Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks! HOLIDAY BONUS EDITION [September 11-November 27, 2023] [With December Holiday Bonus Weeks]

58 minutes ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Interesting... is there anything I need to fix my row.. realizing I may not know what I'm doing with this sheet.... 

Tim fixed the issue for us so we don’t need to worry about it at all! I’ll update the spreadsheet to reflect this. ?

45 minutes ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

So my plan is weigh-ins on Friday and Monday. 

I saw a huge change this Friday. Logged it in my personal places but knowing it is just water weight (I think I have replaced me carbs with veggies....)

Posting for hope on getting through the weekend with smart choices and sitting through the discomfort that happens with weight loss. 

I do this too!  Most of my weight loss happens during the weekends after my initial panic. Maybe so should just eat less chocolate during the week and avoid the panic but I’m not there yet ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Interesting... is there anything I need to fix my row.. realizing I may not know what I'm doing with this sheet.... 

No, I also fixed those that had overwritten the original formula. ?

• Thanks 2
  • That's Metal 1

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

9/11:  74.9

Starting off strong this time with my first ever sub 75 for an official weigh in.  I was down to 73.7 on Friday, but knew it would be coming back up with a chili cookoff over the weekend

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 5
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

35 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

Wow, I had a lot of...fun...on vacation ?

Vacations are meant for fun! You're good :D This week you're gonna bounce back :) 

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Starting off strong this time with my first ever sub 75 for an official weigh in.  I was down to 73.7 on Friday, but knew it would be coming back up with a chili cookoff over the weekend

Chili cookoffs sound amazing! congrats!

• Like 4

Starting weight: 92.4 kg / 203.6 lbs

10/09: 92.95 kg / 204.9 lbs (+0.55 / +1.3)

Oops.

Can I blame water retention? Weather's been exceptionally hot for early September and I couldn't take off my wedding ring, so I'm certain that some of it is water retention at least.

Of course there was a food extravaganza with friends as well yesterday, but the weigh-in was before that.

Let's see how it evolves this coming week...

• Like 5

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

Starting weight: 246.9 lbs

09-09:  242.2 lbs

4.7 lbs for the week--that should take care of the last of the bloat & crap-weight, but there's plenty of good loss in there, too.  That's also a new low for the year, so I'm pumped to keep it going.  I haven't been below 240 since August of 2022, and I haven't touched 230 in almost six years.  From here on I expect to drop 1-2 pounds each week.  Let's get it!

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 5

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

On 9/8/2023 at 9:32 AM, TimovieMan said:

No, I also fixed those that had overwritten the original formula. ?

Thank you very much!

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Whoot! Sounds like a fantastic start of a challenge!

1 hour ago, Everstorm said:

Wow, I had a lot of...fun...on vacation ?

Perfect place to be in Week 1!

1 hour ago, TimovieMan said:

Can I blame water retention? Weather's been exceptionally hot for early September and I couldn't take off my wedding ring, so I'm certain that some of it is water retention at least.

Of course there was a food extravaganza with friends as well yesterday, but the weigh-in was before that.

I would vote yes... bright side of this challenge the heat should go down and you can hit those goals without the heat making things interesting.... 

10 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

4.7 lbs for the week--that should take care of the last of the bloat & crap-weight, but there's plenty of good loss in there, too.  That's also a new low for the year, so I'm pumped to keep it going.  I haven't been below 240 since August of 2022, and I haven't touched 230 in almost six years.  From here on I expect to drop 1-2 pounds each week.  Let's get it!

I'm in a similar boat as you. Something finally clicked this week to have my muscle override the extra weight/bloat. Curious how the rest of the weight will go! And Good luck we got this!

• Like 4

"Operation Bad*ss" Starts 9/1/2024

Quest 1: Level up Basecamp

7 minutes ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

I would vote yes... bright side of this challenge the heat should go down and you can hit those goals without the heat making things interesting.... 

Define "interesting"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

09/11 - 153.9

09/18

09/25

10/02

10/09 (birthday weigh in!)

