Whats your type?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your type?

• Guardian (ESTJ, ISTJ, ESFJ, ISTJ)
    • Artisan (ESTP, ISTP, ESFP, ISFP)
    • Idealist (ENFJ, INFJ, ENFP, INFP)
    • Rational (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)

I'll just leave this right here.

Personality Page has pretty good explanations of all the types.

Like I said before, it's a nice analogy for understanding behavior. Some people take it to extremes, i.e. "I'll only hire an ENTJ for my team lead" which is nonsense. For most of us it's just an interesting insight.

woah, feels like someone wrote an essay about me.....

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

ESTP

Extravert(22%)  Sensing(62%)  Thinking(1%)  Perceiving(33)%

• You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (22%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Sensing over Intuition (62%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
  • You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (33%)

Level: 2 Celt Adventurer

Str: 3 Dex: 2 Sta: 2 Con: 4.25 Wis: 4.75 Cha: 4

Challenges: 1 / 2

ESFP

Extravert(89%)  Sensing(38%)  Feeling(81%)  Perceiving(67)%

• You have strong preference of Extraversion over Introversion (89%)
  • You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (38%)
  • You have strong preference of Feeling over Thinking (81%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Perceiving over Judging (67%)

Level 5 Idiot Assassin 

STR: 22   DEX: 11  STA: 14  CON: 10  WIS: 0  CHA: 14

Meeh personality tests are stupid. I took the test twice, focusing on different parts of my personality each time just to prove a point. Here's one side: 

INTP
Introvert(33%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Thinking(12%)  Perceiving(56)%
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (56%)

And here's the other:

ESFP
Extravert(11%)  Sensing(1%)  Feeling(62%)  Perceiving(78)%
  • You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (11%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
  • You have strong preference of Perceiving over Judging (78%)

Bracketing people is not a good thing.

I find the MBTI most useful in understanding and getting along with other people. In our family we have three ESTJs, one ISTJ and then my little sister who is an INFJ. When we all first took the test, it helped us to understand that she was not just "weird", "overly emotional" or "illogical" but simply very different from the rest of us. It also helps me to identify situation in my life where I may need to try a bit harder than someone of personality type. For example I need to make a conscious effort to be show empathy towards people who are going through tough times and I need to remind myself to let other speak up in group situations. If people use their MBTI type to defend or excuse defects in their character ("Oh well that's just the way I am") then that is not a good thing. 

I do think the most accurate way of figuring out your "type" is actually to read about each element (E/I, S/N, T/F and J/P) and pick the one that best matches yourself. After all, in general you understand yourself better than anyone else, and the quizzes can be a bit odd sometimes. 

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

"I see the girl running, with no shoes on her feet, jumping shade to shadow, in this deafening heat." - Passenger 

I'm an engineer.

INFP
Introvert(22%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Feeling(25%)  Perceiving(11)%
  • You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (22%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

I actually think a good engineer should usually have a balance of feeling and thinking, should follow gut instinct but monitor and be aware. If not you're probably a scientist doing an engineering job. I work with a lot of scientists doing an engineering job which is how I come to this. Engineering isn't always about rational. Line up all inputs, losses and outputs, measure everything, control everything and you'll still need some percussive maintenance to get the damn thing to work properly.

Engineers, rational? Yes, in balance.

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2

Can't speak to engineering, but I'm in the military, which is extremely SJ heavy. That makes for an very traditional organization which resists change. As an ENTP it is a challenge since I'm always looking to innovate and don't value tradition for its own sake. That doesn't make me incompatible with my job, it just drives me to explore other aspects of my career.

Ok admittedly when I read the descriptions both of them rang true in many respects. Maybe I'm just weird. :)

If it's part of a discussion I can kind of see its use. But say as part of an employment process, now that's just stupid. There's more than 16 types of people in the world!

I wouldn't say weird. You're just more multi-faceted than the norm.

ISFJ
Introvert(56%) Sensing(1%) Feeling(12%) Judging(67%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
  • You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

I have come out as INTJ before, and even ENTJ once.

I am a little ball of contradictions.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Ok admittedly when I read the descriptions both of them rang true in many respects. Maybe I'm just weird. :)

If it's part of a discussion I can kind of see its use. But say as part of an employment process, now that's just stupid. There's more than 16 types of people in the world!

