Forums are back in action! ×

A minute of silence for the Red Velvet cake ?️ I didn't have enough food coloring, so it's milk chocolate-colored. I'll have to rethink decorating it since I was planning to make a Crest of Love.

The Crest of Love | Digimon crests, Digimon, Digimon adventure

At least it should still taste good.

Edit: I think I know why the author suggested to bake it in two or three parts. It's still raw on the bottom. We learn everyday... Hopefully it'll bake if I give it more time.

~*~
"Darkness dissolved and a new day began.
The Light of Meridian returned to shine once again.
And never again would anyone stop its splendor."

~*~

Challenges: 1

Lemon cake?

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50; Ch 51; Intermission VI

Seeing those amazing pieces of writing around here makes me wonder if I want to have a year around the 13 Clan Mothers. It's something I wanted to do a long time ago, but the social challenges are the most off-putting. Somebody somewhere said that what we don't want to change the most is what we need to change the most.

~*~

~*~

The cake came out great! Is that cream covered in cocoa powder...?

• Like 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50; Ch 51; Intermission VI

It all looks lovely and delicious! I think to get the cake to look red enough you need a lot of red food coloring, or some recipes call for beet juice

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

According to the author the beet juice doesn't do the job (probably bc cocoa powder makes the cake dark). She used powdered coloring, which is def stronger while I used a tube of gel coloring. It's definitely better for icing than cake batter. Another lesson learned ?

~*~

~*~

1 hour ago, Lucia Aethera said:

According to the author the beet juice doesn't do the job (probably bc cocoa powder makes the cake dark). She used powdered coloring, which is def stronger while I used a tube of gel coloring. It's definitely better for icing than cake batter. Another lesson learned ?

Interesting.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27