10/16

10/23

10/30

11/06

11/13

11/20

11/27

12/04

12/11

12/18

12/25

01/01

Not a great way to start off. We just got back from a night away at a concert and it was hot. Over 100F and no A/C to cool off in or easy access to enough water for me to replenish. On top of all that, hormonal bloat hit suddenly with something to prove. Ouch. Hopefully, though, it'll drop off quickly. Bad news is that we have a football game Friday (my Alma Mater - first time seeing them play since I was a student nearly 10 years ago! That seems so crazy it's been that long) and then our friends are throwing a little party to start off football season (they didn't this week because their son just had surgery so they decided week 2 will be close enough haha) on Sunday.

I have a mini-goal of seeing the 140s by my birthday (9 Oct) so I'm hoping to be on my absolute best behavior over this next month. This coming weekend should be the last one with any big events going on for me until the 2nd full weekend of October (the Man will be in Miami for my birthday so not doing anything for it. My birthday weekend will be in November with one of my girl friends - no boys allowed)

• Like 6

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

9/4 - 268

9/11 - 263

First time ever 5 lb lost in 1 week in PVP! I'm shocked even when eating out at Texas Roadhouse on Friday for the first time and just being mindful around the bread and giant fried  onion (plus taking leftovers home and finding how to count it part of my day... was interesting). 

This is my first time in years at 265, and found out when using MyFitnessPal that my first weigh in was Oct 2016 at 260. If I get into the 250s I will be at my NF starting weight... 

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 4

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Starting Weight: 231

9/11- 230.3 

This is a good start. I lost the weight I gained over the holiday and I'm ready to stay on track for a while. I want to leave 230 behind forever. 

I still think of us as Pirates. ?‍☠️ arrr. 

Arrrr!  That's a great start!  It always feel so good to lose vacation weight. 

2 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

Starting weight: 92.4 kg / 203.6 lbs

10/09: 92.95 kg / 204.9 lbs (+0.55 / +1.3)

Oops.

Then it's obviously water retention!  Good luck this week! 

53 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

You're killing it! 

23 minutes ago, Darciana said:

Not a great way to start off. We just got back from a night away at a concert and it was hot. Over 100F and no A/C to cool off in or easy access to enough water for me to replenish. On top of all that, hormonal bloat hit suddenly with something to prove. Ouch. Hopefully, though, it'll drop off quickly. Bad news is that we have a football game Friday (my Alma Mater - first time seeing them play since I was a student nearly 10 years ago! That seems so crazy it's been that long) and then our friends are throwing a little party to start off football season (they didn't this week because their son just had surgery so they decided week 2 will be close enough haha) on Sunday.

I have a mini-goal of seeing the 140s by my birthday (9 Oct) so I'm hoping to be on my absolute best behavior over this next month. This coming weekend should be the last one with any big events going on for me until the 2nd full weekend of October (the Man will be in Miami for my birthday so not doing anything for it. My birthday weekend will be in November with one of my girl friends - no boys allowed)

Good luck with the birthday goal.  It seems totally achievable!  

20 minutes ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

9/4 - 268

9/11 - 263

First time ever 5 lb lost in 1 week in PVP! I'm shocked even when eating out at Texas Roadhouse on Friday for the first time and just being mindful around the bread and giant fried  onion (plus taking leftovers home and finding how to count it part of my day... was interesting). 

This is my first time in years at 265, and found out when using MyFitnessPal that my first weigh in was Oct 2016 at 260. If I get into the 250s I will be at my NF starting weight... 

Great job! 

• Like 5

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Starting Weight 271.2

9/11: 269.7 (down 1.5)

I broke down and weighed in late last week.  I was happy to see that my weight was exactly as it was before I left for my trip and ate all the fair foods on a stick (and then some).  I would love to be back in the 250's so my goal is 12 pounds.   

I have 3 obstacles this week - movie night (we usually order dinner at the theater), a visitation for a death in DDGs family (it will disrupt dinner and might end up eating out with family), and then a soccer game Friday (usually means concession stand dinner).   I'll have to be extra good the rest of the time.  Someone brought in a triple chocolate cake to work today.  My plan is to ignore it.  ?