Rather than saying "ENTJs are the best leaders therefore I will only hire an ENTJ to lead my sales team..." as a foolish employer might do, it would be more correct to say "ENTJs can make effective leaders when they use x skilss, while ENTPs can be effective leaders when they use y skills" (for example). It isn't that one type is better than another at a given task. It's that given the same task two types may be equally successful, but through very different means, using very different thought processes and methods. In that sense, it shouldn't be a tool used by employers to find the best people, but by individuals trying to identify the best way for themselves to approach a task.

I'm an engineer.

INFP
Introvert(22%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Feeling(25%)  Perceiving(11)%
  • You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (22%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

I actually think a good engineer should usually have a balance of feeling and thinking, should follow gut instinct but monitor and be aware. If not you're probably a scientist doing an engineering job. I work with a lot of scientists doing an engineering job which is how I come to this. Engineering isn't always about rational. Line up all inputs, losses and outputs, measure everything, control everything and you'll still need some percussive maintenance to get the damn thing to work properly.

Engineers, rational? Yes, in balance.

Absolutely.  I'm an engineer, and one of my pet peeves with people is when folks don't filter ideas through "will it work/does it make sense" filter - whether it's coming up with unnecessarily complex(while not impossible) explanations for simple problems, or general over-concern with minutae.  A good engineer needs to be able to think through the theory/fundamentals, but simultaneously screen ideas based on practical experience and make priority calls.

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

INTJ.

Interesting. I feel like this is the same score I got back when I did it in highschool, but that was a loooong time ago so I only sort of remember. I read a more in-depth description here and it's fairly spot on. Like a lot of these things, there's wiggle room, but I was surprised how much is resonated with me.

The one thing I didn't full agree with was "Anyone who does not have enough talent or simply does not see the point, including the higher ranks of management, will immediately and likely permanently lose their respect.", though it might be partly because I'm not 100% sure I understand that statement. It seems to imply that if someone doesn't agree with you ('does not see the point'), you lose respect for them. This isn't the case with me, I actually value disagreement since it forces me to look at things differently. That said, I definitely don't automatically respect those of a higher 'rank' than me, but I also don't permanently lose respect for anyone. But once I've lost it, it takes A LOT for the person to earn it back.

Dare mighty things

INTJ.

Interesting. I feel like this is the same score I got back when I did it in highschool, but that was a loooong time ago so I only sort of remember. I read a more in-depth description here and it's fairly spot on. Like a lot of these things, there's wiggle room, but I was surprised how much is resonated with me.

The one thing I didn't full agree with was "Anyone who does not have enough talent or simply does not see the point, including the higher ranks of management, will immediately and likely permanently lose their respect.", though it might be partly because I'm not 100% sure I understand that statement. It seems to imply that if someone doesn't agree with you ('does not see the point'), you lose respect for them. This isn't the case with me, I actually value disagreement since it forces me to look at things differently. That said, I definitely don't automatically respect those of a higher 'rank' than me, but I also don't permanently lose respect for anyone. But once I've lost it, it takes A LOT for the person to earn it back.

I think it's saying that INTJs respect credibility and the quickest way to lose their respect is to be incompetent.

I think it's saying that INTJs respect credibility and the quickest way to lose their respect is to be incompetent.

Mmm, yes, that'd be true for me, though it's less about being incompetent than about being incompetent and not admitting it. I know plenty of people who are not good at something and freely admit it, and I respect them for that, and am more than willing to help them if it happens to be something I'm good at. I also know plenty of others who think they're god's gift to _______, but really couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag, and I have little respect for them, more for the lack of self-honesty than for the incompetence itself, and have no real desire to help them out. Though I suppose, in a way, that lack of self-knowledge/self-honesty is an incompetence in and of itself...

None of it's permanent, though, they might just have an epiphany someday and finally admit they're bad at life, then I'd respect them a lot more.

Dare mighty things

INTJ
Introvert(78%)  iNtuitive(100%)  Thinking(62%)  Judging(17%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
  • You have strong preference of Intuition over Sensing (100%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (17%)

I have taken this test many times in my life and I have gotten INTJ repeatedly.

Every personality type has many weak spots and INTJs are not an exception. There is one area where their brilliant mind often becomes completely useless and may even hinder their efforts – INTJs find it very difficult to handle romantic relationships, especially in their earliest stages. People with this personality type are more than capable of loving and taking care of the people close to them, but they are likely to be completely clueless when it comes to attracting a partner.

Indeed. Relationships: The Achilles heel. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I fit both an INTJ and INTP depending on how moody I am that day. LOL! It just means you are pretty balanced I think, considering that yours were almost totally opposite of eachother. Although the science behind this is partially debated anyway...but I have gotten the same results every time except one for about eh 20 years. LOL!

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

ENFJ

Extravert(22%) iNtuitive(75%) Feeling(25%) Judging(44%)

I've taken various versions of this test and and usually get INTJ, but it's been a few years and I have gotten a little more outgoing so I'm assuming my asnwers have changed more so than the way the different tests read me.  It does say it's only a slight preference of E over I so I guess I'm pretty in the middle.   My moderate preference of feeling over thinking kind of surprises me, especially after usually getting T in the past, but I can see myself as both as well after some reading.

ENFJ
Extravert(1%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Feeling(25%)  Judging(56%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

Last time I took one of these, I was 13-14 years old. I scored as an INTP.....taking it again, at this point ~20 years later, all but one changed. I'm now part of 2-5% of the population, and according to some, I'm in the company of:

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Nelson Mandela
Pope John Paul II
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Ronald Reagan
Joe Biden
Tony Blair
Michael Moore

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Well actually, the test should be done and discussed with a certified person, he will be able to ask questions that will give precisely your MBTI type.

That said, you have to know that a type evolves with time, and also it is only a preference...

Depending on the context we can learn to develop new ways to act, like at work or in society. A preference means that i easier to do, faster without effort.. not the only way to do it...

The MBTI indicator (not really test), give a direction not a law, that will help to interact and understand others, BUT we can not make it be an absolute rule... Individuality , personal history is still an important part of each one, and we have to be careful of stereotypes...

Stereotypes help to understand faster environment, but also make us be superficial in the analysis.

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

Mmm, yes, that'd be true for me, though it's less about being incompetent than about being incompetent and not admitting it. I know plenty of people who are not good at something and freely admit it, and I respect them for that, and am more than willing to help them if it happens to be something I'm good at. I also know plenty of others who think they're god's gift to _______, but really couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag, and I have little respect for them, more for the lack of self-honesty than for the incompetence itself, and have no real desire to help them out. Though I suppose, in a way, that lack of self-knowledge/self-honesty is an incompetence in and of itself...

None of it's permanent, though, they might just have an epiphany someday and finally admit they're bad at life, then I'd respect them a lot more.

I don't mind if people struggle to understand something or are not very good at something they make a real effort at, I will usually help them out, I don't see that as incompetent.

I do tend to lose respect for someone that either can't be bothered to try to understand something that I think they could get if they made the effort, or worse they say they know/understand it and really they don't (and they know they don't).

I'm also an INTJ, seems we have a similar opinion, who'd have guessed? :)

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I don't mind if people struggle to understand something or are not very good at something they make a real effort at, I will usually help them out, I don't see that as incompetent.

I do tend to lose respect for someone that either can't be bothered to try to understand something that I think they could get if they made the effort, or worse they say they know/understand it and really they don't (and they know they don't).

I'm also an INTJ, seems we have a similar opinion, who'd have guessed? :)

It's interesting, apparently INTJ is, statistically, a very small percentage of the general population, something like 3% I think, but there seem to be quite a few of us here. I wonder if there's something about that particular combination that makes you more likely to have the qualities that get you categorized as 'nerd', or if it's just a case of it being noticeable because it's familiar to me and if I did the math it'd work out to be the same percentage as the general population...

Dare mighty things

It's interesting, apparently INTJ is, statistically, a very small percentage of the general population, something like 3% I think, but there seem to be quite a few of us here. I wonder if there's something about that particular combination that makes you more likely to have the qualities that get you categorized as 'nerd', or if it's just a case of it being noticeable because it's familiar to me and if I did the math it'd work out to be the same percentage as the general population...

I am not sure, but I believe that many "nerds" are INTJ/P just based on the Introverted Thinking but its obviously not representative of the whole "nerddom" here, only the coolest of the cool ;)

I will say that I believe INTJ/P are more likely to know their types just by being such seekers of self knowledge and therefore more apt to take a personality test to begin with. So its entirely possible that the 6% of the population represented by those two types are more highly represented on NF and this thread in particular.

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn