Forums are back in action! ×

Battle Kitten: Ascension

Got my shit done and submitted an hour ago. I suck at cover letters but oh well. Now to cross my fingers until the end of the month. 

Currently I'm just waiting for the next 2.5 hours to pass. I'm exhausted and I cannot wait to faceplant in my bed. 

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I legit just freaked the fuck out because there was something in/on my ear ohgodwhy. 

...it was my earring. That I have had for 4 years and taken out for a total of maybe 20 days in that time. Go to bed, Flea.

• Like 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Guess who's getting siiiiiick. So not pleased. I've had a cough for days and today during a meeting I realized my ears and throat hurt. I had orange juice this morning, am eating lackluster chicken soup right now, and will do everything in my power to get homework done at work today so I can go to bed early. I can't afford to get sick right now, especially because I have that fucking class this weekend. Argh. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I don't know why my phone changed bed to "bedsore" in the previous post. Istg it makes shit up all the time. 

Rage moment: my supervisor keeps giving me tasks without explaining them OR giving examples, then sends them back like "great but can you change all of these things?" And then repeat several times. If you just fucking told me what to do the first time or answered my damn questions, I would do it right. But when you literally tell me "write a letter of regret bc this guy can't go to this event" with no other instruction, and then tell me AFTER "oh btw here's the format we use for these letters and also you're accepting the invitation for someone else even though the one guy isn't going," you're wasting everyone's fucking time. Jesus Christ. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

16 minutes ago, Owlet said:

Jeeeze that sounds frustrating. Some people are so terrible at giving instructions, I just don't understand how it can be so hard?! Good luck with the sickness! Hugs

She's super busy and has 8 million things to do so I kinda get forgetting to tell me things. But there's a difference between that and "I literally have no idea what you want from me."

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Is there really a paradise on this earth where supervisors DON'T do what you're describing??

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

NTB: youre right. I guess it's been so long since I had a real job that I just forgot. 

Woke up up slightly less sick today but still not 100%. I need to sleep for an entire year. 

Speaking of sleep, I just got an email saying I need to be at a different location tomorrow morning and earlier than I usually start work. Because there is yet another event no one bothered to tell me about. There better fucking be coffee.

In other news, I totally forgot I preordered Thug Kitchen's new cookbook and it comes out Tuesday! Which is super convenient. It's supposed to be all quick to put together meals and I absolutely need that right now. Probably still requires grocery shopping but now I'll have a reason for it. 

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 10/7/2016 at 3:35 AM, fleaball said:

There better fucking be coffee.

I'll say!! Was there? 

On 10/7/2016 at 3:35 AM, fleaball said:

In other news, I totally forgot I preordered Thug Kitchen's new cookbook and it comes out Tuesday! Which is super convenient. It's supposed to be all quick to put together meals and I absolutely need that right now. Probably still requires grocery shopping but now I'll have a reason for it. 

Oooh cool! Let us know how it goes, sounds great. 

Just now, Owlet said:

I'll say!! Was there? 

Oooh cool! Let us know how it goes, sounds great. 

There was coffee! And a quiche (boo for me, who cannot stand eggy things) and potatoes and parfait. The most soul-crushing realization ever: no breakfast event I work will ever include bacon. Because I'm on the Middle East team. Fucking womp.

Will totally share any recipes that look decent once it gets here.

• Like 7

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

In class. Have plague. So ready to go home. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Still plague-y. Still in class. Also convinced the financial aid office is trying to screw me over. x_x

Currently killing time in class while doing an activity. Unrelated to class stuff, I'm trying to brainstorm simple things I can work into my day to keep from going insane. (Beyond quitting school and sleeping all day.) Yay for being vaguely productive?

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

This class wasn't so bad bc today is a holiday so I don't have to go to work. I have another Halloween weekend that will suck bc I won't have a chance to decompress from it. But honestly sacrificing 3 weekends for 1-credit classes instead of taking a 3-credit class for 15 weeks totally works out. 

Ugh. I tried to sleep in today and I think I pushed it too hard and circled back to sleeping so much that I'm tired? Time for coffee. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Yuuuup. Financial aid office is trying to kill me. Apparently when you drop from full-time to part-time they kick you off the health insurance plan without telling you and you have to go re-enroll and it takes a week at least. So this plague needs to go away. 

Also I'm on campus scrambling to do homework and OF COURSE the friend who always talks about herself happens to walk in and all I'm hearing about right now is her life and problems. While literally paying no attention to her. She just keeps going on. 

In other news, I adulted and went to my prof's office hours to ask questions about the syllabus. Wound up explaining why I never participate (class moves too quickly, some people monopolize the conversation, etc) and she was like "yeah I really need to facilitate the class more and probably speak to some people privately about it" so yay. Good for me since participation is 30%. :x

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

Apparently when you drop from full-time to part-time they kick you off the health insurance plan without telling you and you have to go re-enroll and it takes a week at least. 

What the what? Ugh. Rude.

Also I'm on campus scrambling to do homework and OF COURSE the friend who always talks about herself happens to walk in and all I'm hearing about right now is her life and problems. While literally paying no attention to her. She just keeps going on. 

hahaha she sounds like she is actually crazy. You could just leave your jacket on your chair and walk away while she keeps talking to it. 

In other news, I adulted and went to my prof's office hours to ask questions about the syllabus. Wound up explaining why I never participate (class moves too quickly, some people monopolize the conversation, etc) and she was like "yeah I really need to facilitate the class more and probably speak to some people privately about it" so yay. Good for me since participation is 30%. :x

ooh nice one. Yeah I never participate in that kind of environment, it's impossible to get a word in and too overwhelming even if you could. Good to hear she seems open to changing the format. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Owlet said:

What the what? Ugh. Rude.

hahaha she sounds like she is actually crazy. You could just leave your jacket on your chair and walk away while she keeps talking to it. 

ooh nice one. Yeah I never participate in that kind of environment, it's impossible to get a word in and too overwhelming even if you could. Good to hear she seems open to changing the format. 

#murica. 

Honestly. I've got my headphones in with music on and my face shoved in a book and she's still talking? Ugh. But her class starts in half an hour, thank fuck.

yeah. I mean, I'm not super optimistic because this class is kind of a clusterfuck, but at least I've explained myself so that when she's grading she remembers that I'm trying? 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

2 hours ago, Owlet said:

Haha wow. Just wow. 

How's the plague?

I didn't wake up coughing up a lung, so there's that. :) I think it's almost gone, there's just that little bit that's lingering. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I can has health insurance. Whee. 

Also yay coming out. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I literally just ran to the bus and it pulled away as I got to the stop. Totally looked like a fool. Yay. 

That's my cardio for the month of October. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi