MEN ONLY THREAD part two

Sorry to bring up an older post. But I just bought some unscented deoderant from Toms. I freaking love this stuff. I smell soo much better now that I am not wearing the scented axe deoderant. Who knew the human body smelled good :P

I think anyone leaving Axe products behind automatically gets +2 manpoints. I myself am not a fan of that brand and their ads which insult my intelligence worse than Don Rickles on a good day.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Guest Snake McClain

i personally like the scented stuff. I have an old spice kind (not the standard old spice smell but one of their others titled "fiji") and I have their matching body wash. It is...pleasurable to the senses it seems. why unscented?

I think anyone leaving Axe products behind automatically gets +2 manpoints. I myself am not a fan of that brand and their ads which insult my intelligence worse than Don Rickles on a good day.

i don't care for the ads, but i do like their deodorant.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

i personally like the scented stuff. I have an old spice kind (not the standard old spice smell but one of their others titled "fiji") and I have their matching body wash. It is...pleasurable to the senses it seems. why unscented?

I'm usually very loyal to the classic scent but picked up Fiji and another one to mix it up last time. I'm liking it.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Sorry to bring up an older post. But I just bought some unscented deoderant from Toms. I freaking love this stuff. I smell soo much better now that I am not wearing the scented axe deoderant. Who knew the human body smelled good :P

I use Toms as well, it works!

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

I seldom use deodorant. Mostly because I forget, and I'm not naturally sweaty; if I start to smell, I'd rather get clean than just hide the odour.

As for brand/fragrance - I have no loyalty. I'll use whatever comes to hand. Fortunately the only female in the house has paws, so only masculine sprays ever appear in the bathroom!

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Dove Deep Clean body wash and Old Spice Fiji deodarant, but I'm going to have to change deodarants here soon; I'm becoming immune to it :c

Elf Assassin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 STA | 2 CON | 4 DEX | 3 WIS | 4 CHA | 0 STR

"I can't tell if I'm a good person, or I'm faking really well." - George Watsky

Idols - Dick Grayson, Mike Mo Capaldi, Monkey D. Luffy

http://muffunz.tumblr.com

Training Begins

So i've got a question for the guys. Before i started lifting my facial hair grew at a glacial rate and it and my chest hair were fairly light. i just started weight lifting about 3 months ago, and i've noticed that my facial hair is growing a decent amount faster and is a bit darker. my chest hair has thickened a decent amount and has darkened quite a bit. this seems to have happened too fast to just be an age thing. has this happened to anyone else?

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

Sounds plausible. I've actually noticed an increase in body hair as well.

And I though I had too much before.... Lol

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Testosterone is directly linked to body hair like that. Both lifting weights and losing body fat have been shown to raise testosterone levels, so yeah, completely plausible.

I've had the increase as well, but always chalked it up to aging.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

i can personally attest to an increase in body hair since lifting. and libido. all linked to testosterone increase.

also muscles.

True story.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

So here's a question for everyone. Do you have a men's group in real life you get in contact with on a regular basis? I have a men's Bible study that meets every other two weeks, we also go camping (well, this year we went to a small ranch that had a house on it, most of us are in our thirties and have proved we can camp in tents and no longer have anything to prove) once a year and shoot guns etc. It has been very important in my life and has kept me sane on more than one occasion.

I contend that a group of like-minded men with whom you meet on a regular basis is an essential part of a man's life and encourage everyone who doesn't have one to get one.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I have 2 childhood friends that I still see pretty much every weekend/every other weekend. We have boys' nights and boys' weekends every few months where we hang out or go up the mountains without the girls. Definitely important for my sanity.

500 / 330 / 625

It can help to begin with some activity that provides the excuse to get together on a regular basis. "Let's just hang out" is not as effective as "Let's get together for activity X we all love and enjoy."

Current Challenge

I don't know if its a specific group, but my friends and I occasionally get together to bitch about work, women and the state of the union. Lol.

i can personally attest to an increase in body hair since lifting.

I hope so. I keep some stubble because 90% of the people I talk to have told me I look "way better" with stubble, but I think it looks pretty wussy at the moment because it doesn't fill in. I'd love it if it would grow in just a LITTLE thicker. I don't even need full-on-beard, just a little thicker stubble would be just fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Valiance, Level 1 Aasimar Warrior

[table=width: 275, class: outer_border, align: center]

STR: 2

DEX: 3

STA: 2

[tr]

CON: 2

WIS: 3

CHA: 3

[/table]

Chapter One: Valiance's Journey Begins!

Guest Snake McClain
So here's a question for everyone. Do you have a men's group in real life you get in contact with on a regular basis? I have a men's Bible study that meets every other two weeks, we also go camping (well, this year we went to a small ranch that had a house on it, most of us are in our thirties and have proved we can camp in tents and no longer have anything to prove) once a year and shoot guns etc. It has been very important in my life and has kept me sane on more than one occasion.

I contend that a group of like-minded men with whom you meet on a regular basis is an essential part of a man's life and encourage everyone who doesn't have one to get one.

the problem with my group of man friends is that a) none of them aspire to manliness and B) they are not a single one of them like minded.

I really really wish that i could have a group of men like this.

well i do have one really good friend Ben. We are tight like this and getting closer. it's nice to have that. have someone to bounce ideas on.

I'm in a similar situation, except that my best friend is a woman. She and I met because she was a returning student when I was a freshman, and we bonded almost immediately because she felt like an outside and I was not a fan of the other students my age and how they were living their lives.

Honestly I don't feel like I need any more than that. I have other friends who I'm close to, and of course plenty of acquaintances. I can be very social, and I enjoy socializing, but a far as having super close friends that I reveal all of my secrets to and whatnot, she's really the only one. We recently went to a Ren. Fest together and had the most amazing time. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Valiance, Level 1 Aasimar Warrior

[table=width: 275, class: outer_border, align: center]

STR: 2

DEX: 3

STA: 2

[tr]

CON: 2

WIS: 3

CHA: 3

[/table]

Chapter One: Valiance's Journey Begins!