Forums are back in action! ×

100 Burpee Challenge

OrangeJorwell

its official, had to break today's down into 2 sets (8/6).  I wasn't as energized as usual, but not taking any credit away from the burpees themselves, which are doing a sufficient job of kicking my butt!

Chriskra, Level 1 Night Elf Ranger

STR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 2|CHA 4

"The only easy day was yesterday"

Dear Burpees,

It's quite clear that we don't get along.  Please stop being a pain in my backside... and abs... and well, everywhere.

Love,

Me

P.S. This isn't over.

Burpees before yoga!  If I pull off an inverted burpee, I'm counting it!

Omnibard, level 2 Fey AssassinSTR 7|DEX 4|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 6|CHA 2

"All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without benefit of experience."- Henry Miller

Done my 15. I really really get just simply exhausted doing these. So I do them in sets of 5 now, but I'm hardly able to jump backward/forward/up on the last. Jumping doesn't appear to be my skill...

My legs just hate me. I lack some serious stamina I guess.

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

To anyone who has never done 120 burpees, not just in one day, but over the span of maybe 20-30 minutes and following decently intense 60 minute workout....bit of advice. DON'T DO IT!! 

My body hates me right now....I'm scared to go to bed because I am going to HURT in the morning!!! But hey, now I'll only need to do 16 tomorrow LOL!! 

Level 10 Wandering Nord

Constitution: 15.5 Strength: 14 Wisdom: 17.5 Stamina: 12.25 Dexterity: 2 Charisma: 8
Current Challenge: Picking Up The Pieces

Sigh, I should not fall behind on this anymore. Just did 10+13+14+15+16 (68) burpees.

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

Argh, I missed the last two days. Time to start my 45...

aisis, Level 2 Wood Elf AssassinSTR 3|DEX 5|STA 5|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

1st Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22206-prologue-and-exposition/

Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/25678-aisis-part-one-performance/#entry443199

Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/25680-aisiss-battle-log/#entry443214

"All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move."

I'm glad I'm getting into the habit of doing some in the morning.

Had a work meeting last night, so I wasn't able to do any burpees after that.

But I did 6 in the morning, so am only behind with 10.

This morning I did 7, meaning I only need to do 20 this afternoon.

I'm hoping to build my morning routine up to 10 burpees at least.

Then see how I can divide these across the day, because I can't do them at work.

Spoiler

I have only just come across this thread today and it sounds like an awesome challenge. I am just trying to decide if I would be able to do 153 burpees tonight over the course of a few sets and not kill myself, or whether to take today as day 1.

We shall see what energy levels are looking like when I get home from work. I tend to prefer the 'jump in with both feet before looking' approach so I get the feeling my body is going to hate me in the morning.

Karma Stu

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 I DEX: 3 I STA: 3 I CON: 2 I WIS: 3 I CHA: 2

Karma restored

"You have to want it more than you want to continue feeling comfortable, and until you do, you're not going to change a damn thing - no matter how much you lament not being or doing what you 'want'." - Evicious

I have only just come across this thread today and it sounds like an awesome challenge. I am just trying to decide if I would be able to do 153 burpees tonight over the course of a few sets and not kill myself, or whether to take today as day 1.

We shall see what energy levels are looking like when I get home from work. I tend to prefer the 'jump in with both feet before looking' approach so I get the feeling my body is going to hate me in the morning.

Honestly, you should try to catch up.  Even if you can't do all of them over 1 day, if you can do 30 or 40 a day for the next few days, you'll catch up pretty quickly.  And if you're on the same schedule as everyone else, there's a little more encouragement there near the end.

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

go for it... always jump in first :D And like Zebarah says you can spread the catch up out over a few days if need be

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

Did my 20 catch up yesterday afternoon.

And I managed to do 8 this morning! I may actually get to the 10 in the morning goal :D

So 10 in the afternoon/evening. Need to see where I can fit those in.

Spoiler

The last couple days my work outs have included burpees ("and there was much rejoicing... yay")  :) so I've been getting them in plus some. (too bad we can't do them in advance ;) )

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

Yaaahhh! I broke out in hives and missed days 11-15.  I began again...

16 Jan - 11+12=23

17 Jan - 13+14=27

18 Jan - 10+10+11=31 (check 15&16)

almost caught up!

Celtic ScoutLevel 4Str 8 | Dex 7.5 | Sta 12.25 | Con 9 | Wis 10.5 | Cha 7.75Battle Log"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm sorta ill. Really ill Friday evening, and not quite there yesterday.

So I'm behind 29 now and probably today's 20 get added to that...

Not sure how to do burpees when I can barely breath just sitting around.

Spoiler

I'm sorta ill. Really ill Friday evening, and not quite there yesterday.

So I'm behind 29 now and probably today's 20 get added to that...

Not sure how to do burpees when I can barely breath just sitting around.

That sucks! Hope you feel better soon!! 

Level 8 Wookiee Ranger

STR 33.5 | DEX 17.5 | STA 17.75 | CON 14.5 | WIS 18.5 | CHA 8.25
"Do, or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

#1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 Challenge #7

Fitocracy

Archived