Forums are back in action! ×

The Perfect Pants

Siferiax

So I went shopping last Saturday. I bought 3 new jeans!!!

I tried on many... somewhere between 10~20. This is normal. However when picking pants the biggest problem was LENGTH.

I could often fit into the jeans, but they'd be too short. Or the pants sat too low, therefore I couldn't close them. Or the pants fit, but were too big at the top, leaving a really big gap between my lower back and the jeans.

BUT I found the near perfect pants. It's long enough, it's high enough, it actually falls along my figure leaving barely any gap, it's very comfortable!!!

Woohoo :D It's a size 34, which would be normal for me.

I'm just very happy with this one!

Then my mom found another that just had skinny leg instead of boot leg. Hooray!

And before that we found an almost perfect pants. It was just slightly too tight. I'm sure if I work out I'll fit that one comfortably too!

Buying a size bigger wasn't an option. So I bought it anyway, and I will fit into it, I'm sure!

I'm just very excited about that shopping trip :D

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Yay. Nothing like that sinking feeling that you're going to have to alter your pants, then the elation of finding some that don't need altering.

I'm also jealous because it sounds like your sizing relates to an actual measurement instead of what the clothing industry feels like putting on the label.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Yay. Nothing like that sinking feeling that you're going to have to alter your pants, then the elation of finding some that don't need altering.

I'm also jealous because it sounds like your sizing relates to an actual measurement instead of what the clothing industry feels like putting on the label.

Haha well I don't alter pants to be honest. I just pull on the belt and it's okay. Making pants that sit right, feel weird haha.

Not at all :) Though to be honest I just converted the size. Over here we like having different measurements for clothes.

Where "what's your size" could be, 44, 34, XL?! :P

the pants were all size 44... which is the same as size 34 (US sizing)... which is XL?!

Equally we have the same with shirts, they're either XL or 44.

But to illustrate, I can fit in an M shirt, or an L shirt, or an XL shirt... depending on the shirt.

Two the same clothes, may not even be equal.

It gets crazier with shoes. I have anywhere between 42 and 44 for shoes sizes. That would be eehhhh 8~11 US sizes?!

Basically 99% of the time I need guy shoes 8D girl shoes don't go beyond 42 for some stupid reason.

So screw sizing really. Haha.

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Archived