42 minutes ago, Sea-to-sky said:

That is a great colour palette. All those different browns with teal, dark gold, a hint of washed put blue and some black and white would make a great wardrobe palette

I thought so too!  Something like this

7bf2da7ce6ed7936a2ade31ed1b637a8.jpg.cd94a68f8fa9553ae873821c50236f90.jpg

I like that it also has some olive tones in there for my military look.

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
  • That's Metal 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

On 9/6/2024 at 3:14 AM, TimovieMan said:

51ce17d1-207e-4564-afa7-fc7cb51fdeed_tex

Having an idea of how many calories you eat is "good enough", imo. Weighing everything to the gram to be able to pinpoint the exact number of calories is a) too much work, 2) still not accurate and d) the fasttrack to diet fatigue, not in a small part because of a). ?

AMEN

I love that you are embracing your inner villain and how fabulous that is. 

• Like 2

Those are stunning colors!  Following.

• Like 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Focuses

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11, #12, ,#13#14, #15#16, #17

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

16 hours ago, Everstorm said:

I thought so too!  Something like this

7bf2da7ce6ed7936a2ade31ed1b637a8.jpg.cd94a68f8fa9553ae873821c50236f90.jpg

I like that it also has some olive tones in there for my military look.

It's gorgeous!!!

Hope you have a beautiful day!

• Like 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

Love that palette, Ever. 

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 9/8/2024 at 4:57 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

love that you are embracing your inner villain and how fabulous that is. 

I have to say, especially with the Fashion lessons, I am feeling pretty fabulous.  I also lost 1/2 a pound this week paying the price of Magic, so that feels pretty damn good, too.

23 hours ago, Laghail said:

a. this palette is everything

b. Condolences on the exhausting medical appointment and congrats on being in the clear. Still exhausting either way. 

a.  Now to put it in my closet...can you imagine opening the door and there the whole palette is and then you get to put it on and wear it around town?

b.  Thank you on both counts.

16 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Nice, looks fab!

I may or may not have spent all day hunting down items to suit and saving them to various wishlists...

14 hours ago, Sepherina said:

Those are stunning colors!  Following.

Welcome!

13 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

It's gorgeous!!!

Hope you have a beautiful day!

I hope you had a great one, too!

9 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Love that palette, Ever. 

Yasss...I even went to the hardware store and picked out paint chips to match the palette for easy comparison when shopping. ?

I properly attended all my classes today and did some bonus work in Portraiture because the work has all the Copper colors and it is making me so happy right now.  I was reading about Dopamine Dressing,  which sounds pretty awesome -- like make yourself happier by just getting dressed in the morning.  I want an entire closet of those things.  What a time to be on a budget ????  I can go slow, though, and birthday/Christmas are pending so I should be able to get a few items over the next few months.

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 2

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

7 hours ago, Everstorm said:

may or may not have spent all day hunting down items to suit and saving them to various wishlists

Ooh, nice. I need to do this for me, but am flailing slightly with the whole internet clothes shopping thing. Need to find some good online shops. 

Love the idea of you slowly adding pieces to your wardrobe. hope it goes well. 

• Like 2

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8

7 hours ago, Everstorm said:

like make yourself happier by just getting dressed in the morning

This is a thing. I defiantly do this on bad days. I have my favourite cozy tshirt on i wear when i feel crud right now ?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Ooh, nice. I need to do this for me, but am flailing slightly with the whole internet clothes shopping thing. Need to find some good online shops. 

Love the idea of you slowly adding pieces to your wardrobe. hope it goes well. 

I really dislike online shopping.  It's so hard to get an accurate sense of color or texture/quality much less fit, but I fear my choices are limited locally, so I must muddle through.

14 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

This is a thing. I defiantly do this on bad days. I have my favourite cozy tshirt on i wear when i feel crud right now ?

My crazy damask skirt makes me really happy, but I would never wear it in public.  This whole side quest started because I wanted to figure out what would make me feel like my skirt feels but that I would actually dare be seen in.

I scored a little low on Fashion today, as I knew I wanted to go to the gym in the afternoon, so I dressed for gym most of the day.  I managed to pull together an outfit from the palette from things I already owned and wore it for a few hours after the gym, but then Mr Storm wanted help with a painting project, so I changed into pain clothes.  I tried, which is the important bit.

