Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks! [Mar 27 - Jun 18, 2023)

Weight down a little bit from last week! Just under 155, for the first time since the fall. In between last week’s  ‘official’ weigh-in and today there was a big spike, probably courtesy of a silly night drinking Prosecco and becoming convinced that eating all the salty carbs without tracking anything was a great idea. I’m happy because I didn’t panic or throw in the towel, just got back on a more mindful train the next day.

I had Bod Pod body comp analysis done last week, following up from an initial one mumble-mumble months ago, and apparently I’ve lost 2.5 lb fat and gained 1.5 of muscle. VERY happy that things are going in the right direction but a good reminder for impatient me that progress happens over months, not days/weeks, and that good stuff can be happening without the scale moving much.

(breathe in, breathe out) working on patience and consistency, I guess!

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 4
2 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

I didn’t panic or throw in the towel, just got back on a more mindful train the next day.

I had Bod Pod body comp analysis done last week, following up from an initial one mumble-mumble months ago, and apparently I’ve lost 2.5 lb fat and gained 1.5 of muscle. VERY happy that things are going in the right direction

1. Amazing work at getting back to a more mindful train the next day and not panicking. That's a big deal!

2. Yay for BodPod results! I miss having access to one and I'd love to see where I stand now versus the year after my back surgery. Mainly when it comes to muscle - did I build any of that back yet?

Cheering you on!

• Like 3

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

3/27: 159.9

4/03: 157.9

4/10: xxx.x

4/17: 158.3

4/24: 157.8

5/01: 156.5

5/08: 156.3

5/22: 155.9

I saw 154 this past week but I self-sabotaged. Typical. It's becoming a trend - I sabotage just before my weigh in here so I'm higher than the average of the remainder of the week haha. Last week's weigh in should've been about what today's was. Today's should've been what Friday's was (154.x). Ice cream. Again. I think ice cream was the culprit last week, too. Ugh. Also I had interrupted sleep this morning due to the man waking up at 230 to head out on an early flight for business. I've noticed I'm sometimes up a little more than normal if my sleep is all wonky. My body doesn't quite know what to do.

I'm good this week I think - Just the oldest and I Monday-Wednesday so I'm in charge of food and can pre-log/adjust as necessary (plus alone in the house all day to pace/dance party/workout out mid-day without disturbing anyone to burn some extra energy). Thursday and Friday are eating out due to other 2 stepkids arriving for summer with bio mom who is here for graduation (Thursday), graduation itself for the oldest (Friday), and our good friends' wedding on Saturday.

Best of luck and all the good fortune to everyone on this new week of hope and determination!

• Like 3

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

3 hours ago, Darciana said:

I sabotage just before my weigh in here so I'm higher than the average of the remainder of the week

I did the same thing.  

-------------------------------------

W6-82.3

W7-82,0

W8-81.9 

In hindsight, I probably didn't do myself any favors by stuffing my face all day yesterday.

• Like 3
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

The crazy work situation has backed off a bit, though it is far from resolved, which has allowed my stress level to come down to something semi-reasonable after being at fight-or-flight high alert for about a week. Over the weekend I finally managed to get back to a point where I can eat normally. Yay!

I am down a pound vs last week, and back in the ballpark of where I expected to be a few weeks ago, prior to the crazy jump up. My waist is still measuring the same though. Also, the scale's batteries remain unchecked, because the [censored] who designed the thing thought the battery door needed a screw in it and I haven't had the energy to go get a screwdriver to do it. ?

• Like 4

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I did the same thing.  

-------------------------------------

W6-82.3

W7-82,0

W8-81.9 

In hindsight, I probably didn't do myself any favors by stuffing my face all day yesterday.

At the very least, there's some downward movement, no matter how small, despite our self-sabotaging ways.

Here's to next week being free of self-sabotaging behavior! (though I have a wedding next weekend so I'm not sure how good it'll do ?)

• Like 4

Starting weight: 216.8 lbs - 98.35 kg

Week 1: 213.6 lbs - 96.9 kg

Week 2: 211.5 lbs - 95.95 kg

Week 3: 213.8 lbs - 97.0 kg

Week 4: 211.2 lbs - 95.8 kg

Week 5: 209.2 lbs - 94.9 kg

Week 6: 210.9 lbs - 95.65 kg

Week 7: 209.1 lbs - 94.85 kg

Week 9: 209.3 lbs - 94.95 kg (+0.2 lbs / +0.1 kg)

Considering this weigh-in comes after a week with three instances of eating out (including one at an all-you-can-eat restaurant), this is *very* acceptable.

Unfortunately, this weigh-in came just before an afternoon with friends which was basically a food orgy. ?

Got a full week to undo that damage... ?

• Like 4

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

W6-82.3

W7-82,0

W8-81.9 

W9-81.6

Some more progress in the right direction.  Not as much as I would have liked but I'll take it.

• Like 3

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Week 9: 209.3 lbs - 94.95 kg

Week 10: 207.6 lbs - 94.15 kg (-1.7 lbs / -0.8 kg)

Yay! ?

Or perhaps: Finally! ?

• Like 3

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

Ugh.  I don't know what to think any more, about my scale or my attempts at weight loss.  I was on a business trip all last week, that had a bunch of stuff go wrong (long story, check out my challenge thread if you want the details) that resulted in me getting very little sleep, but I ate decently and when I came back, I was up less than a pound from Monday morning.  Sunday morning was also in the same ballpark.  And then I went and did 4 hours of heavy exercise (not my preference, but I needed practice points to be able to play in the game I am on the roster for this coming Saturday), and Monday morning my weight jumped 2 lbs up!  Which has put me at the highest weight I've been at all year.  This morning, the scale gave me the exact same reading, and it had to think about it for a really long time.  Which, seems like batteries?  But, I also feel kind of puffy, and it's just about that time of the month, so maybe I really did go up 2 lbs overnight?

This has been the pattern for the last few years, though.  I'll be doing good for a while, making some slow progress, and then *something* happens and I jump right back up to where I started from, or higher, and nothing I do can get things to shift.  And I don't know what the "something" is, either, because there doesn't seem to be anything particularly out of the ordinary preceding it.  It is beyond frustrating.

I guess I need to make it a point to check/change the batteries in the scale today, and then reassess.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Elennare said:

But, I also feel kind of puffy, and it's just about that time of the month, so maybe I really did go up 2 lbs overnight?

2 lbs of water retention at that time of the month is actually perfectly normal, and should go away when the period ends. So you might have to take this weeks' readings with a grain of salt...

• Like 1

Despite the stress and relief of a graduating kiddo I found myself down another 1.5 pounds! 

This is likely my last update for the challenge. We go on vacation at the end of this week and then I have a few days of travel for work. 

• Like 3

Ranger-Monk Hybrid - Do all the things and lots of BJJ

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Terra turns 50?!?!?

5/15: 156.6

5/30: 155.4

Not bad, not bad. I'm thoroughly impressed that I've "maintained" from Friday nonetheless down from Monday given everything.

Kids arrived dinner Thursday. I worked until past my bedtime Thursday due to an issue on one of my projects so I barely saw anybody as I holed up (they kindly brought me food, though), Friday was graduation for the oldest. Saturday was a wedding. Sunday was hanging out with friends who came for the wedding we haven't seen in over a year and good food (including a day-long binge fest). Yesterday was a smoked ribs, beans, corn, and homemade bread. Whew. I was stuffed all weekend. I'm puffy and feeling heavy (though better since my run this morning) so I imagine my real weight is lower, but I'm simply content reporting in (a day late as I didn't weigh yesterday) with this.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

On 5/30/2023 at 9:18 AM, Elennare said:

Ugh.  I don't know what to think any more, about my scale or my attempts at weight loss. 

I guess I need to make it a point to check/change the batteries in the scale today, and then reassess.

I finally changed the batteries in my scale.  And I am down 1.6lbs vs yesterday!  I still don't know what's going on, but, whatever.  It is what it is, and all I can do is keep trying, I guess.  At least it's looking like the giant jump was a weird fluke, if not the scale acting up because low batteries.  Though, it still took a long time to process this morning, so I'm now wondering if my scale is in the process of dying. 

• Like 6

W6 - 82.3

W7 - 82,0

W8 - 81.9 

W9 - 81.6

W10 - 81.3

My daily weigh-ins are all over the place, but looking at just the weekly numbers the trend seems to be going in the right direction :) 

• Like 4

Level 2 Ninja

Week 9: 209.3 lbs - 94.95 kg

Week 10: 207.6 lbs - 94.15 kg

Week 11: 206.4 lbs - 93.6 kg (-1.2 lbs / -0.55 kg)

Going in the right direction. ?

• Like 4

5/15: 156.6

5/30: 155.4

6/05: 154.1 (-1.5lb/-5.8lb overall)

I finally managed to NOT self-sabotage this week prior to weigh in! I do feel bloated, though. I've been battling possible strep throat (Godson had it last weekend I was I near him) since Friday. Been doing mainly herbal supplements to help my body fight it off. I'm improving, but I'm still battling some soreness and buildup in my throat. I don't have much of a plan this week - no meal prep lunches and not a clue on dinners so I'm going to be winging it in that department hoping for the best.

Also, I leave for a week vacation on Sunday so I think I'll do my final weigh in on Saturday morning, assuming things aren't too hectic heading off to the 5k race. If not, I'll use Friday's weight as my final weigh in. If I can maintain today's weight, I'll be content as I said about 6lbs was my goal and I'm at 5.8 now.

• Like 3

After last weeks random giant jump up, I am back down to around where I have been.  I seem to be maintaining rather than losing.  Which, I guess is nice, in that I'm not really gaining weight, but it would be even nicer if I could actually lose some weight.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Darciana said:

If I can maintain today's weight, I'll be content as I said about 6lbs was my goal and I'm at 5.8 now.

That is excellent!!

6 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

Going in the right direction. ?

Yeah!!!

15 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

My daily weigh-ins are all over the place, but looking at just the weekly numbers the trend seems to be going in the right direction :) 

That works!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

That is excellent!!

It's even more excellent, I think, when I have been thinking how I haven't seemed to make any progress and I need to kick my butt into gear. Seeing it put like this with the slow drops and progress over a longer period of time, I really have done something! I'm within 25lbs (fat) of goal before I focus on muscle so I know it's slow going but it really was frustrating to not "see" progress because I never looked at it the right way until this. Mind boggling!

• Like 2

Checking in to stay honest.   I finally got around to buying a new scale.  I weighed in this morning and I'm up about 10 pounds since my last 'official' weigh in just 2 weeks ago.  Half of that is from the variance from the new scale, and the other half is gain from the past 2 weeks.  It was a very busy 2 weeks.  My youngest graduated, I got married, we had lots of family in town.  There were a lot of donuts and plenty of pizza.  

We are back to usual and I'm looking forward to getting back to my routines and dropping some weight.  Hubby and I went for a walk yesterday for the first time in a long time.   

• Like 6

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

^^That’s a pretty great two weeks, Shello, donuts and pizza notwithstanding! Congratulations!

I have been Ms Consistency for tracking food and for keeping on top of weights workouts and general activity levels. Still a fair number of days where I overshoot the calorie goal, but it’s more of a mindful overshoot if that makes sense. Losing at just under 0.5 lb/week which is painfully slow, but home BIA scale tells me I’m losing fat and maintaining muscle, so that’s cool. (If you trust BIA, which I don’t really, but otoh I am rocking the lifting, hitting protein goals and definitely losing slow enough to not be too worried about muscle catabolism!)

The days I do best at keeping eating dialed in are the days that I work on campus (so, away from home and my kitchen and all the snacky foods calling my name) and go out to do something non-foody in the evening (these days, that’s show choir rehearsals- the big show is on Saturday!) So that probably provides useful information going forward about how a fairly structured day and active evening is more conducive to hitting goals.

I think I’m on track to hit 5 lb lost this challenge!  (LOL, I know that is not much, but I’m stoked anyway… it is a lot for me!)

• Like 6