Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Loss PVP: 10/12 lbs in 10/12 Weeks! [June 14 - Sept 4, 2021] **SUMMERTIME MADNESS EDITION**

3 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

It's actually +0.1 kg but the missus got us a new fancy scale, and that measures me 0.2 kg heavier. The old scale had me at 99.1 which should be my comparison point, but meh - I'm going forward with the new scale regardless so might as well pick the higher weight now.

I had a change of location with my scale and found it a needed challenge to get to the normal measurements!

"Operation Bad*ss" Starts 9/1/2024

Quest 1: Level up Basecamp

10 minutes ago, Fairly_Bouncer said:

I had a change of location with my scale and found it a needed challenge to get to the normal measurements!

I make it a habit to put the scale on the exact same tile in the exact same orientation each time to minimize differences... ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

7 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

I make it a habit to put the scale on the exact same tile in the exact same orientation each time to minimize differences... ?

I moved last pvp, but yes I personally being my scale to the bathroom to be used in the same area every week. The one moment control factor!

• Like 1

Starting weight: 248.8

Week 1: 247.2 (down 1.6)

That was unexpected.  I ordered pizza with the kids Tuesday and had a really rough time recovering from it.  Food goals have been just barely within margins and I missed one workout.  But in the last 2 days the weight started to fall so I'm pleased.  I had the BBQ Battle Festival Saturday.  It was tough to log all the food but based on estimates I managed to keep that day under target.  I was expecting to get derailed again.   

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Starting weight: 133.4kg

Week I: 132.5 (down 0.9kg)

Honestly, I'm a tad surprised. After scale shock last week, I hopped back on to the rebellion ('cause it had worked well for me when I first joined about 6 years ago) made a bunch of plans, joined the 5-week challenge, this challenge, and then proceeded to essentially ignore the goals I set for myself. ? I have the magical ability to expertly rationalize any and all bad behaviours in myself. Which is good, 'cause it means I'm very kind to myself, but it's also bad, 'cause I can be TOO kind sometimes. ("It's been long week, well done you! It's 26 degrees, no wonder you don't want to cook! That sushi was definitely a good idea") Aaaaaanyways, by the time the weekend rolled around and I was thoroughly unimpressed with myself, I got this train back on the rails and managed to stay on target and plan to keep just chugging along as best I can. 

I'm not surprised that there are some bumps here at the start! Just part of the ol' re-learning process, and like my buddy Jake says: 

6dc.gif

• Like 2

Previous challenges: One Two Three

It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop - Confucius

On 6/21/2021 at 6:45 AM, TimovieMan said:

I have (read: choose) to do this too ?

Weighed in at 208.4lbs this week, so down two lbs since we started but I think some of that is still resestting back to 'normal.'  I was sick for a few days this week and I'm just proud of myself for not going wildly off the rails, eating like an asshole and whatnot.  Altogether I kept things together pretty nicely even if I was too fatigued to exercise.  Back at it today!

• Like 2

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Starting: 280

6/21: 279

6/28: 280

....Blah. I know my goal was only to go off 6 lbs but my brother and I are planning an amusement park outing for the end if July. Where any weightloss can help. So a little bit more feeding myself real food!

I bought myself a grill this weekend , where I am 100% intrigued by how beautiful my meat is. 

Sorry another ramble last week I noticed myself not feeling well with higher sugar or processed foods. Starving and feeling week every 2 hours, hoping with balancing out my meals better I do feel stronger!

• Like 1

Starting weight: 99.0 kg

Weight 20/06: 99.3 kg (+0.3 kg)

Weight 27/06: 98.9 kg (-0.4 kg)

Anticipating a "whoosh" next week...

giphy.gif

• Like 3

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

Starting weight: 248.8

Week 2: 248.2 (up 1.0)

I am really struggling with the summer activities and excuses to eat excessively.  I started week 2 with 3 surplus days.  Some could have been avoided, some were expected.  I've recovered and gotten back to eating at goal, mostly, but there's always Wednesday night summer family dinner and then vacation starts next week.  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Hey, everyone. I'm a late arrival, but it happens that I've been tracking basic measurements since this PvP started, so alright then!

Today I weighed in at 238.9. I've lost a few pounds in the past couple of weeks and hope to keep up that trend. Two wins to report: Just completed my first week of tracking my food. Also, I only had one beer all week long. Yahoo!

• Like 1

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” Carrie Fisher

Two weeks are over and I only lost 0.7 kg, not gonna lie a year or two ago, I would have been really disappointed in it, but considering that I haven't switched anything diet wise and only started to do 20 minutes of movement a day makes me really hopeful that it will stay off in the long run this time.

• Like 2

Happy Monday, nerds!  I weighed in at 206.4 the other day (which is an all-time low since 2017 or so) but 208.6 yesterday, and somehoiw 207.2 today, so I'm excited to see my weight trending downward even without dedicated cardio!  I am enjoying my moderate carb approach to food and loving my pumpkin cookies lately (somehow I reverted almost entirely Paleo without even trying ?)

More importantly, everything seems to be working :D 

• Like 3

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

11 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

More importantly, everything seems to be working :D 

Things working = awesome!

++

As for me, yesterday's weigh-in was encouraging. I am down to 238.9 which is the right direction. I've only been tracking my calories (and very loosely mindful of my macros) for one full week, but the effect is good, so far. I weighed up for a sec this morning, but I had too much salt yesterday, so I know it's just water retention. I imagine that mostly cutting out alcohol (only one drink since the start of this PvP) is a big help with my downward trend. Those IPAs really add up, after all.

• Like 1

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” Carrie Fisher

I'm off to a great start since I hopped on the scale today and saw another since-2017 low at 205.8lbs :D 

Which means I'm almost at my interim goal (and therefore might have to modify my intention for this PVP after all)

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 2

Starting weight: 153.6 lb

Week 1: 153.2

Week 2: 151.8

^^ these losses are tiny by the standards of most, but honestly, pretty exciting for me. Would love to peek in at the 140s during this challenge, or better yet, set up shop there!

Nooming has been good. Also I downloaded a body visualizing app (me360) that supposedly helps to pinpoint progress in progress photos even if you have dysmorphia (facial features etc are blurred so there is less of the “why is my skin so gross, bleah that shirt does nothing for me, ugh Covid-hair”). *thanks to whoever it was on this site that mentioned it!! Today is a progress photo (scan) day so may upload that too!

Honestly I think the hot weather is another big ally in weight loss this week. Sure, it takes some savvy timing to sneak in that outdoor exercise (even walking!) before it gets stinking hot, but I am way less hungry in the summer than winter. (Sympathies to you Southern Hemisphere Nerds)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TiogaGirl said:

(Really hoping others start adding progress photos or scans so my giant uncanny-valley avatars are not the only images on this thread!!)

I think that scan is very cool.  It seems like it would be easier to focus on the actual changes in your body rather than focusing on this or that specific thing we get distracted by when we look at pictures of ourselves.  What app is that again?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shello said:

I think that scan is very cool.  It seems like it would be easier to focus on the actual changes in your body rather than focusing on this or that specific thing we get distracted by when we look at pictures of ourselves.  What app is that again?

Yeah I’m digging it! App is MeThreeSixty.

• Like 1

Happy 4th, American nerds!!!

I have settled into a good summer groove of smoothies for breakfast and big salads for lunch. I have a pretty high tolerance for boredom around eating pretty much the same thing every day and it certainly makes the tracking easy. So today’s win was to grill up 3 chicken breasts and hard-boil 3 eggs, so that salads are sorted for the next few days, instead of having to do it each day.

Exercise has been reasonably good— have to get walks and rides in either early in the day or late because it’s been soooo hot during mid day! Started up some strength training this week and loving the muscle burn. ? 

• Like 3

Starting weight: 153.6, Week 1: 153.2, Week 2: 151.8, Week 3: 151.8

OK the SVs are a little underwhelming (although headed in the right direction) but check these NSVs,

-Caught a quick flash of abs in the mirror this morning and will keep chasing THAT dragon!

-have been consistent about tracking food- I think I’ve built up a full week’s streak! ? 

-stepping up activity, despite the heat. Strong Curves workout coming up today!

-prepped some protein add-ins for the ol’ lunch salads this week (grilled chicken breasts, h-boiled eggs)

-encountered random treat foods and enjoyed them, didn’t write off the rest of the day as a loss, just worked ‘em into the day’s plan

I did wake up this morning realizing that I’d forgotten to add an ingredient to one of my noom-tracked recipes, so my actual calories the last few weeks have been higher than what I tracked (and why is protein powder red? ?

But overall feeling good and centred and in control. Woo!

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, TiogaGirl said:

the SVs are a little underwhelming (although headed in the right direction) but check these NSVs,

Whooot for having all these wins this week!!!

59 minutes ago, TiogaGirl said:

why is protein powder red? ?)

May need to do a noom chat elsewhere but I agree, ground beef is also red! 

---

Starting: 280

6/21: 279

6/28: 280

7/5: 279

Whelp another yoyo down. 

Ended up buying 8 months of Noom to get a little help with my nutrition. I'm working on my personal dial for daily working on my goals  and felt it could help me look big picture. That also starts me weighing daily now, interesting with my scale of 2 lb increments!

Found out eating 3,000 calories is my average on a "okay week" (I know I start losing at about 2,200 calories a day). So trying to find my platform so I can start making the changes to cut down! 

Adjusting my challenge mid-challenge to help also!

• Like 1

Starting weight: 248.8

Week 2: 248.2 (up 1.0)

Week 3: 247.0 (down 1.2). 

I did a final push before vacation to start off in a good place.  Total loss so far is 1.8 so it's averaging out close enough.  I'm hoping all the walking on vacation will counteract the vacation food. But we have rooms with kitchens or st least fridges so I can at least start each day with something healthy. 

• Like 2