I decided I wanted to go to the gym because I want to get back into the swimming habit, and my show reminded me that I also miss rowing,

tumblr_745d48227772073a4f9d2f6b21fce7a8_62814619_540.gif.b9adefbf4e8753fb0fc668a031e5c136.gif

tumblr_404d9a601f7537275c1fd32d176ec1b4_aba1e3a4_540.gif.55467bc70fab2ca628e6ab5be175dc7a.gif

so I was torn between the two.  In the end, I decided not to choose.  I did 20 minutes of rowing intervals, then jumped in the pool for a few laps.  It felt really good to be physical.  And I scored major Wings points by doing both activities AND morning stretches AND shoulder PT.

Decent scores in Price of Magic and Portraiture, as well.  Hopefully I will have a finished work to share this weekend. 

• Like 8

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

1 hour ago, Everstorm said:

I scored a little low on Fashion today, as I knew I wanted to go to the gym in the afternoon, so I dressed for gym most of the day.  I managed to pull together an outfit from the palette from things I already owned and wore it for a few hours after the gym, but then Mr Storm wanted help with a painting project, so I changed into pain clothes.  I tried, which is the important bit.

Trying is the important part!

so I was torn between the two.  In the end, I decided not to choose.  I did 20 minutes of rowing intervals, then jumped in the pool for a few laps.  It felt really good to be physical.  And I scored major Wings points by doing both activities AND morning stretches AND shoulder PT.

Nice compromise!

• Like 1

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21/21

CURRENT CHALLENGE: Mindful Magic

On 9/10/2024 at 8:20 PM, athousandwords said:

Trying is the important part!

Nice compromise!

Thanks ? 

Oh no guys.  I might turn into one of those old ladies who choose a fashion decade to live in and stay there.  I bought a pair of camel-colored wide leg pants today and they are SO DAMN COMFORTABLE I never want to wear anything else ever.   I am never squeezing into skinny jeans again.   Palazzo forever!  I'm happy to report they were also well within my limited budget, so I got to turn in the same assignment for two classes: Fashion for Nevers and The Price of Magic.  Now to find a gorgeous dark teal top to wear with it.

tumblr_16db655cdfe9d75f9214ffecdad4d0bd_96ba3083_540.gif.ecae3dab0c6b2ad1942417a1f891dc52.gif

Yesterday was crazy active with a 2-mile walk and 2-hours of shopping, but I didn't get to Wings class.  Today was also really busy with a school field trip and more shopping, but I made a point to do my shoulder exercises before leaving the house so I wouldn't get another 0.

Portraiture is going really well and it's so hard to not share minute-by-minute progress pics because I am so excited about it.

Eating has been a little loose the past couple days, but I haven't blown it completely out of the water -- just no deficit.  Hand I have been evilly counting all the calories.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 5

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

32 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

Me too!  It's been very good for my confidence.

Might minorly tweak this in the morning in better light, but I am so excited how this one came out20240913_215557.thumb.jpg.eca12144c4e3a66f6291143200b28038.jpg

Makes me think of my older sister - when we were kids, my mom took us to the zoo and told us to draw what we saw... My sister drew the elephant's butt because it was facing away and she was being surly.

Your horse hinders are very nice, though. ?

• Haha 3

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

That is so gorgeous, Ever!

• Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, MaeradCase said:

Makes me think of my older sister - when we were kids, my mom took us to the zoo and told us to draw what we saw... My sister drew the elephant's butt because it was facing away and she was being surly.

Your horse hinders are very nice, though. ?

?  I know it's unconventional to paint from that, uh, angle, but I like how they look like they are just chilling together and watching the storm roll in.

47 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

That is so gorgeous, Ever!

I really love the colors ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Wow, that is a really complex piece with all the curving shapes mixed into the long perspective of the horses bodies.  Looks amazing and i love how you got the coat sheen and texture to feel like you could touch it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good day.  Spent a couple morning hours in the garden and afternoon hours meditating on my style, treating my hair to a hydrating mask, and researching how to care for my (apparently) type 2B wavy hair. 

Fooding was excellent, I am loving the way we are planning for meals these days (and my husband agrees).  Plus, I am not snarling at my kids for asking what's for dinner because for once I actually know the answer to that question. 

