Forums are back in action! ×

Adventure is out there!

I'm a 20 year old college student who is getting in shape and losing weight because one day i woke up and really noticed how heavy I was getting and decided enough is enough. I have been setting little goals for myself and doing my best to stick to them. So far my journey has been pretty successful! Over my summer break I joined a gym that focused on fitness boxing in group classes. I started doing that at the beginning of June and had to stop at the end of August (where I go to school is too far for me to keep going there during the school year). With that method I lost 20lbs over my summer break and I want to keep it up at school. However, I am finding it hard because I was so use to the group classes and following the instructor. I might need some help there.

A little about me that has nothing to do really with fitness...

Im an early childhood education major who can't wait to have her own kindergarten classroom. I love dogs and plan to buy a house in the future with so much land that I can adopt dogs and let them run around and be happy! I love to do arts and crafts! And I am absolutely in love and obsessed with Disney! I make some pretty awesome bracelets using embroidery floss. I have a tattoo on my foot that says Adventure is out there (thats why the title) and I am also just obsessed with that quote, it comes from the Disney/Pixar movie UP, which is one of my top favorites. And thats all i really have to say.

My goals are from now until Thanksgiving and they are
-To lose another 20lbs by Thanksgiving (or at least close to it)

-To get into yoga to increase my flexibility (I cant even bend down to touch my toes, never have been able to)

And, thats about it as of now. I'm excited to have discovered this website!

• Like 3

Hi 

Welcome to the rebellion.

Great goals. Very specific. 

And good thing you have a adopted a pretty inspiring motto.

Visit the weight loss section of the rebellion for more help.

And this post can help you with the second goal.

Dont limit yourself to just touching the toes. There are many other variations and many different stretches that you might want to try.

Now go for the adventure and have fun.

Good luck.

If you want something, go get it. Period 

Epic Quest                                     Intro post                                    Duolingo

Welcome Princessnutmegg! 

Congratulations on your successes so far, and you've come to the right place to keep you motivation up. I'm in my 4th year of teaching (visual arts) right now so I can completely understand your passion for education, but also the challenges of being a student and trying to be healthy at the same time. Some of my thoughts on your situation- 

You might be able to check and see if your college's gym has group classes that you can join so you can keep up the momentum and if you're unable to find any classes that work try getting a friend to go with you to do some of the Nerd Fitness workouts. I'd also highly recommend becoming active in the 4-week challenges, they are a lot of fun and you'll really get a lot out of them if you put a lot into them, plus you can check out the Accountabilibuddies forums in the challenges or the find your sidekick forum for an extra boost of motivation if your real life friends are being slackers (like mine can sometimes be hahaha)

I love the app on my iPhone called "Yoga Studio" it was only $0.99 and it has beginner, intermediate, and advanced classes, and you can even customize them if you want. Plus they have workouts broken up into Strength, flexibility, and balance (or a combination) so you can easily find what you're looking for. I'd check it out for your yoga needs! 

Hope that helps, We're all rooting for you! 

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

17 hours ago, princessnutmegg said:

I love dogs and plan to buy a house in the future with so much land that I can adopt dogs and let them run around and be happy!

YAAAHH this sounds lovely, I want to come visit and play with them all!! ^________^

Welcome to NF!!  It looks like you've already made some awesome headway on your fitness journey, congrats on those 20lbs!  I'm a big fan of yoga myself and two of my favorite resources are Yoga with Adriene and DoYouYoga.com.  I love that there are so many different skill levels available (great for learning!!) and that I can practice in the comfort of my own home. <3 

Our next 4 week challenge starts in about 2 weeks on the 25th, like Ryuu I'd highly recommend it to set yourself some goals and get active on the forums here - the social aspect of NF is fantastic and I credit it and the accountability it brings HUGELY to my success. :D

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Hey! I'm looking to seeing you around this months challenges! Feel free to jump into the Juice Bar and say hi to everyone. Good luck with your quests!

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

tumblr_inline_mz1zq8NrXb1rs4nv6.gif

Haha. Hi there! I'm Stella. Looks to me like you have some great goals in place; I'm sure you'll love it here. Hope to see you around the forums (and perhaps in this four week challenge). Also, love the sound of your tattoo! For years I've wanted a tattoo on my foot (well, specifically the underside of my foot) but I'm awful with pain. Where abouts is yours? :) 

Can't wait to see you around!

Your average neighbourhood dork-next-door,

Stella ♥ 

Stella   ::   Sprightly Elf   ::   Level 1

Me!      ::    Battle log       ::   Challenge