Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks! PIRATE EDITION [June 19-September 3, 2023]

Welcome aboard one and all, once again and once more to...

The 10/12lbs in 10/12 weeks weight-loss Player-versus-Player challenge! (PIRATE EDITION, arrrrrr!) 

Feel free to set your goals online with either the 5 weeks of your next two challenges, or include both Week Zeros for a full 12 weeks.  I want you to set goals that you think are realistic (that could even be 6lbs/12weeks or whatever works for you) and stick around for the accountability and camaraderie rather than opting out, beating yourself up, or quitting partway through!  So weigh-in sometime this week, and again every week until the Week Zero of June's first challenge.  Share your data in the spreadsheet mentioned ad nauseum below!  Post your successes, struggles, and tips AND WHERE THE TREASURE BE, MATEYS!

Now's the time to sign-up for a Player-versus-Player accountability challenge sure to motivate you to tackle those weight loss goals!  Of course we only advocate losing healthy weight and using healthy methods to get there, this playful side quest is less about beating your peers to the finish line than it is about challenging yourself, making some new accountibilibuddies, and having a place to share your battle plan or struggles along the way.

The Secret of Monkey Island - Ocean of Games

arrrrrr!!! Pirates never surrender!

The Rules

1. Sign-up using the SPREADSHEET.  Add your name & starting weight, waist measurements optional.  10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 weeks (roughly 1lb or 0.5kg per week)  is the goal but feel free to increase or decrease the difficulty as you see fit.  Whatever your goals are, you are most welcome to participate (even if you'd like to join in late)!

2. Introduce yourself to your fellow competitors!  Feel free to mention your goals, any battle plans for getting there, and what your primary motivation or inspirations are.  Feel free to mention your Challenge goals or BattleLog too!  This is an excellent place to get to know others from the forums.

3. Update the SPREADSHEET with your weekly weigh-ins.  We're using Monday as the 'official' day, but if Sunday, Tuesday, or any other day work better, go nuts!  Just keep it at roughly a week for tracking purposes.  This challenge is aligned with the current and next 5 Week Challenges, with optional weeks off for Zero Week at the start and in between.  You're also welcome to hop in at any time!

4. Have fun, encourage everyone, and keep each other accountable! Aye, Aye!!

40 Hilarious Workout Fail GIFs To Make You Stay On The Couch

Get hype but stay safe!  Also, anything done confidently cannot be considered failure!  Double also, did I mention the SPREADSHEET?

Tips for Success!

1. Make with the exercise (maybe the cardio zoomies, maybe the heavy uppy-downies or the flippy-dippies?)

2. Do-do the (calorie) deficit. 

3. Gobble up the veggies.

4. Gulp down the waters.

5. Visit and update us (and the SPREADSHEET) regularly to build that accountability network.

6. Share your workout playlist for MAXIMUM HYPE!! 

7. Make your inner critic WALK THE PLANK! arrrrrrr!!!

This post has absolutely been stolen with Brazen Pirate Swagger. @Rurik Harrgath We all hope you feel better soon, buddy. 

• That's Metal 2

Are You Ready Spongebob Squarepants Pirate GIF | GIFDB.com

I'm ready!  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Lchte.gif

A pirate I was meant to be!

Trim the sails and roam the sea!

• Like 3

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

On the spreadsheet!  Starting out at 263.6, which is 3 pounds less than last week!

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

I ended the previous challenge at a milestone. Week zero has undone that (+2.2 kg / +4.85 lbs), but I'm still hoping that part of it is still bloat and water retention because of the heat, so hopefully I'll lose that quickly again, and make it to 12 lbs in this 12-week challenge.

Should be harder because the lower my weight gets, the slower it'll go, and it's summer, so there's going to be more ice cream in my future than there used to be, as well as two weeks of vacation where IF will be out of the question (and will be mostly "damage control").

So, the goal is to lose 12 lbs (and ideally even 13.2 lbs to get to my second milestone weight), but it be hard, aye. :pirate:

Starting weight: 94.0 kg / 207.2 lbs

• Like 3

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

10 hours ago, Shello said:

On the spreadsheet!  Starting out at 263.6, which is 3 pounds less than last week!

Yessss! Way to go! 

1 hour ago, TimovieMan said:

So, the goal is to lose 12 lbs (and ideally even 13.2 lbs to get to my second milestone weight), but it be hard, aye. :pirate:

Aye, navigating treacherous summer shores with the Sirens of Ice Cream be a challenge indeed, matey. You got this!

• Like 2

6/19: 154.4

6/26: TBD

7/03: TBD

7/10: TBD

7/17: TBD

7/24: TBD

7/31: TBD

8/07: TBD

8/14: TBD

8/21: TBD

8/28: TBD

9/04: TBD

Starting off 2-ish pounds higher than I ended the last but I also just returned from a week-long vacation on Saturday.

I'm battling some serious hormonal bloat. I'm battling tons of water retention due to a consistently moderate level of dehydration. I didn't track ANYTHING for 8 days. I'd say 2lbs is not bad at all and I'll call that maintaining in my books.

Yesterday was day 1 of trying to re-establish my healthy habits. I managed.....5 of the 7 so not a bad start. Here's to hoping I'll see this uptick drop back down by the next weigh-in. This is also accounted for in my goal of 8lbs lost in these 12 weeks. At least 2 of those is likely water weight due to the reasons mentioned above.

This week I'm simply focused on getting back into my routine and getting in a good happy place with my habits. May my excess fat walk the plank right out of my life!

giphy.gif

• Like 4

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

Just now, Snarkyfishguts said:

AGREED!  

did you have a good vacation? 

Indeed I did. It was the first time I've taken off work this year so it was very much needed, mentally.

I got lots of swimming and chilling, and good seafood eating! I got it all out of my system and was super grateful to be back home, in my own bed, with my own routine, and loving on my puppies. You know you vacationed out when you're excited to get home hahaha

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

Getting in on this while the getting is good :) 

I finished off last time still a bit off from my target, but still managed to hit it by the start of this one so I am going to go for a very ambitious 5KG (11lbs) for this challenge.  Data has been input into the tracker spreadsheet

• Like 4
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

52 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Getting in on this while the getting is good :) 

I finished off last time still a bit off from my target, but still managed to hit it by the start of this one so I am going to go for a very ambitious 5KG (11lbs) for this challenge.  Data has been input into the tracker spreadsheet

Yessss, excellent! 

18 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

The weekend is usually a time when I wreck all the good work I did over the week so I am here to declare that will not happen this weekend. (Mutters various swear words) personal growth and blah blah blah . ?

This is precisely why I generally do my weigh-ins on Saturday morning... ?

Case in point:

Week 1: 91.6 kg / 201.9 lbs (-2.4 / -5.3)

I'll take this as proof that last week's results were mostly caused by water retention... ?

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

This is precisely why I generally do my weigh-ins on Saturday morning... ?

Water is heavy, man.

20 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

Case in point:

Week 1: 91.6 kg / 201.9 lbs (-2.4 / -5.3)

I'll take this as proof that last week's results were mostly caused by water retention... ?

Whoa! Look at you out here kicking ass! I'm really happy for you, iyour body is getting with the program nicely this week! :D 

22 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Whoa! Look at you out here kicking ass! I'm really happy for you, iyour body is getting with the program nicely this week! :D 

It's just -0.2 kg (-0.4 lbs) compared to two weeks ago. Basically just undoing last week's damage. ?

Although it's good for this challenge that I essentially started it with a couple of "extra" pounds. Water is indeed heavy... ?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

It's just -0.2 kg (-0.4 lbs) compared to two weeks ago. Basically just undoing last week's damage. ?

Although it's good for this challenge that I essentially started it with a couple of "extra" pounds. Water is indeed heavy... ?

It’s still good that you are moving in the direction you want, and that water weight didn’t turn into something solid. 

• Like 2

Starting weight: 240 lbs

June 25- 236.6 lbs

some of this was water, like Tim, but my biggest change is counting calories.  it’s going well, and doesn’t seem to be triggering old disordered eating thought patterns which I attribute to using a different app with more privacy and no five week projections. 

I do need to get a new scale so when I do, my numbers may be wildly different. ?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

It’s still good that you are moving in the direction you want, and that water weight didn’t turn into something solid. 

?

Applies to you as well... ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6/19: 154.4

6/26: 152.5

7/03: TBD

7/10: TBD

7/17: TBD

7/24: TBD

7/31: TBD

8/07: TBD

8/14: TBD

8/21: TBD

8/28: TBD

9/04: TBD

I have successfully lost the water retention from vacation and I am the exact same weight I was the day before we left for vacation now. I'm quite happy with that. Now, with healthy habits successfully re-established, it's time to move on and make more progress. I have 10 more weigh ins/weeks to lose 6.1lbs to hit my goal!

This week I'm planning on walking the dogs Monday-Wednesday-Friday (Monday walk is complete) and on W-F I want to add in either a kettlebell/bodyweight strength OR rower/spin bike workout in addition (today is more of a rest day due to 2 days of very hard manual labor in triple-digit temperatures). I aim to run on Tuesday and Thursday though I'm not sure if I'm doing time or distance and what that will entail. Tomorrow will certainly depend on how I'm feeling with all this soreness from the weekend.

I anticipate there may be a small scale increase as I re-introduce workouts after nearly 2 weeks off while my glycogen stores and body adjust to it again, which I'm fine with. I'm writing it out, though, as a reminder to myself for next week in case I DO see an uptick with no other logical reasons for it (hey future me, you're doing great!)

• Like 4

Weigh in this week put me at exactly the same weight as last week, but I am not complaining.  I think it was an unusual spike for that day because I had been much lower all week, and the 2cm drop in waist size is evidence of that.  I feel like I am making good progress despite the scale staying the same

W1 - 79.8

W2 - 79.8

• Like 4
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

21 hours ago, Darciana said:

(hey future me, you're doing great!)

I love this idea, and am glad you left yourself this note. Also congrats on the reset! You're so close to your goal now!

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Weigh in this week put me at exactly the same weight as last week, but I am not complaining.  I think it was an unusual spike for that day because I had been much lower all week, and the 2cm drop in waist size is evidence of that.  I feel like I am making good progress despite the scale staying the same

That IS good progress! Congrats!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am slightly late jumping in, but I am (still) currently weighing myself every day, so I have the data to fill out the spreadsheet like I didn't start late. ;)

My goal is to lose 5 lbs by the end of the 12 weeks.  I would love to lose more, but given the fact that for the last several years the best I have been able to do is maintain my weight at the higher number is has drifted to, I would be very happy with 5 lbs of actual weight loss.  That also feels slightly more in the realm of possibility than 10 lbs, so I'll stick to something that may be attainable instead of pie in the sky.

The other catch here is that I am a competitive athlete (roller derby) who is in the competition season, so I need to also fuel myself well enough to support that.  Oh yeah, and I have several vacation and business trips (currently looking like 5, counting the one I just got back from) scheduled during this challenge, plus at least one away game.  So that's going to make controlling my food a little bit tricky.

Here's the plan: eat at least 1 serving of fruit or vegetable with every meal (stretch goal is 800g of fruits and veggies per day, but I won't have a scale to measure that for a good chunk of the challenge), and don't eat fast food more than twice a week (I'm tempted to say not at all, but I'm trying to keep this realistic).  I will report how I'm doing every week, to help keep me accountable!

6/19: 174.8

6/26: 177.1

• Like 3

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)