Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks! HOLIDAY BONUS EDITION [September 11-November 27, 2023] [With December Holiday Bonus Weeks]

On 9/13/2023 at 8:41 AM, The Most Loathed said:

how was it? Sometimes it's so nice to loosen the reins and feel like I got a treat, sometimes the treat sucks and I feel like I screwed myself over. 

It was a triple chocolate bundt cake and worth every bite.  A lot of times I guage treats by whether the calories are worth it.  Like store bought cookies; they often look good and I"ll get the urge, but they are rarely worth it.  

12 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Starting Weight:  246.9 lbs

09-09:  242.2 lbs

09-16:  238.8 lbs

3.4 lbs lost this week, 8.1 total so far!  I've adjusted my calorie targets up slightly to keep from under-eating, but I'm staying aggressive with weight loss.  Calorie counting has always worked well for me, and it's not overly cumbersome.  Usually I can calculate whatever my wife has made for dinner pretty quickly in MFP and then assemble a dinner for tonight and a lunch for tomorrow that puts me right on track.  My daily breakfast is a single Dr Pepper. :D  For exercise I've just been doing some mobility and bodyweight strength stuff focused on my core, glutes, and hip flexors a couple times per week.

I've been wanting to build a new set of golf clubs, and I think that might be the perfect reward for hitting this first weight target.  There are also a few shirts I want, but I think those are better saved for later when I'm nearer to my actual goal weight.  As I get closer to 220 I'm probably going to start thinking about getting back under some barbells.  I miss lifting, but I don't miss waiting for gear at the gym.  Eventually I'll have my own rack at home, but that has to wait for another kid to move out.  :lol:

I'd love to put together my own home gym too.  I'm waiting for the next house.  I suppose I could make it work in this one now that kids are mostly gone but then I'd have to move it all.  You are killing it!  May your momentum last as long as possible!

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Starting weight: 92.4 kg / 203.6 lbs
10/09: 92.95 kg / 204.9 lbs
18/09: 93.95 kg / 207.1 lbs (+1.0 / +2.2)

Not the brightest idea of doing a weigh-in after a weekend with heavy eating.
It's now starting to resemble that joke: "I want to lose 10 pounds this year. Only 13 more to go!"  ?

• Like 5

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

58 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

It's now starting to resemble that joke: "I want to lose 10 pounds this year. Only 13 more to go!"  ?

A weekend of heavy eating will mess up your Monday weigh-in, and you're also busy as all heck. It's natural to see an increase after a big change in your schedule, but I predict you'll probably see a significant drop soon as your body catches up to running the kids around all day :D 

• Like 1

Starting Weight: 231

9/11- 230.3 

9/18- 227.3

A nice drop this week thanks to having my period and losing all the bloat. 

also read this article about breaking past plateaus  and this endocrinologists says basically to keep calories consistent and get more active.  I really needed that reminder. I feel like I lose sight of consistency often and I want the quickest path to my goal. That's why I like this group, I have this reminder right up in the title of losing a pound a week, not reaching my total weight loss goal in a month :D And it's working better for me than those drastic weight loss attempts, I haven't weighed this little since 2013, so I really appreciate the support of this group and especially the healthy mind-set of it as well. 

• Like 5

9/11: 172.5

9/18: 172.0

Down half a pound!  Not entirely sure how I pulled that off, but I have some guesses.  Likely a combination of just eating less all week because my belly was a bit off and the increased activity from derby starting up again.

I had a sudden change of plans part way through the week, so ended up really busy and didn't get my eating plan together.  Aiming to make that happen in the next couple of days.

• Like 4

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

3 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

That's why I do mine first thing on Saturday mornings--it's the most consistent time of the week for me.  Sunday/Monday weigh-ins are all kinds of skewed by big meals, unintended fasts, high-intensity activities, mild dehydration and/or constipation, etc.

• Like 2

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

1 minute ago, DrFeelgood said:

That's why I do mine first thing on Saturday mornings--it's the most consistent time of the week for me.  Sunday/Monday weigh-ins are all kinds of skewed by big meals, unintended fasts, high-intensity activities, mild dehydration and/or constipation, etc.

That would normally be the most consistent time for me as well, but with the kids' football matches, I have had to get up *earlier* on Saturday mornings than on working weekdays in recent weeks. Puts my mood into all kinds of grumpiness and stepping on a scale just doesn't pop into my head then... ??

• Like 3

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

Starting Weight 76.2

9/11: 74.9

9/18: 75.6

Food hasn't been great this past week pushing me back up above 75.  I need to keep things locked down this week before this gets out of control.

• Like 3
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

2 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

I have had to get up *earlier* on Saturday mornings than on working weekdays in recent weeks. Puts my mood into all kinds of grumpiness and stepping on a scale just doesn't pop into my head then..

I feel that--Sundays are that way for me with worship-band duties, which is precisely why I quit doing weigh-ins on Sundays. ?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Elennare said:

9/11: 172.5

9/18: 172.0

Down half a pound!  Not entirely sure how I pulled that off, but I have some guesses.  Likely a combination of just eating less all week because my belly was a bit off and the increased activity from derby starting up again.

I had a sudden change of plans part way through the week, so ended up really busy and didn't get my eating plan together.  Aiming to make that happen in the next couple of days.

Woot woot! I'm so happy for you! I'm sorry your belly was off this week though. I hope you're feeling better

• Like 1

I had a weight cut last week so my weight is a pretty unreliable metric right now but I'm in the ballpark. Today I begin maintenance on my bodyweight. I've never tracked and tried to maintain a weight over months in the way I plan to so this should be interestting.

