Forums are back in action! ×

2.5xbw deadlift... finally :)

spezzy

and not only did i do 375, which is 2.5, then i did 377.5, then 380.  So I did 2.5xbw three times.  Total set was 365, 370, 375, 377.5, 380.  Singles, but still.

HUZZAH.

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Friggin awesome. Your face changes color faster than a mood ring.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Now that I have watched this video several times I must say the best part (besides the lock out of course) is the Spezzy Shimmy that you do when trying to get the belt into the proper position. :D 

I must now investigate belts for my own personal use so that I can finally match you in BW multiples. Then I will worry about Wilkes. 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Wow!!! Congrats! Now to catch up with you, I'll need to pull close to 570....DAMN!! Great job.....and the best part was definitely the lock out....BAM!! Although after reading BigM's comment, I had to go back and watch the Spezzy Shimmy...hahaha, love it!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Friggin awesome. Your face changes color faster than a mood ring.

My computer is now covered in coffee spray!!!!

But damn girl, just when I think you can't get any more amazing, you go and do some whacked out shit like this!!!

I bow to your awesomeness.....you'll 'prolly still have to look up tho!!

Lurve ya girl!!!

BTW, this would have placed 4th in your weight class in the DL for last year's nationals.

http://www.usapowerlifting.com/results/2012/2012_Womens_National_Results.htm

My bad, you'd be competing in the RAW nationals I'd assume. You would have had the second best DL at 172.7 kg. The best was 180 kg.

http://www.usapowerlifting.com/results/2012/2012_Raw_Nationals_Results.htm

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Okay, this has gotten ridiculous! It was bad enough when I could barely keep up with you (despite having a 30lb BW advantage). But now you had to go and pull ahead! [*edit* XcD pun not intended]

all joking aside, that is an incredible pr And I know you earned it.

On a related note, are you up for a deadlift PVP? Heaviest lift by the end of the challenge? You pick the required reps...

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Okay, this has gotten ridiculous! It was bad enough when I could barely keep up with you (despite having a 30lb BW advantage). But now you had to go and pull ahead! [*edit* XcD pun not intended]

all joking aside, that is an incredible pr And I know you earned it.

On a related note, are you up for a deadlift PVP? Heaviest lift by the end of the challenge? You pick the required reps...

I'm hesitant because of my injury but also tempted because I love a good PVP :)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

I'm hesitant because of my injury but also tempted because I love a good PVP :)

*taunts*

awe, come on.... ;)

You're almost guaranteed to win. I'll be doing a lot of running (weakness inducing cardio) this challenge AND my current pr is only 365.

okay, okay, I'll stop. I really don't want to help you hurt yourself over a PVP so I seriously won't mind if you decline

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

hoo raa!

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Archived