Forums are back in action! ×

I'm not lucky enough to have a pokestop next door, but there are four at my work (and four gyms!) so you know half the building is constantly playing. :lol: The joys of working in IT! :D:D:D

You can add me to  Team Instinct because lo, me and my coworkers are underdog sorts! ;) (Although there's enough yellow where I live that we're in control of the gyms at least part of the time...) We are lucky to have a good representation of all three colors at work, so the gyms trade back and forth constantly-- I've been putting in time trying to learn all the type offsets and how to dodge (apparently you can only dodge the secondary attacks?). We are lucky folks, eevees spawn almost as much as the rats and pigeons around here! :D

Now if only the servers would come back up so I can go to the city center's fountain tomorrow and farm my Gyarados. :lol:

• Like 2

Learning the art of Failing Upwards... (or: Moving Mountains with Teaspoons!)

www.Martha.net - Model Horses, Stories, Webcomics, Plaster Casting, Treadmill Gaming, etc... because you can never have too many hobbies!

3 hours ago, ixaera said:

My work has a pokestop within walking distance, but it's far enough I can only justify venturing over there once a work day on break (plus it's 100 degrees here anyway). BUT my office is full of pokemon at least! I catch about 8 a day at work.

I hate all of you...

Just fyi. :-)

On a side note, I got one of those nifty battery packs, so I can venture out for longer periods.

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I'm playing Pokemon (Team Mystic) as well as Ingress (and geocaching).  But the little tykes around me are advancing much more rapidly than I am.  Sign me "cannon fodder"!!!

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

7 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

I'm playing Pokemon (Team Mystic) as well as Ingress (and geocaching).  But the little tykes around me are advancing much more rapidly than I am.  Sign me "cannon fodder"!!!

I read up on Ingress, it actually sounds really badass. I had a friend that played it, but he didn't describe it to me all that well and it sounded boring as all get out.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

8 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

I'm playing all of those at once to :D Which Ingress team are you on? Resistance over here, only level 4 though. Pokemon has the advantage of having a game to play between the stops/gyms. I find Ingress a bit difficult as I have to either walk 2km to the park where there's a cluster of points, or travel into town.

1 hour ago, insanity said:

I read up on Ingress, it actually sounds really badass. I had a friend that played it, but he didn't describe it to me all that well and it sounded boring as all get out.

Ingress is pretty awesome. Especially if your local team is pretty active. I've been pretty lucky with my area that we have team meetups and plots that we hatch every now and again. And both sides are active here so it keeps things...interesting :D

The valiant never taste of death but once.

Battle Log:

100 Day Bench Press Challenge (64 Days)

Challenge: 1, 2

Estrix, level 1 Goblin Raider

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

It's officially in Canada now! Probably why the servers have been crap today lol

• Like 1

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

11 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It's officially in Canada now! Probably why the servers have been crap today lol

They weren't so bad for me... 

We had a bit of thunder roll through today, and all the teenage lifeguards put a lure on the pokestop by the neighborhood pool while the pool was required to be closed. 

I would have hung out there a while if it wouldn't have made me look suspicious >_> 

• Like 2

Level 2 Drow Ranger

I walk alone, but the shadows are company enough.

My local PokeStop I have to get eerily close to the Church in my neighboorhood and look like a creeper.

Work is on a hiking trail at one location and a fountain across the road at the other. Both are out of my range at work though. Probably a good thing...

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

1 hour ago, Ceasefire said:

My local PokeStop I have to get eerily close to the Church in my neighboorhood and look like a creeper.

I live in suburban Texas. Like.... every. single. church. is a gym or stop. 

2 minutes ago, Sarah Rose said:

the Pokemon were pretty sparse

They spawn based off cellular usage detection. So areas where lots of people are using their phones are going to be high pokemon areas. I caught like 20 while grocery shopping tonight. It was insane. 

• Like 2

Level 2 Drow Ranger

22 minutes ago, Traxex said:

They spawn based off cellular usage detection. So areas where lots of people are using their phones are going to be high pokemon areas. I caught like 20 while grocery shopping tonight. It was insane. 

Interesting! It'll be nice when I get back to the city then haha

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

Team mystic for me!

There's a pokestop literally 10 seconds from my house that I can't get! My home WiFi doesn't reach that far, and I can't get data signal. Rural village problems...

Level 19 Jedi/Assassin in-training. 

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not." - Uncle Iroh

Man I feel like it's unfair that I walk through Boston Common as part of my commute.  4 gyms, dozens of pokestops, and so many people set lure modules that you're tripping over pokemon when you walk through.

After work today I'm going to a spot where 2 pokestops intersect like a venn diagram.  I've got 2 lure modules and if you set both and run incense you can see 5-6 pokemon at a time.  I'll try and grab some screen shots so I can brag properly.

• Like 2

My Battle Log 

I'm on Strava for my running now.

Check out Kick! too.  You unlock gear with your progress on Strava.

9 hours ago, Traxex said:

Same here... But then our items of interest includes a storage unit windmill...

• Like 3

My first challenge

2 hours ago, Mike_d85 said:

Man I feel like it's unfair that I walk through Boston Common as part of my commute.  4 gyms, dozens of pokestops, and so many people set lure modules that you're tripping over pokemon when you walk through.

After work today I'm going to a spot where 2 pokestops intersect like a venn diagram.  I've got 2 lure modules and if you set both and run incense you can see 5-6 pokemon at a time.  I'll try and grab some screen shots so I can brag properly.

We hate you. I'll speak for everybody. 

1 hour ago, ixaera said:

This and watertowers, for real.

But... they look like real life gyms! 

Fountains are also another one, from the suburban gulf coast-ness part of Texas. Every neighborhood has a lake/pond with a fountain and every apartment complex has a little fountain out front. Every one is a stop or gym. 

• Like 1

Level 2 Drow Ranger

12 hours ago, Traxex said:

In suburban North Carolina, can confirm this is true here too!! :D

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

4 hours ago, shaarawy said:

In suburban North Carolina, can confirm this is true here too!! :D

2 hours ago, Mike_d85 said:

So you never have to walk more than 10 minutes or so?

I'm from the SC/NC border in the foothills.

I grew up in Charlotte. Texas is warm. :( 

Level 2 Drow Ranger

Slowly, slowly inching my way up through the ranks. Levelled up to 7 on my walk home from work, but the thing crashed every single time I tried to catch an Eevee...

Plus there seem to be a bucket load of Caterpies in this town, it's insane! Probably going to have to make a city trip for new work shoes soon, so I'm looking forward to seeing the differences. And, y'know, having all of those Pokestops in easy reach! 

• Like 2

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Team RED! 

Tho I love all of you who have also embraced the PokeGo madness (seeing lots of hate on tumblr - super disappointing)

• Like 1

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

3 hours ago, Adrianne said:

Team Yellow here!

I'm still trying to figure out how to lvl up my little dudes and what types works well against others in battle and such and such...but hey, I'll figure it out somehow eh? ;)

http://pokemondb.net/type 

:-)

• Like 1

My first challenge