Forums are back in action! ×

MR_Willes "keeping-momentum" daily Battle-Log

Sounds like a really fun weekend. 

I'm just going to leave this here....

Spoiler

Highlights of this video

- Ewok village looks even better than last year. I can't wait to play on that again.

- High Jump *gulp*

- Slides, slides and more slides

- On course party!

- TARDIS!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

3 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

- High Jump *gulp*

7 meters

14wc.gif

Why does 7 meters sound a world more scary than 23 feet?

• Like 3

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

6 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

7 meters

14wc.gif

We were brainwashed to believe the metric system was terrifying?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 

1 minute ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Does that mean we're all going to jump off that 7 meter high board because fuck the metric system? Or from the 23feet high board because fuck the imperial system? I'm confused. We'll just jump, right? 

I think it's just my brain has an easier time comprehending how high 7 meters is more than 23 feet. 

23-feet that sounds cool

7 meters.... FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKK

see? 

• Haha 2

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

22 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Does that mean we're all going to jump off that 7 meter high board because fuck the metric system? Or from the 23feet high board because fuck the imperial system? I'm confused. We'll just jump, right? 

I think it's just my brain has an easier time comprehending how high 7 meters is more than 23 feet. 

23-feet that sounds cool

see? 

Fuck all the systems! We just jump! She says, trying to sound ballsy but will be a nervous wreck when she's up there.

Oh I really hope I can hold my nerve long enough to jump. Because the lower platform is less than 3 metres and that sounds.... Meh.

• Like 1

2020 Races: 

18 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Reveal hidden contents

Highlights of this video

- Ewok village looks even better than last year. I can't wait to play on that again.

- High Jump *gulp*

- On course party!

- TARDIS!

Thanx for the video, as you saw i posted it on FB. Wanted to let the people know what i will be doing in 2 weeks...

14 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

7 meters

14wc.gif

Does it?

14 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

No no, it's so much better!

14 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

23-feet that sounds cool

see? 

See bolded part!

13 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Fuck all the systems! We just jump! She says, trying to sound ballsy but will be a nervous wreck when she's up there.

Oh I really hope I can hold my nerve long enough to jump. Because the lower platform is less than 3 metres and that sounds.... Meh.

yeah that's only like 2 feet or sumtin...

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

If you guys ever get tired of the metric system, I know of a magical land where no one uses it...

Tired of metric system, my dear friend

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor just no gif

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

That sounds like a really awesome weekend!  

It was, it's one of the best weekends of the year!

• Like 4

... a little odd in the head ...

14 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Fuck all the systems and JUMP! I think if there ever were a place where my whole OCR philosophy of "don't think about it just do it" applied it's here. 

15 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

40 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

No no, it's so much better!

While I agree that the metric system is better. In the UK back in the 90s spurred on when they banned the imperial system from being used in shops (and the shitstorm that followed) there was a whole lot of propaganda about the imperial system and the evils of the metric system from various media outlets. 

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

If you guys ever get tired of the metric system, I know of a magical land where no one uses it...

Yeah but you guys don't really use the Imperial system either. So you still get it wrong! Now I am the person who simply doesn't care about it. I swap between units based primarily on who I'm talking to or what's easier for me to put down. I just have the advantage of understanding both systems relatively well but I'll tend to pick the metric system if I'm just doing something for myself. 

49 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

See bolded part!

It's a shame you're not going to be up there with the rest of us!  I'm fully intending on doing the jump but I can't lie the thought of a 7 meter jump scares me shitless! 

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

19 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Reveal hidden contents

Highlights of this video

- High Jump *gulp*

- On course party!

- TARDIS!

Oh my goodness, I just watched that and now I really, really want to go be there with you guys :(  That looks like SO.MUCH.FUN!!!

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

7 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Oh my goodness, I just watched that and now I really, really want to go be there with you guys :(  That looks like SO.MUCH.FUN!!!

No you understand why we are acting like a bunch of giddy hysterical school kids over it :P 

• Haha 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

Sorry about the work blues...

Looks like you had an amazing weekend! The boys and I built towers with raw spaghetti and marshmallows (that one photo where you used sticks and Styrofoam.) And that fire ... Oh man, one of these days we can make a nice fire like that to relax around, because it will be cold enough.

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

6 hours ago, PrincessMononoke said:

Because I find myself missing all the inappropriateness.....
giphy.webp

You are absolutely right my "Honey-from-another-sonny"!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor inappropriate scoring gif

We have to keep the inappropriateness going!!!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor inappropriate gift gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor inappropriate gift gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor nope gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sexually inappropriate gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sexually inappropriate gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor inappropriate present gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor schweet gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor under sheets gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor eating out gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor orgasm face gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bloody mouth gif

Cause it had to end as inappropriately as possible ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1-5-2018 at 10:07 AM, jonfirestar said:

Fuck all the systems and JUMP! I think if there ever were a place where my whole OCR philosophy of "don't think about it just do it" applied it's here. 

Exactly, i'm gonna be someone that runs to the ledge, to hard to stop, scream, jump, and the moment my feet stop having solid ground under it regret my decision!

It's a shame you're not going to be up there with the rest of us!  I'm fully intending on doing the jump but I can't lie the thought of a 7 meter jump scares me shitless! 

I really would have liked to do the obstacles with all of you guys, helping each other out, and just spend more time together. However, i'm also pretty glad i can run in the "nuts" wave with all the Mudstacles and DMM. And seeing our goal is about 2 hours apart, i don't know how that would work out.

On 1-5-2018 at 10:22 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Theoretically there is still time to make arrangements! And it would be a hoot and a half to do it.

But maybe a bit more realistically, i'm eyeballing a Sparta Spartan in 2019...

On 1-5-2018 at 10:30 AM, jonfirestar said:

No you understand why we are acting like a bunch of giddy hysterical school kids over it :P 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor giddy gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor giddy gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor giddy gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor giddy gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor giddy gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor giddy gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor giddy gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor giddy gifAfbeeldingsresultaat voor giddy gif

On 1-5-2018 at 8:37 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

Sorry about the work blues...

Looks like you had an amazing weekend! The boys and I built towers with raw spaghetti and marshmallows (that one photo where you used sticks and Styrofoam.) And that fire ... Oh man, one of these days we can make a nice fire like that to relax around, because it will be cold enough.

We actually build those towers with spaghetti and marshmallows at work once. The fire is one of the best things about the weekend, just having a good time, talking, and drinking round it is one of the best times i ever had!

• Like 3

I might have just left me name at GorillaFitness for a HSPU program...

If i get picked, they are gonna expect me to do a, 7-week-3-times-a-week-2-hour program. With mostly pushing pulling exercises, all beneftiing the HSPU movement.

I hope i get picked, seems like a good "overhaul of program" and added accountability!

• Like 2

Weekend was (as planned) pretty hard. I promised my mom to help out with her front garden. She is having it remodeled, but to cut costs she asked me to do the bulk work.

That's what happened. I did bulk work, luckily i had a little help. Basically all that had to happen was that we needed to dig out all that wasn't paved, by about 30cm. But seeing that it was 6.2m by 3.8m this meant that we were looking at getting 7m3 of dirt out, and bring back the same amount in good sand.

The removal process was done by hand. Filling wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow, and put them on a trailer, this way i transported 9 trailers which were loaded by a little over half a m3 every time. I started after i brought the kids to school on fridaymorning, so i was at my mom's at 9. Started right away, and still i took me till 8 in the evening till i got all the sand out. Thankfully my uncle came to help, though he was not that big of a help as i anticipated. He helped me fill the wheelbarrows, but i had to empty them all myself on the trailer, and i had to empty all the trailers alone by hand at another uncle. Still every help was appreciated, and in retrospect, i wouldn't have made it all in one day otherwise.

I had a planned a pokerevening with my friends in the evening and i was designated driver. But seeing i still had to move 2 trailers after dinner i texted them that they had to find someone else as i probably wasn't gonna make it on time. Right after that i sent out another groupmessage, asking that, if anyone was feeling bored, they could bring a shovel and come help at my mom's. One actually showed up, which made that i didn't had to do the last trailer all by myself (my uncle split before dinner) and i was home at a decent enough time for a well-deserved shower, and to join my friends at poker (and i actually dried everyone out that night).

