Forums are back in action! ×

Motivational and Inspirational Quotes

So many good quotes on here!

Here's my addition. :)

"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."  Buddha

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

"Time does not change us. It just unfolds us."

--Max Frisch

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

"What do I fear?

I fear stagnation and lack of progress.

I fear never reaching my potential and being average.

I fear being forgotten ... The past ... Yesterday's news.

I fear giving up and being passed by, going softly into that good night.

I fear letting those I love down, letting myself down.

I fear settling, giving in to the "that's just the way it is" mindset.

I fear dying without leaving my mark.

I fear not feeling these fears anymore and just floating away.

These fears feed me, they nourish my drive.

I love my fear."

Sorry don't have anyone to attribute it too, it just really rings true for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

z79DAk8.jpg

I totally just found this on a thread in the yoga section and It really got me thinking about my practice and I thought it really belonged here.

• Like 1

Hobbit Assassin Recruit

Level 0

Str: 0     Dex: 0     Sta: 0     Con: 0     Wis: 0     Cha: 0

“Though she may be but little, she is fierce!†
― Helena, Midsummer Night's Dream, Shakespeare

Challenge Page | Soon to be Bucket list page

Howard Shore is my homeboy

Motivation for every time I don't want to get up at 5:45 in the morning to get to the gym or I don't want to do extra work @ work...

"Do the things today that the others don't, in order to have the things tomorrow that others won't." - Les Brown

"I am not as good as I could be. I am not as good as I should be. But I am better than I used to be"

Oh man, I needed that one this morning! 

Here's (not so much motivational, but a good reminder;) one I just found.

"Breathe.

If you feel overwhelmed, breathe. It will calm you and release the tensions.

If you are worried about something coming up, or caught up in something that already happened, breathe. It will bring you back to the present.

If you are moving too fast, breathe. It will remind you to slow down, and enjoy life more.

Breathe, and enjoy each moment of this life. They’re too fleeting and few to waste."

Leo BabautaZenHabits.com
  • Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

My daughter came home from school one day and told me what her guitar teacher said. I don't know if he got it somewhere or if it was all him, but it stuck with me.

"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.†― Henry Ford

Epic Quest

First Challenge          Second Challenge         Third Challenge

a concept i got from Buddhism (I'm not Buddhist, I just have done some reading): Live life like a tuned guitar string, too loose and the note is sour, too tight and string will snap, balance is the key.

There is actually a quote for it, but I can't be bothered looking it up, so I'll just reword it for my own purposes. Anyway, it helps keep things in perspective when I miss a workout because I'm busy as, or every time I go to bed with things still not crossed off my to do list.

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

Point in case: missed our workout this morning because my son is having another reaction to his meds.  He used to get super bummed out about it, and super-guilty, but this time he just said "Sorry... we'll have to be extra awesome tomorrow to catch up."

• Like 6

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Not exactly motivational, but always make me feel good. 

Smiling is contagious, you catch it like the flu

When someone smiled at me today, I started smiling too

I passed around the corner, and someone saw my grin

When he smiled I realised I'd passed it on to him.

I thought about that smile, and realised it;s worth

A single smile, just like mine could travel round the Earth

So if you feel a smile begin, don't leave it undetected

Let's start an epidemic, and get the world infected!

• Like 4

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

These are great! I love a good quote, here a couple of my favourites that weren't said by Matthew McConaughey and aren't about high school girls….

"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves."

- Bill Hicks

"I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,

I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world."

- Walt Whitman

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.â€

- Carl Sagan

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we … kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok … But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."

- Bill Hicks

This next one is a mash-up of a few different quotes I heard from Carl Sagan and Brian Cox, but a friend of mine was having a hard day and I sent her this in a text to try and cheer her up, so I'm taking the credit. ;)

"With the exception of Hydrogen and Helium, every known element in the universe is formed at the heart of a dying star. Everything we know in this world, everything that has ever been or will be, including you and me is the result of countless stars living and dying over billions of years and releasing all that made them shine brightly out into the universe to create new life over and over and over again. So remember, when the world is grinding you down and you feel like you're trapped with nowhere to go, you are quite literally made of stardust and your purpose is to shine as brightly as they once did."

- Bill Spence

• Like 2

"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves."

- Bill Hicks

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride." And we … kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok … But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."

- Bill Hicks

Here's Tom with the weather!

• Like 1

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

When asked, You don’t fall on the ground and breathe heavy after a workout?

â€œNo. When animals surrender they go lying on their back. I never go lying on my back. It’s a sign of weakness and surrendering. Never lying on my back.â€

- Mikko Salo

“To me, the best exercise for this is running. Running is so important that you should keep it up during your lifetime. What time of the day you run is not important as long as you run.â€

- Bruce Lee

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

One half of knowing what you want is knowing what you must give up before you get it. ~Sidney Howard

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all outta gum."

-Nada from "They Live"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

"Strong in purpose and strong in action; strong within and strong without; strong against foes that are seen and strong against foes that are unseen; all the way up and all the way down, all the way around and all the way through; first, last and always—strong!"