Goal: 220 - 222 average each week

9/11: 219.9

09/18: 220.7

CleanShot2023-09-18at09_48_32.png.6808a261f6ac8413d880d1840c675c2a.png

• Like 4

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

19 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

I had a weight cut last week so my weight is a pretty unreliable metric right now but I'm in the ballpark. Today I begin maintenance on my bodyweight. I've never tracked and tried to maintain a weight over months in the way I plan to so this should be interestting.

Goal: 220 - 222 average each week

9/11: 219.9

09/18: 220.7

CleanShot2023-09-18at09_48_32.png.6808a261f6ac8413d880d1840c675c2a.png

This is exciting! I like that you have a range  of weight to work within too, because bodies are weird :D 

09/11 - 153.9

09/18 - 155.1

09/25

10/02

10/09 (birthday weigh in!)

10/16

10/23

10/30

11/06

11/13

11/20

11/27

12/04

12/11

12/18

12/25

01/01

No, I'm going backwards! I knew this would be a terrible weigh in. Football game Friday, friends got a babysitter and wanted to go out Saturday, and then football get together Sunday. I'm behind on water and healthy eating by a lot.

Other than tonight, which will likely be fast food as we have training for the fire department and will have to leave as soon as we get off work if we want to make it in time, we're home for the next couple weeks (unless something unexpected comes up these next 2 weekends) so I'm hoping I can stick to routine and healthy habits for awhile before our next overnight disruption. I started running in preparation for an upcoming 5k mid-November and I'm keeping up with my kettlebell/bodyweight strength training as well. Hoping to see this weight drop by next week, though, since at least some of it is water retention and sticking to my healthy habits should drop any actual gain. Still aiming to be in the 140s by my birthday.

• Like 2

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

3 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

also read this article about breaking past plateaus  and this endocrinologists says basically to keep calories consistent and get more active.  I really needed that reminder. I feel like I lose sight of consistency often and I want the quickest path to my goal. That's why I like this group, I have this reminder right up in the title of losing a pound a week, not reaching my total weight loss goal in a month :D And it's working better for me than those drastic weight loss attempts, I haven't weighed this little since 2013, so I really appreciate the support of this group and especially the healthy mind-set of it as well. 

I've been working on shifting my mindset in a similar way.  I just need to aim for 1 stinking pound at a time, not the whole thing.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting Weight 271.2

9/11: 269.7 (down 1.5)

9/18: 270.4 (up 0.7)

Well heck.  I weighed in Sunday just for funsies and I was down to 268.6.  I did not gain 1.8 since yesterday!  But maybe Sunday's weigh in was the anomaly.  We had just gone out for pizza Saturday night.  I did pretty well on portions for the pizza but the cheese fries!  I was super pleased with the unexpected results Sunday morning but now I'm not sure which weigh in is more accurate.   The calculated average on my spreadsheet says 269.1.  Time will tell.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

Starting weight: 165.6

9/19: 163.6 (-2.0)

I categorically refused to report my weight yesterday (165.8), since I knew it was inflated due to my cycle.  Pretty happy with this morning's numbers though!  I've lost all I had gained over vacation, plus half a pound. 

That was smart to wait a day! Todays numbers are great!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shello said:

Starting Weight 271.2

9/11: 269.7 (down 1.5)

9/18: 270.4 (up 0.7)

Well heck.  I weighed in Sunday just for funsies and I was down to 268.6.  I did not gain 1.8 since yesterday!  But maybe Sunday's weigh in was the anomaly.  We had just gone out for pizza Saturday night.  I did pretty well on portions for the pizza but the cheese fries!  I was super pleased with the unexpected results Sunday morning but now I'm not sure which weigh in is more accurate.   The calculated average on my spreadsheet says 269.1.  Time will tell.  

I imagine you’ll see a happy drop for next week once the salty cheesy deliciousness leaves your body 

3 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I imagine you’ll see a happy drop for next week once the salty cheesy deliciousness leaves your body 

DDG and I were talking and evidently we had pizza for dinner 5 nights last week!    Some were planned - shared a thin crust pizza at the movie theater and two nights of dinner at the game meant 2 slices of Godfather's pizza.  But then DDG suggested we go out and try a new pizza place ( He never asks for anything and I didn't have the heart to say no) and then Sunday I was too tired to batch cook so we had Totino's.  None of them were overboard but I'm sure that had an impact.  This week will be better.   

• Like 4

Starting Weight:  246.9 lbs

09-09:  242.2 lbs  (-4.7)

09-16:  238.8 lbs  (-3.4)

09-23:  237.7 lbs  (-1.1)

Another pound lost this week, I'll take it.  I had a rough start to this one--for the first few days my counting was accurate but I still felt like I was overeating, and by Wednesday morning I was up a pound.  I tightened it up for the remainder and managed to regain my momentum.  The coming week should be a good one!

I'm going to need a different reward than I was thinking about since a used set of golf irons popped up at a price I couldn't pass on and they're currently en route to Casa Feelgood.  :D

• Like 5

Starting Weight 76.2

9/11: 74.9

9/18: 75.6

9/25: 74.7

That number looks good in perspective, but it still quite a bump from where I was before the weekend.  I am already in holiday mode (the holidays here officially start Wednesday!) so this is probably the best I am going to see for a while.  Now I just need to try and somewhat control things for the next few months so as to not completely undo all the progress I have made over the last few.

• Like 5
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11