Forums are back in action! ×

Your personal Battle Theme Song

It might be kinda corny but one song that NEVER fails to get me energised is Survival by Muse.

I know it was the 2012 Olympic song and I know it's kinda cheesy and bombastic and silly but man I love it and it never fails to give me goosebumps!

Also there is a reading of All the Way by Chuck Bukowski on youtube that has been put to music and it's pretty magical. I urge you to give it a listen. It's right up there on my bout mix.

• Like 1

Ceto Lvl 3

Race: Half Elf / Half Dwarf | Class: Ranger

STR 4 || DEX 6 || STA 3.5 || CON 4.75 || WIS 6 || CHA 3

Run 5km - PB 32 mins 30 secs

Run 10km - PB 63mins 13 secs

Deadlift - PB 3x10 @55kg

Benchpress - PB 3x10 @54kg

Narrow Grip Pull Downs - PB 3x10 @45kg

Bent-over-row - PB 3x10 @45kgs

40min Cycle (on machine) - PB 22.41km on hardest resistance

Roller Derby - PB 30 in 5

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/66592/

Most anything hatebreed but their first two albums, are just insane. Vision of disorder, bury your dead (when Matt was with them) all get me going.

<p><p>eedad's daily battle log ----> http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/70279-eedads-daily-log/Challenge #1 ----> http://rebellion.nerdfitnss.com/index.php?/topic/70983-eedads-first-challenge-1/Plank times, progress measured as workouts per week with final measure of time 12/12

100%
100%
Flexibility 24/24
100%
100%
Diet 38/42
90.4%
90.4%
Life goal = pass/fail<p>
100%
100%

At the moment I have two from, The Return of the Living Dead, I might be biased, but damn that movie has some amazing music. 

1. The Trioxin theme, it's just so catchy and I want to start running when I hear it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3LHws9mcho

2. The Do You Want to Party song, it always get me hyped up no matter what I'm doing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLPmyoxvTPo

I love lots of aggressive songs to get me pumped - loud, growly, smashing, thrashing warrior songs are often my soundtrack. But the theme for my overall main quest is this one, the one I go to to remind me what I'm fighting for - hope, and the chance to reach all the potential I once thought was out of reach.

2017: Year of the Epic Travel Adventure

Lycan Ranger | Level 13

Current challenge - Metallica Theme

Previous: 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle log/inspiration thread

Man does this thread make me feel old. Someone 'way back several pages ago said something about Metallica reminding them of their dad. Goodness.

I don't often bother with my iPod at the gym because I can't be arsed to find my wee Shuffle and my Classic is too heavy/I don't have any sort of armband. When I do listen to music it's on the treadmill and then I have to select from the recordings I have that are loud enough to drown out that gawd-awful club dance music they blast. 

I'd say if it's ferocity I'm after, then anything Bolt Thower. But there are times I'm just after the upbeat shit and I'm not ashamed to admit I'll listen to this Michael Jackson greatest hits album I have. 

• Like 2

A couple of the ones I prefer when lifting heavy:

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Freedom Fighters - Two Steps From Hell For death and glory! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for mentioning TSFH. I'd never heard of them but they're great!

I listen to quite a bit of different music when lifting and running (SoundGarden is awesome and gets you pumped, Tchaikovsky gives you that focus).

If I really want to dig deep, I know I can always push myself with any part of the Halo soundtrack. Those songs take me back to my giant original Xbox, butt-stroking elites with my brother on split-screen, and just generally make me feel like such a badass. They are driving, triumphant, and aggressive. I guess there's no safer place to express these nerdy thoughts than here, but listening to the music sometimes puts me in the mood of the tireless, selfless determination and sacrifice of Master Chief sometimes gets me through some hard reps.

A mellow but especially intense Halo song (and personal favorite) to share:

• Like 1

Battle Log: Contract "G. L."

Bodyweight: + 10 lbs

0%
0%

Squat Weight: 175/225

75%
75%

Floss Nightly 2/43

4%
4%

I am about to admit something and I know that at least one person will laugh. That's ok. The song that really gets me going when I'm working out is the song "You're the Best Around" by Joe Esposito. (Yes the song from the Karate Kid movie). For some reason whenever I hear that song I move faster and I push harder, I'm not sure why but it has become a staple for me to listen to or sing when I'm working out and have reached that point where I want to quit but need to finish.

Pandamomma Level 1 Satyr Recruit

Str-3, Dex-2, Sta-3, Con-1, Wis-3, Cha-4, Will-1

Quote: "I can, I will and I must because no one else can do it for me."

I am about to admit something and I know that at least one person will laugh. That's ok. The song that really gets me going when I'm working out is the song "You're the Best Around" by Joe Esposito. (Yes the song from the Karate Kid movie). For some reason whenever I hear that song I move faster and I push harder, I'm not sure why but it has become a staple for me to listen to or sing when I'm working out and have reached that point where I want to quit but need to finish.

I'm not laughing, that song is epic! :D I can definitely see how that can help you get past the last push. 

My battle songs... it has to be AC/DC's Back in Black and Highway to Hell.  Nothing else, those are the songs I've always come back to, my flavor of the week songs come and go, but those two songs always do it for me.

Mad Jack Flint

Level 0 Tiefling Recruit

STR ?? - DEX ?? - STA ?? - CON ?? - WIS ?? - CHA ??

Respawn... respawn... respawn... Dang... I can't think of a character.