Forums are back in action! ×

So who else is excited for Camp Nerd Fitness?

Hey all!

First Camp Nerd Fitness EVER going on next year!  Who else is PUMPED?!

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 - DEX 2.25 - STA 4.5 - CON 5.5 - WIS 6 - CHA 6

Introduction

Previous Battle Log     Current Battle Log

First Challenge     Previous Challenge     Current Challenge

Holiday Mini-Challenge

日本語 PvP

What do we say to the god of failure?  NOT TODAY.

I'd love to go, but it lands on the list of things i just can't afford... It is so tempting to ask Grandma to loan me a bit of money or to forgo the next few years of Christmas and birthday presents, but maybe I can wait for some year int he future when my financial situation is better.

Space_Elf, Fallohide Hobbit Level 0. STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Battle Log | 

Science fiction is an existential metaphor, that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said: "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

You should check out the schedule and do some of the things from home!  That's what I plan to do if I can't swing it.  Then we can be there in spirit, lol. :)

Level 3 Human Assassin

Introduction

Holiday Mini-Challenge

日本語 PvP

Sounds awesome, but I can't go-- theres the big Pacific Ocean between me and USA :(

....sometimes its a little inconvenient living down in New Zealand, its just so far from everywhere else

The place in Georgia, has anyone been to it? It looks beautiful :)

• Like 1

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a ride!â€
Hunter S. Thompson

Current ChallengePrevious Challenge, Daily Battle Log

Level 1 Hobbit Scout

STR 5|DEX 1|STA 5|CON 2|WIS 1|CHA 1

Heh, chances are I won't be able to go due to the whole trans-Atlantic thing going on, but I'm remaining optimistic until they release pricing and suchlike. If it's going to become a frequent thing, however...

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

I've been discussing it with my husband. I've never been on a vacation or trip by myself, so I'm kind of hoping I get to do this as a lone unit. Looking to start saving soon and as soon as I find out the final price, I'll be looking into flight options.

I wonder if we can find a tech savvy individual who could live stream some of the events/discussions for those people who can't attend...

• Like 2

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I'm thinking of solo attending. Never really gone out and done stuff like this on my own. Can't really say for sure until I get a pricing estimate. Although the flight is probably going to take most of my money!

• Like 1

Starting weight: 195    Now weight: 160

A past will chase you if you try to escape from it, but once you confront it, it's just an old memory inside you.

Just dropped in on this thread when is this wonderful event?

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

It's only a 15 hour drive though.

Ahaaaaaaaaa... ignoring the ferry that sort of drive could get me to switzerland :P

i'm a maybe, the price will effect things as i'm in the process of buying a house but everything else i should be good with, i would probably want to see if i can hang out with some of you yankee-doodles (or at least be pointed in the direction of cool stuff) because with my shift pattern it makes sense to take more days off and i'd probably fly out 14/15th and back 24/25th or something like and make more of a holiday out of it... and have chance to recover from the lag

I wonder if we can find a tech savvy individual who could live stream some of the events/discussions for those people who can't attend...

That sounds like an awesome idea!  This is NERD Fitness, after all.  There's got to be someone...

Little worried about this falling right next to my anniversary, so we'll see what happens.  Plus, me and the hubby are doing our usual anime cons, plus a honeymoon next year and maybe another trip with his family, so time may or may not be an issue.  For now, my plan is to go unless something stops me!

Level 3 Human Assassin

Introduction

Holiday Mini-Challenge

日本語 PvP

Awesome ok i will be driving up as long as the USAF doesn't decide to deploy me someplace crazy during that time.

• Like 1

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

Sounds awesome, but I can't go-- theres the big Pacific Ocean between me and USA :(

....sometimes its a little inconvenient living down in New Zealand, its just so far from everywhere else

The place in Georgia, has anyone been to it? It looks beautiful :)

Aussie here, dittoing this.  I really hope that this becomes a recurring thing, so I can attend maybe year after next ... next year I need to save up for too many other things (e.g. a car, a convention I've been saving up for a year to get to) to attend.  Maybe if I hadn't had exchange this semester and therefore been out of work for four months ... but if it's recurring, definitely going on the list of things to get to!

Ahaaaaaaaaa... ignoring the ferry that sort of drive could get me to switzerland :tongue:

This stuff always sounds so weird to me - in Australia, you drive for 2 1/2 hours, you don't even leave the state - heck, you barely drive between two rural towns!  You Europeans and your countries close together... :P

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

I think it will be a blast to meet a bunch of other nerds and work out plus its 2 weeks after d con.

Fitness con in between anime conventions?  Sounds like a plan to me.

Level 3 Human Assassin

Introduction

Holiday Mini-Challenge

日本語 PvP

Me me me me! Super duper excited!

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Yes! I'm super excited to go! My year of service will have just ended, so I don't know where I'll be (maybe between jobs) at that point. It's possible that I'll go home to Florida for a bit, borrow a car, and drive up from there. I don't know if I'll be able to swing it budget-wise, just because I'm not making any money this whole year. I'll see what kind of pricing we're talking about, though, and probably decide for sure then.

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: 5 4 3 2 1

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson