 2

We got empanadas for lunch again this weekend from the neighbor.  I'm a big fan of those.  I've never made handpies myself either.  I'm a big fan of the pumpkin hand pies at the state fair.  

I usually take savory fillings and wrap in an eggroll instead - taco meat and cheese, sloppy joes and cheese, hamburger cheese and bacon, the list is endless.   

A pasta week sounds excellent!  I cleaned out my pantry and found 4 boxes of spaghetti and a jar of pasta sauce that was nearing it's expiration date so we had pasta on the weekend.  We bought some italian sausage and some loose brat filling for ours.  It was excellent.  

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

2 hours ago, Shello said:

We got empanadas for lunch again this weekend from the neighbor.  I'm a big fan of those.  I've never made handpies myself either.  I'm a big fan of the pumpkin hand pies at the state fair.  

I usually take savory fillings and wrap in an eggroll instead - taco meat and cheese, sloppy joes and cheese, hamburger cheese and bacon, the list is endless.   

A pasta week sounds excellent!  I cleaned out my pantry and found 4 boxes of spaghetti and a jar of pasta sauce that was nearing it's expiration date so we had pasta on the weekend.  We bought some italian sausage and some loose brat filling for ours.  It was excellent.  

oh no, I came here hungry.  This all sounds delicious!

• Haha 2

I don't have a lot to talk about these days, which is pretty nice. It's so quiet. This is my favorite part of winter, the quiet. No one is running a lawn mower or a leaf blower. Nothing is on the schedule. Holidays are great until they aren't, and I spent the first week of the year just going "One day, the snow will fall, and it will be quiet. And then I will do quiet activities with a giant mug of tea"  and it's HERE and I'm so happy.  

I'm going to start posting a little less often now we're in this quiet time of year. I'm not going away, and I'll continue to post in the weekly weigh-ins. I'm just gonna really enjoy this quiet while it lasts. 

See you soon :) 

• Like 8

Enjoy!

quiet tim and eric GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This week can be described as "cozy". I have eaten so many potatoes and cheese this week. SO MANY.  it's really fantastic. I've gained weight, but I dont' care. I'll lose it again. eating a hot, cheesy potato in your hands after shoveling snow is a FANTASTIC feeling. I highly recommend it. 

This week I also got back to work. I'm drawing again! I'm working on embroidery patterns and picture books, and I'm remembering that I'm pretty good at this. It feels good to be making stuff again.

I'm reading Percy Jackson books again for fun, and listening to a book my folks recommended.. what's it called... lemme get my phone...Theft of Swords by Michael J Sullivan. It's pretty good.  The narrator is very good. I like listening to it while we put together puzzles. 

Workouts have been sidelined for deep cleaning and shoveling snow, which is pretty good, even if my fitbit doesn't recognize my hard work. Little jerk :D 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I took off my fitbit yesterday because it was keeping me awake at night. If I rolled over, the light would shine in my eyes, or it would vibrate when I put my hand under the pillow. Sleeping without it was really nice! It's been a surprisingly good tool in helping me make changes to sleep better, but I felt like I was taking off training wheels and that was a good feeling. 

I'm ready to take off more training wheels! I eat a pretty regular diet when it's not the holidays, and I don't need to log my food every day. I know if I'm eating my usual stuff, I'm good. I also know how many laps around the neighborhood I need to walk throughout the day to get enough activity to lose weight. I dont' need to wear my fitbit everyday, especially now it's cold and my gloves just make it vibrate and go crazy most of the walk. I feel like when I'm having a lot of feelings, I can manage them without food. I can do it by myself! :D 

I'm ready to build the rest of my life up. I want to be more social, even though that's scary. I want to develop more hobbies and interests and also figure out what I don't really like doing.  I'm ready to trust myself to manage this and not look for permission or a blueprint to make it happen.I can do this.  I'm ready for some personal growth, and I'm also ready to be incredibly uncomfortable while it happens. 

For today...it's going to be pretty usual. Shoveling snow, doing laundry, watching football :D  But I'll be thinking about this while I do all that. I'm not sure how much time I want to spend on making goals and setting action plans. I think for a while I just kinda want to explore and figure it out as I go. 

• Like 8

Yea for you!!!   I'm also kinda feeling the need to stop with the constant data collection and just LIVE.  Like when I was in college and just went out for a run.  How far, how fast, what was my heart rate???  Who cares?!??!?!?   Hum .... might be time to level up this rebellion.  

image.png.d1b0d17711200fdfd0462a8e07e01e95.png

• That's Metal 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

3 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Yea for you!!!   I'm also kinda feeling the need to stop with the constant data collection and just LIVE.  Like when I was in college and just went out for a run.  How far, how fast, what was my heart rate???  Who cares?!??!?!?   Hum .... might be time to level up this rebellion.  

image.png.d1b0d17711200fdfd0462a8e07e01e95.png

Yeah! These things are tools for when we need them and to set down when we don’t. Thats what appeals to me, the just LIVING bit. Just to be.  

• Like 3

Our new neighbor across the street helped me shovel my driveway yesterday. I was really happy that they seem like a really nice family and I think we'll be good neighbors. His daughter turned three this weekend and she is all about Queen Elsa. 

I lost my mom's perks card at our grocery store on Friday and was able to pick up a new set for her today. Thankfully it was an easy fix. The guy who works there is so dang nice. He's helped me out a couple times with stuff like this, and he never makes me feel stupid when I make mistakes. 

There are a lot of nice people around me lately, and I am really appreciative of that. 

I bought a brownie mix to make later on with Baileys. Has anyone ever tried Baileys brownies? I like Baileys. I like brownies.  the recipe is "Substitute water with baileys."  EASY ENOUGH. It also has a Baileys frosting recipe too. I am thinking I'll make them later this month and freeze the rest. I just had cake this weekend, or else I'd be making them now. :D 

Today felt lazy in a good way. Tomorrow I have a lot of cleaning to do, but today was like "Hey... What's up...Going to the store? That's cool.. Do a load of laundry? Nice. Gonna sit down for two hours and work on a puzzle while listening to a book? Fantastic."

My turn to cook dinner. Remember when I said I was going to post less? That's working out really well isn't it? :D:D:D 

• Like 6