Forums are back in action! ×

I've been trying to lose weight for the last 10 years, and have been a classic yo-yo dieter. Last year I had a lot of success doing a candida cleanse...which seems similar to a paleo diet as far as what I can/can't eat, but is much more regimented. I lost about 35lbs and have now put it all back on +2.

I have been reading NF for about 6 months and love the articles. I tell everyone about it. I'm nervous sharing my journey with others. I am a very introverted person when it comes to my health, mental and physical, but feel like getting myself out there and having a support group will help me to stay focused and not "fall off the wagon."

Although my husband is supportive in his way, it's not enough to keep me going. I need a community to help me become the best, healthiest, fittest, etc. I can be. I'm hoping this is it!

Krasavitsa |Night Elf Adventurer (Aspiring Ranger)| Level 0

Str 0| Dex 0| Sta 0| Con 0| Wis 0| Cha 0

"The difference between our body this week & next week is what you do for the next seven days to achieve your goals."

http://nyxappeal.blogspot.com

Welcome to the rebellion. Before I found NF I went from 270 to 208 on the South Beach diet then rebounded back up to 300. I'm working my way back down, so I feel you on the backsliding. This is a great place to be for support. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

There is no need to be nervous, we're mostly friendly here.

As far as your "wagon," perhaps it was too restrictive.  Maybe it might be better to build a lifestyle change and induce a minor restriction that dances around the border of sustainable.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

This is definitely the place to be if you are looking for a positive supportive community! There are many like minded introverts here (myself included). Share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. I have found people to be nothing but supportive and welcoming.

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

The community here is truly second to none.  I've done things I never thought I'd accomplish thanks to guidance and support from the NF Rebels!

Welcome!  You can stay on that wagon!! :)

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Maybe build a bigger wagon, more stable, easier to stay on :)  Looks like you are off to a good start because the first step is the hardest

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Strength:8  Dexterity:8   Constitution:8  Intelligence:6
Wisdom:6  Charisma:7

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

Batroc Challenge Challenge

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

Thank you all for the wonderful comments! I'm starting anew tomorrow with small changes. Namely dietary and will hopefully be back to the gym or at least walking more by the end of the week. I was also given a set of weights and a bench, so here we go!

Krasavitsa |Night Elf Adventurer (Aspiring Ranger)| Level 0

Str 0| Dex 0| Sta 0| Con 0| Wis 0| Cha 0

"The difference between our body this week & next week is what you do for the next seven days to achieve your goals."

http://nyxappeal.blogspot.com