Saturday, i started knowing that the hole i made also needed to be filled again. Thankfully my nephew told me i could borrow a tractor and tipping trailer to get all the sand back in. So i loaded the car-trailer full with old tiles and stuff to get that out of the way and picked up the tractor to get sand. They loaded it with 7m3 of yellow sand and i was off to my mom. I was a bit nervous as it has been 2 years since i ridden one of these things, and this was even a bit larger than the last one they gave me. And my mom lives in a small neighbourhood where there can barely fit 3 (european middle sized) cars next to each other on the road. Nevertheless i got the sand where i wanted it. Unfortunately this still meant i had a lot of cleaning up to do, as i think about 30% still was on the pavement and driveway. I cleaned all things up till the pavement and driveway was clean, than i called it a day.

I don't mind if i don't have to hold a shovel for a couple of weeks...  On the other hand, i feel great for helping my mom out, and seeing all the working out enabling me to get this much work done in this short amount of time!

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

She is having it remodeled, but to cut costs she asked me to do the bulk work.

Didn't you dig out rocks and stuff from her property a year or two ago? You did a lot of work then too! Is this a continuation from then or new garden work?

21 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I don't mind if i don't have to hold a shovel for a couple of weeks...  On the other hand, i feel great for helping my mom out, and seeing all the working out enabling me to get this much work done in this short amount of time!

Wow, I'm so impressed with what you managed to do! Seeing as I've had my share of filling wheelbarrows of soil, mixing concrete and filling holes, shallow trenches, I know just how hard you worked! :loyal: Well done, sir!

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

I'm tired just reading your garden work post. Functional fitness is the best kind of fitness though. Did you guys get a heatwave this weekend too?

And also

countdown GIF

emmy awards countdown GIF by Emmys

2020 Races: 

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good job helping your mom. I'm proud of you not just for helping her but for all the hard work you've been doing that empowered you to do so much hard work for her.

Thank you Tank!

30 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Didn't you dig out rocks and stuff from her property a year or two ago? You did a lot of work then too! Is this a continuation from then or new garden work?

Wow, I'm so impressed with what you managed to do! Seeing as I've had my share of filling wheelbarrows of soil, mixing concrete and filling holes, shallow trenches, I know just how hard you worked! :loyal: Well done, sir!

Yes, back then it was the backyard, now it's the frontyard. We count 13 wheelbarrows for every m3, seeing we did about 7 m3 it was about 91 wheelbarrows. Actually that wasn't the hardest part. It's work that keeps changing up, fill wheelbarrow, empty wheelbarrow. The unloading the trailer by hand was the hardest. IT's monotonous work, just have to keep chugging along.

Thank you for the compliment, especially coming from you, someone i think works really hard, is very flattering!

15 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

I'm tired just reading your garden work post. Functional fitness is the best kind of fitness though. Did you guys get a heatwave this weekend too?

And also

countdown GIF

emmy awards countdown GIF by Emmys

Not exactly a heatwave, just suddenly warm, i sunburned my arms and my neck. Well that's what you get for letting the IT-guy play outside for a whole day!

Yes! yes!! YES!!!, only a few more days and i will be joining you for a proper cup of tea!

• Like 3

On 5/8/2018 at 12:39 PM, Mr_Willes said:

Yes! yes!! YES!!!, only a few more days and i will be joining you for a proper cup of tea!

Shhh, @Charlie_Quinn, doesn't drink tea. I mean she's hardly British at all. Tut tut. ;) 

What are we at now, about 2 days exactly! Shit. 

• Haha 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Shhh, @Charlie_Quinn, doesn't drink tea. I mean she's hardly British at all. Tut tut. ;) 

What are we at now, about 2 days exactly! Shit. 

I'm never living the dislike of tea down am I? :D

I'm seriously clock watching this week. I can't wait for work to be over and the weekend to start.

princess fiona waiting GIF

• Haha 1

2020 Races: