Forums are back in action! ×

Omg planking!

Sinuosette

So, one of the things I am being super stubborn with recently, is some good old office planking. Me and a few friends from the office have a ranking system and we try to beat each other's records while increasing our personal ones at the same time.

I am far from beating the 3m30s one of my friends managed to pull (he made it look easy! :o), but i reached one of my milestones: 2 minutes!

I am sure I had smoke coming out of my ears at that point, but I am ranking highest among the girls and that's already a start. The boys'd better start being veeery afraid ;)

:very_drunk:

Congrats! Any plank is good plank :).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Titanium Bulwark

Level 4 Goliath Warrior

STR: 14.5 DEX: 7 STA: 12.5 CON: 8 WIS: 9.5 CHA: 5

Out of 100 men in battle, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are real fighters,

Ah, but the one,

One of them is the WARRIOR, And he will bring the others back.

- Hericletus 500 BC

Isaiah 40:31 "..but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

@ articMaiden: The amazing thing with planks is that seeing the results of training is a little easier: I went from 30s~ to 2 minutes in about 10 days. That increased my motivation to keep trying :)

On a totally unrelated note: OMG hula-hooping! I'm not very good at it, but office hula-hooping is one of my favourite activities on a working day (normally happens after office planking :P).

Yay, Hula-hoop! Like jump rope, I played that a lot when I was a child and I still have very fond memories of it. I have yet to find an adult size one though. I like the idea of office planking. I think I'll copy you on this one. I won't do that with my co-workers though ^^

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

I can't find a decent sized hula hoop either (I guess they are not common in France?), but my colleague brought 2 from California, so for now we are fine. Office planking is amazing! We have a small group of girls meeting every day and planking together to see who's going to last the longest. Even if you decide to do it by yourself it's still a quick and nice work out that won't take much of a lunch break :D

We sometimes get weird looks from the other colleagues walking past our glass walls but they all end up being amused and wanting to try (we have a rankign system with our personal records on a wall :P).

Yay, Hula-hoop! Like jump rope, I played that a lot when I was a child and I still have very fond memories of it. I have yet to find an adult size one though. I like the idea of office planking. I think I'll copy you on this one. I won't do that with my co-workers though ^^

Actually I made my hula hoop! It cost less than $5 Canadian and was really easy. Then I decorated it with pink and batman hockey tape. :redface:

There is a tutorial here if you want to make your own: http://www.jasonunbound.com/hoops.html

Have fun!!!

arcticMaiden the Unshakeable

Arctic Adventurer - Level 3
Epic Quest || Travel Blog || Challenge 1 || Challenge 2 || Current Challenge

STR: 8 / DEX: 7 / STA: 9 / CON: 9 / WIS: 6 / CHA: 6

Actually I made my hula hoop! It cost less than $5 Canadian and was really easy. Then I decorated it with pink and batman hockey tape. :redface:

There is a tutorial here if you want to make your own: http://www.jasonunbound.com/hoops.html

Have fun!!!

We made hula hoops too. Good job.

And great job with the planking progress. Inspirational.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Archived