Forums are back in action! ×

Annoying comments you hear all the time

I have trouble sucking up the fact that people say one thing and do the another,

and that there are two different sets of rules sometimes, for that who obeys and for that who rules.

In personal relations as well as legal matters.

'Do as I say and not how I myself do'

I am doing that sometimes as well, but that does not make it right.

I want to rant about this, but suffice to say I am pretty pissed sometimes.

I mean, why?!

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

That angers me to a really, truly despairing degree, because that hypocrisy requires people to lie to themselves, AND KNOW they're lying to themselves. There's a level of willful lack of self awareness that makes me see red. 

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

So hard to get people to get the difference between "I train in MA" and "I'm a violent person" some days :( I get a lot of people who are like "Oh, you do/did karate? should I be scared?" :neglected:

some what related. Lots of ex jock looking guys try to crush my hand during a handshake (I have rather large shoulders and chest). One guy did it so often that I really squeezed back. He quit after that.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

some what related. Lots of ex jock looking guys try to crush my hand during a handshake (I have rather large shoulders and chest). One guy did it so often that I really squeezed back. He quit after that.

That bothers me to no end.  A handshake should be firm but not crushing.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

My tiny height stop that from happening very often.

However, when someone tried, they'd found out my hands are too flexible. They ended up freaking out when they folded my hand almost in half and I am still smiling pleasantly at them.

Thai traditional dance FTW.

kmar1208114.jpg

PS. This is a girl's hand. It's just hard to find a guy's hand in Thai dance on the internet, but as a kid, we all learned this move.

• Like 1

My wife has those crazy flexible hands; I by no means try and crush her hands, but when we are joking/playing around and I try and hold on to her hand and drag her over? That folding in half smishy feeling!? *cringes and shivers* She laughs every time I cringe. :)

My wife also loves Thai dance, as a side note; and here I am trying to pull that hand gesture off at work and my co-worker looks at me with a confused looked. "Just reaffirming my lack of coordination" I grumble-cakes at them. :)

• Like 3

-Purple_Panda

Yeah, my hands are rigid and do not fold at all. Which means I can't clean jars well

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

On the hole my husband is very supportive, but when out and about and we see overweight people he tends to say things like "lose weight, fatty!" And "wow, someone needs to stop eating."

My father, as well, makes comments. Now, there is barely anyone on his side of the family who is in great health. They are all predisposed to being overweight with a myriad of health issues. But I digress. Last year at our family reunion he says to me "Holy crap, what happened to you?! Where did all that weight come from? You really let yourself go!"

My mother-in-law just recently asked if I was pregnant again in a not so civilised manner. "Is it a boy, or a girl?"

• Like 1

On the hole my husband is very supportive, but when out and about and we see overweight people he tends to say things like "lose weight, fatty!" And "wow, someone needs to stop eating." 

I dont want to tell you your business, but this sounds like the opposite of being supportive.

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

No offense but according to your sig you're a lesbian. What would you know about husbands and how they should act?

first of all, your comment wasn't even aimed at me but i took offense from it. secondly, the role of a significant other isn't determined on if they're male or female and your post is dripping with ignorance.

• Like 7

Level 2 Wood Elf, Adventuring for Ranger status

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 1.75 | CON 1.75 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

71.6%
71.6%

> 65kg

0%
0%

100 days crisp free

No offense but according to your sig you're a lesbian. What would you know about husbands and how they should act?

What does this comment ever have to do with anything. I don't know if you've noticed that this is a forum where we keep things civil. And smart, and nice....

I was not going to comment on this since it will only risk spreading it out to something nasty. But I am far to pissed off not to actually. 

This is nothing personal, I am assuming that I am somehow miss-interpreting your intentions(this happens far too often online). So can we please refer from comments on these lines? 

• Like 5

Lincarte - Level 3 - Dwarf Warrior 

Str: 7 | Dex: 1 | Sta: 3 | Con: 6 | Wis: 3 | Cha: 5

Squat - 120(~265 lb.) | Bench - 95(~209lb.) | Deadlift - 190(~419 lb.) | Total: 405(~893 lb.)

PvP:The 800 club - Daily Battle Log - #3, #2, #1

I agree. The comment made is pretty offensive. The idea that a person who finds same sex relationships more attractive has no clueabout being supportive influence in someone elses life is just as ignorant as the aforemention comments about health, food. And lifestyle changes.

As for my post...The hubby is a good guy. He really is. But he is missing a filter aomewhere in his brain, I think,that makes him stop and contemplate what he says before he says it. He has never called me fat, or anything like that. For him, I am worlds above other people and therefore not even in the same category as so many other overweight/unhealthy people out there. Every loss is celebrated with him. If I lose my motivation he helps me find it again.

• Like 6

1. Saying "no offense" doesn't make your (honestly rather bigoted) comment any less offensive.

2. Queer =/= lesbian. I'd identify as definitely being on the queer end of the spectrum and I'm a woman married to a man.

3. Whether you're in a gay, straight, poly, monogamous, legal, informal or any wibbly-wobbly variations of a relationship, whether someone is being supportive or not doesn't change.

• Like 11

I agree. The comment made is pretty offensive. The idea that a person who finds same sex relationships more attractive has no clueabout being supportive influence in someone elses life is just as ignorant as the aforemention comments about health, food. And lifestyle changes.

As for my post...The hubby is a good guy. He really is. But he is missing a filter aomewhere in his brain, I think,that makes him stop and contemplate what he says before he says it. He has never called me fat, or anything like that. For him, I am worlds above other people and therefore not even in the same category as so many other overweight/unhealthy people out there. Every loss is celebrated with him. If I lose my motivation he helps me find it again.

I kind of understand what you husband was coming from. 

I was kind of like that. I try to be supportive to my friends, peers, gf, but sometimes I thought that a self-deprecating joke/ making fun of strangers who weren't them were not hurting anyone. I'd play to joke that I am fat (a lil chubby) when my friends who were more overweight than me were around, for example. Or made fun of overly obese people on TV.

My Muay Thai Instructor set me straight on this with a dead look in the eye saying. 'Stop being so offensive' when we hung out and I played the 'I am fat' joke. 

I have a lot to learn, so this is another one. Maybe if you told him that he was hurting you, he'd change this behavior? 

• Like 4

whenever you feel the need to preface something with "no offense" that generally means that it is indeed offensive and you probably shouldn't say it

• Like 5

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move