Salinger's seventieth challenge!

Happy Wednesday...

11am here. Slow morning, slept in, drank tea, lazed about. 

Not sure if anyone saw my latest post on the old challenge, but still overwhelmed with those things. Confused really. Anxious. 

Trying to focus on some work but it is really hard. 

I am staying at my sisters this eve, she is making curry and we will chill out. Tomorrow I have meetings in Liverpool (where my sister lives) so will have an easy, slow morning, then head to the meetings. Big business meetings. Nervous but excited! 

Wish i had energy and positivity to begin this challenge. Its good to be able to get thoughts down though. and i miss you guys. 

xx

• Like 7

Figuring things out is hard.

giphy.webp

• Like 4

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

Thank you @TimovieMan ❤️

If you or anyone else has any opinions on the situation (relationship...) please do offer. I am open to listen. 

Here is it again in case people didnt see. 

Spoiler

The festival was really great! Its an unbelievable setting, gorgeous gorgeous place. The music was fantastic. Saw some brilliant bands. 

On the whole, me and Roxy were fine, got on well mostly, lots of affection etc. 

But Sunday afternoon things took a turn. 

Roxys payment app wasnt working, there was very little signal in the site and she was stressed as we had got the food. The vendor said not to worry, it was just £13 so pay later on if it works, or just not to worry if we cant fix it. 

But Roxy was getting more and more overhwlemed. I tried to calm things down for her but she was quite mean to me. 

Anyway we ended up leaving the festival a few hours later. The headliner that day had pulled out due to sickness so it was actually fine. Plus i had lots of blisters :( and a 5 hour drive home. 

The drive was a bit tense. We both were upset. 

tbh right now, i am unsure whats going on. Like i know Roxys mental health is fucked, and at times it seems like her mind will play tricks on her. Making her think things that are not true. We had a lovely time until that moment. But its like she cant really focus on the good bits?

I am confused. Roxy has said numerous times she has nothing to give. She is a shell,and hasnt got anything to give me. She feels broken. 

I need affection. I need to feel loved and appreciated. I know she loves me, and i know she appreciates the things i do for her/us. But i do not get the touch i want, the random kisses, the touchy feely stuff. I want her to initiate affection. Not always me. 

I need that. I am so insecure. I need it. 

But if she cant give it right now, then what do i do??

• Like 1

I may not have an opinion or solid advice, but I do have a listening ear.
I fully understand the need for affection, and not having that met must be confusing and painful.
It's okay to need affection and reassurance - your feelings are completely valid. 
Know that you're being really understanding of what Roxy is going through, and that there is comfort in knowing she loves you too and appreciates the things you do for her, even if she doesn't show it...

Meanwhile, the best I can do is sending you virtual hugs...
giphy.gif

• Like 3

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

Hugs, Sal. I generally avoid giving relationship advice, since I have very little interest in being in a serious relationship myself. I will say it's a tough spot, and really only a call that you can make whether being with Roxy is worth forgoing the affection you need. I understand that her mental health struggles play a large role in her inability to give you what you need, but to an extent, that just doesn't matter. Why she isn't giving you what you need is, in my opinion, secondary to the fact that she isn't meeting your needs, and that's going to take a toll on any relationship. Whatever you decide, I am here to support.

• Like 6

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Hmm, I usually try to avoid giving relationship advice because (a) only the people in the relationship fully understand it and (b) my standards are ridiculously high so not necessarily helpful.

For me, demonstrative affection is a must-have and lack of it would be a deal breaker. But I know that’s not the case for everybody. And MH issues are so not Roxy’s fault. And there’s a huge difference between your partner intentionally making you feel kind of bad vs them doing it unintentionally because they’re hurting. But in the end, you still end up feeling bad :(

Can you tell I’m a dog person, not a cat person? ? 

Regardless, here to support you whatever you decide!

• Like 3

Thank you guys for your thoughts ❤️

I stayed at my sisters on Wednesday night, was lovely. Just me, my sister made curry, we relaxed. it was lovely. 

Yesterday I slept in, then did work, then had a BIG business meeting in town. 

It was nerve wracking but it went VERY WELL. Exciting stuff. 

I now have a lot to get on with. 

Came home yesterday eve. Roxy had a cup of tea for me and ran me a bath. Was also more affectionate and asking me about how the meeting went etc. Which was lovely. 

The evening was nice too. Just hanging out. 

Today she is at work, i have LOADS to do. The weekend is busy also. Workshops tmoro 11am to 3pm. Then Sunday I drive to Wales to see my sister and mum for sisters birthday. 

x

• Like 5

I'm here for whatever this challenge is about! Blessings on your goals, whatever they are. ❤️ 

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Hey Sal! 

Like others, I am hesitant to give relationship advice. Every relationship functions in its own unique way. Only you can decide if its right, and healthy, to be in it. What I will say, as someone whose mental health has, at one point, taken me to the brink of not existing, and has definitely affected the affection I am able to give and receive from my partner... mental health issues are never an excuse for treating you badly. Never. If you are in a relationship, you are responsible for treating that person with respect. That might well mean saying 'I need to be alone right now', that might well be 'I cannot have this conversation right now, I do not have the headspace for it' but then come back to it when you do.

Your needs matter just as much as hers. 

• Like 5

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Journey to the Mountain of Knowledge - Chapter One: A Pocketful of hope (current challenge)

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30 A Bold New Year   Rhovaniel forges herself anew 

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

I am here lurking, Sal. I don’t know what to say either, other than I love you, I believe you are doing your best, and I hope that Roxy is also doing hers. It’s nice that you are reporting there are good days too. That means it isn’t all lost. 

Yay for a great meeting! So proud of you!! ❤️ 

• Like 2

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hey all.

Apologese for no response.

Been so busy.

Things with me and roxy are good currently.

I can tell she is making an effort to show more affection and ask about my day etc.

We're having more time apart as I've been out quite a lot the past week. In the day and eve....

It's been lovely to hang out when we have been together.

She waited up last night till 11pm when I got home just to give me a goodnight kiss ?

Today has been good.

I have been making screen prints!! I'm doing a small limited edition print run of handmade screen print originals.....

They will be finished in the morning!! Will post photos tmoro :)

Had therapy this eve as well. Tough but good.

Just had a lovely bath. Will make a tea now and watch more of a documentary we watched on sat night, then bed.

I'll write more tmoro....

Left my bloody laptop with a friend by mistake !!! I'm lost without it but it's great that I can't do any night time work hahahha

Xx

• Like 4

I’m glad that things are good! You deserve it.

LOL at laptop predicament, I sometimes intentionally leave mine at work to cultivate the work life balance, but half the time someone needs something urgently and i end up just doing work on my phone. Do not recommend!

Enjoy your evening without work… tea and movie sounds pretty great!

• Like 1

Following!  I am glad things are going well

• Like 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Focuses

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11, #12, ,#13#14, #15#16, #17

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

Hey all! 2.30pm here. 

Just popped the work online...

️ ??????? ???????, ???? ?? ?????????

Signed, dated, and titled.

https://www.lizzbrady.com/category/all-products

Hope you guys like them!! 

459050616_10161411722926201_156560021886162053_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=127cfc&_nc_ohc=JsgjdNQQ6rQQ7kNvgFkCjcW&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&oh=00_AYBBxUhoQwUayKZtSAX9jOon1c_GEHOXql8grb3TsLbNcg&oe=66E63291

459086574_10161411720296201_7594714171562820272_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=127cfc&_nc_ohc=Ff8Gq7qHd2cQ7kNvgGvz4nj&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&oh=00_AYCTiIhWF0762o2-915rGqBWxBkS1ifXV4TAn8oadqx6Ig&oe=66E63343

459035806_10161411722931201_2602547160118173644_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=127cfc&_nc_ohc=pjQC_CTZ5S0Q7kNvgF-d8E5&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-2.fna&_nc_gid=AJ2QjYd1m7p5bAVy4T94vaa&oh=00_AYBl74O8KzG1EjbH4NsUnNu44HQkpkwi-7bAxjFmglCj9Q&oe=66E606DF

459074737_10161411720301201_4083963184049167727_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=127cfc&_nc_ohc=5-UpCvgIqWcQ7kNvgFyCCJy&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-2.fna&_nc_gid=Aneqr680iabmv70ZkfivGdK&oh=00_AYBWQwWTdE4JzLSD0upYOhlu0c-PlD3yYmOS_DOGnPkT-g&oe=66E631F2

Im already plotting the next series of prints :D 

457621922_1666765253895821_7009652803044384027_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=9f807c&_nc_ohc=rQNabvTIZRUQ7kNvgFKFEPp&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-2.fna&_nc_gid=A3oMS4Ps1LV8uxELVTV9XB5&oh=03_Q7cD1QEmpIR1Fiw898TXruO855P23h_G6ODY3kNKlkoOdGgK0w&oe=6707A1B5

457515335_528425102889824_6373839805556771014_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=9f807c&_nc_ohc=czhoAByoa2wQ7kNvgFQc_Ol&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-2.fna&_nc_gid=A3oMS4Ps1LV8uxELVTV9XB5&oh=03_Q7cD1QEYaMZFqmlAY3WflLbnmxbVGeBjrVSGgHq9icP1qS0eaA&oe=6707BEF7

HAHHAHAHA

Now work to do.... and need to walk Bronze. its so cold and windy brrrrrrrrr. Not sure where to go with her. 

This eve, left over chilli for dinner, England football match, relax, bath, read etc xx

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 2

I love those prints so much and you look so happy in those photos!!! ???

• Like 1

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hey all.

Wednesday 7.30pm. Been crazy weather today! Torrential rain then sunny....but defo getting colder.

I've worked hard today. And then spent the last 90 mins cooking for Bronze and me and Rox.

Having a beer now and listening to music.

Maybe a film after dinner :)

Feeling OK the last few days.

Things seem good.

Finances could be better and less stressful but I'm getting there and working hard.

Trusting the process eeeeek xx

• Like 4

Morning all. 9.30am. 

Been up since 8am, cleaned the kitchen, sorted some bits of admin etc

LOTS to do today, so just working on a list and getting on with it all. 

Will walk Bronze this afternoon. Its starting to get colder now. 11C today is a high!!!

❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Cozy season! Love this for you!!!

NGL i’m a little jealous of your cooler weather. It’s only about 12C now here but going up to 29. TWENTY NINE!! That is okay in summer when it’s expected to be running around the beach in tank tops and short pants but in September, trying to dress professional enough so we don’t look like we’re trying to mimic the students, it’s bananas.

Good luck with your list! I kind of feel like I’m too busy today to even make a list, which of course means that I really need a list of my own.

• Like 1

We got down to 6 overnight last night and it was so delicious to be under my weighted blanket with a cold nose. Ah, September. ❤️ It’s 12 right now and only expected to get up to 15 with rain today, so I think it’s fair to say we are into Fall weather? We were high 20s, low 30s last week though, which is a little bananas for the first week of September. 

Make sure you have some tea! ❤️ 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

Cozy season! Love this for you!!!

NGL i’m a little jealous of your cooler weather. It’s only about 12C now here but going up to 29. TWENTY NINE!! That is okay in summer when it’s expected to be running around the beach in tank tops and short pants but in September, trying to dress professional enough so we don’t look like we’re trying to mimic the students, it’s bananas.

Good luck with your list! I kind of feel like I’m too busy today to even make a list, which of course means that I really need a list of my own.

29 wow!!!

I gave up with my huge list and I've taken myself to bed hahha it's 4pm and all I've done is get some food shopping, been on a lovely walk and got 30% of work done.

I'm going to nap for 35 mins then make some soups

I got stuff to make roasted tomato soup and also chicken and veggie!!

Have you done better than me?!

10 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

We got down to 6 overnight last night and it was so delicious to be under my weighted blanket with a cold nose. Ah, September. ❤️ It’s 12 right now and only expected to get up to 15 with rain today, so I think it’s fair to say we are into Fall weather? We were high 20s, low 30s last week though, which is a little bananas for the first week of September. 

Make sure you have some tea! ❤️ 

Roxy got a weighted blanket for her birthday and it makes a big difference for her.

Yayyyyyy Autumn!!!!!

Oh yes always hahha xx

• Like 4