• Like 7

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Hello friends!  I am jumping in again.  I'm going to set my goal at 10lbs, even though I haven't even managed to lose 5 over the course of one of these, because I really need to step up my efforts in the weight loss department.  Tried to buy a sewing pattern over the weekend and the largest size the store had was 2 inches too small for my waist.  The size that matched my hip and bust measurements had a waist measurement 4 inches smaller than my waist.  I am so very done with my waist being so out of proportion to the rest of me. :(

I will fill out the spreadsheet later today, and be back with my starting measurement and hopefully a plan.

• Like 7

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

Week 1: 219.9

I'm beginning water and salt loading for my final competition of the year. I need to be 216 on Saturday morning. 

Next week starts maintenance mode for my bodyweight and I'm excited my for my additional calories. 

9 hours ago, Shello said:

Someone brought in a triple chocolate cake to work today.  My plan is to ignore it.  ?

I don't miss coworkers being able to sabotage my diet.

• Like 5

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

OK, here's my first weigh in and plan.

9/11: 172.5

Plan: still slightly fuzzy, and probably not going to actually be able to start it until next week because lots of planning will be required, but...I'm going to either try to follow the 90 Day Journey diet plan or the Mediterranean diet-ish Flat Belly Diet if I can find the book. Or maybe I'll end up with some weird amalgam of the 2.  I am going to start with 1200 calories/day and when that proves itself to not be enough to sustain being an athlete, I will aim to get the additional calories I need from produce.

• Like 6

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

20 hours ago, Shello said:

Someone brought in a triple chocolate cake to work today.  My plan is to ignore it.  ?

I feel this... Just hope you were not stuck in the same room with this cake. I've had that a few times. 

17 hours ago, Elennare said:

I'm going to set my goal at 10lbs, even though I haven't even managed to lose 5 over the course of one of these, because I really need to step up my efforts in the weight loss department.

I feel you on this, hope you can have the momentum you needed to crush your goals!

11 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

I'm beginning water and salt loading for my final competition of the year. I need to be 216 on Saturday morning. 

Good luck on getting to your goal and doing well at the competition!

2 hours ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Good luck on getting to your goal and doing well at the competition!

Thanks. I hate weight cutting but this process is a lot more comfortable than I was taught in high school. The competition should be interesting. It looks like my opponent backed out so I don't know who I'll get assigned.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

I feel this... Just hope you were not stuck in the same room with this cake. I've had that a few times. 

It's an open office so everything is in the same room.  I ignored that cake for a good long while, but everyone else was talking about it.  I swapped out my after lunch chocolate for a hefty sliver of cake.   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Shello said:

It's an open office so everything is in the same room.  I ignored that cake for a good long while, but everyone else was talking about it.  I swapped out my after lunch chocolate for a hefty sliver of cake.   

how was it? Sometimes it's so nice to loosen the reins and feel like I got a treat, sometimes the treat sucks and I feel like I screwed myself over. 

• Like 2

Starting Weight:  246.9 lbs

09-16:  238.8 lbs

3.4 lbs lost this week, 8.1 total so far!  I've adjusted my calorie targets up slightly to keep from under-eating, but I'm staying aggressive with weight loss.  Calorie counting has always worked well for me, and it's not overly cumbersome.  Usually I can calculate whatever my wife has made for dinner pretty quickly in MFP and then assemble a dinner for tonight and a lunch for tomorrow that puts me right on track.  My daily breakfast is a single Dr Pepper. :D  For exercise I've just been doing some mobility and bodyweight strength stuff focused on my core, glutes, and hip flexors a couple times per week.

I've been wanting to build a new set of golf clubs, and I think that might be the perfect reward for hitting this first weight target.  There are also a few shirts I want, but I think those are better saved for later when I'm nearer to my actual goal weight.  As I get closer to 220 I'm probably going to start thinking about getting back under some barbells.  I miss lifting, but I don't miss waiting for gear at the gym.  Eventually I'll have my own rack at home, but that has to wait for another kid to move out.  :lol:

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 2

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?