Normally after completing an art piece, I find it hard to start another one.  I think  it's a one-two combo of euphoria followed by dysphoria and finished off with fear of the blank page.  However, I fought off the art ennui and worked on my incomplete piece that I had set aside in favor of Pony Tails for the required minimum time.

Wings work is done.  I need to do some thinking before next challenge how to translate this excellent daily habit for rehab into a more varied fitness diet.  What I am liking:  it doesn't take long, I don't have to decide what to do, I don't even need to change clothes.

I have been reading Atomic Habits and it has some interesting ideas (some new, some I needed reminding of/better explanation of).  Need to finish it before I summarize my thoughts, but I am glad I picked up a copy.

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

On 9/5/2024 at 1:19 PM, Everstorm said:

tried out a new updo that turned out to be simple and flattering, so that was a nice find. 

Listen GIF by The Maury Show

On 9/5/2024 at 3:16 PM, Everstorm said:

Fear of the blank page is real.

It really is.

On 9/6/2024 at 3:14 AM, TimovieMan said:

Having an idea of how many calories you eat is "good enough", imo. Weighing everything to the gram to be able to pinpoint the exact number of calories is a) too much work, 2) still not accurate and d) the fasttrack to diet fatigue, not in a small part because of a). ?

Yes, it's good to have things remind you that the margin of error on calorie measurements is huge. You can ballpark it, but I'm sure that it's easy to be a hundred calories out either way for the average meal. You just sorta figure it balances, because not all the errors go the same way.

On 9/6/2024 at 8:20 PM, Everstorm said:

knew I wanted my black leggings, because they are the most comfortable, but I didn't think through that the only warm weather tops I have to wear with leggings are all either black or charcoal gray.  So I ended up in black leggings, a black and white floral blouse, black strappy sandals, black stud earrings and a ponytail with a black hair tie.   I was basically dressed for my own funeral.  At least all black is properly villainous, if a little obvious. 

Okay, but black is always the new black. Just saying. On a good day, my underwear is black, too.

On 9/8/2024 at 12:57 PM, Everstorm said:

I am becoming obsessed with this color palette from the opening scenes of A Discovery of Witches

I agree, and have now added it to my library holds for October. I doubt I'm going to like Interview With the Vampire much, so I need another witch and vampire option.

On 9/8/2024 at 12:57 PM, Everstorm said:

I love the golds and the greys and the pop of teal.  Definitely more of a dark academia look here.  I love these colors so much, I ditched my current project for Dorian Gray in favor of another one in this color range.

Excellent call. Although personally, I'm not sure I'd call it dark academia. It's so gold and teal and white and sandy.

• Like 4

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Dopamine dressing sounds nice in theory but I suppose you have to 1 know what you like and 2 find what you like and then 3 actually put on what you like. I struggle with all three. 

I like your horse bums a lot. You really got all the shapes right, and the shadows too.

• Like 3

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

9 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Listen GIF by The Maury Show

It was just a messy bun/top knot, but I found replicating this tutorial easier than any of the other ones that involved twisting/wrapping instead of simply pulling through.

Yes, it's good to have things remind you that the margin of error on calorie measurements is huge. You can ballpark it, but I'm sure that it's easy to be a hundred calories out either way for the average meal. You just sorta figure it balances, because not all the errors go the same way.

For me, the importance of calorie tracking is more along the lines of "what gets measured gets changed" than an actual rigid assessment of intake.  Just the reminder that a thing is calorically dense helps me to eat it more moderately, and that's enough for now.

Excellent call. Although personally, I'm not sure I'd call it dark academia. It's so gold and teal and white and sandy.

I suppose this one would fall under light academia, although that name somehow has less appeal.  It sounds like trivial academia.

37 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Dopamine dressing sounds nice in theory but I suppose you have to 1 know what you like and 2 find what you like and then 3 actually put on what you like. I struggle with all three. 

I personally find finding what I like (and having it look the way I like on my body) is the hardest of those three.  Once I have found it, putting it on isn't hard unless it requires ironing ?

40 minutes ago, Harriet said:

like your horse bums a lot. You really got all the shapes right, and the shadows too.

Thank you!  I found just the right frame for it yesterday, and I'm really happy with the finished product.

• Like 4

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

I personally find finding what I like (and having it look the way I like on my body) is the hardest of those three. 

and having it look the way I like on my body

on my body

SIGHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Yeah. 

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru