Salinger's seventieth challenge!

21 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Hey Sal! How did your weightlifting class go? 

Hey Rookie! More below ❤️ x

Hi, its Friday, 1.30pm. 

Bronze is back from her walk with the other dogs, and I will give her a bath soon once shes finished her dinner!

Ive had a slow morning, been feeling kind of down :( unsure why. 

Maybe work going slower than i hoped (business work) 

I have a lot to get on with though, website build and application edits. I just cant be bothered with them today. 

Im also really tired and worn out. 

Anyway, weightlifting yesterday..... it was so good!!!!

Its in the trainers own garage,....she has a whiteboard on the wall with polaroids of each client and their PB for squat, DL, overhead press and bench press!!!

Fairy lights, radio on, just a lovely welcoming space. 

She was very lovely too. Kind and encouraging. 

She said i have very good form, even though ive never done it before....! I enjoyed it a lot. And going back next week :) in between these sessions i will be doing Kettlebell exercises at home and walking Bronze in the week. 

I have slight DOMS today, mainly thighs. 

But felt really good :) xx

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 2
3 hours ago, Salinger said:

Anyway, weightlifting yesterday..... it was so good!!!!

YISSSSSSSS

• That's Metal 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Hey, Sal! How was your weekend?

• Like 1

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

3 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

Hey, Sal! How was your weekend?

Hey Timo, thanks for asking!

Weekend was ok. I cant really remember much? But i watched three great films. 

Late night with the Devil - excellent, creepy, strange. 

Fallen Leaves - slow paced but brilliant. Finnish film.

The Hypnosis - absolutely fantastic. Loved this so much. Swedish film. 

I also read, i ate and drank good stuff. And i walked Bronze twice. Sundays walk was 90 mins in the rain, gorgeous walk through the woods next to a nature reserve. 

Also football of course, some good games to watch. 

All in all, it was fine. good in parts and also had anxiety other times. 

xx

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1

Hey guys, 8am here, Tuesday morn. 

Yesterday was fine. Busy, and worked hard. Funding application edits most of the day. A few deadlines to get to, end of September. 

So by 30 th i need to have the website build complete. And also two funding apps ready to submit (clients applications) once they go, I can invoice for my work/fee. 

Also got business plans on the go. Plus figuring out board members and how to find the right people to support the next stage for the business. 

Todays plans:

- Take medication

- Order new meds

- Funding app (R&D) submit

- Edit client 1 application

- Edit client 2 application

- Meeting on zoom at 12.30pm

- Clean kitchen

- Kettlebell workout (!)

- Shower (wash hair)

- Laundry on

- Go to Roxy's dads for a brew, sisters bday drink

- Read, relax, film, bed

??

• Like 6
22 hours ago, Salinger said:

Late night with the Devil - excellent, creepy, strange. 

Fallen Leaves - slow paced but brilliant. Finnish film.

The Hypnosis - absolutely fantastic. Loved this so much. Swedish film. 

*takes notes*

• Like 1

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

Hey all

Had a little crash mentally this afternoon.

Made a big fruit salad which was tasty. Had two glasses of water.

Cup of tea. Shower. Etc

But some negative thoughts creeping around.

However I SUBMITTED my funding application.

For reference these usually take around 2 months to write. But last week I just thought I'd apply and I wrote it and submitted it in 4 days.

It's bloody good as well.

8 weeks till decision.

May be a knock back but if so I will just edit it with feedback and reapply.

It's research money so.....no big event is relying on it so I'm as relaxed as is possible when you're low income hahah

Going to roxys dad's in an hour.

It was her sisters 18th yesterday.

It's always a bit stressful depending on roxys mood. She is either fine or she doesn't bother at all with friendliness. It's difficult because her dad really has messed her up from childhood but I always try to keep the peace.

Then home and footy and I may watch a film later.

Another crazy busy day tomorrow. Just trying to keep level headed.

X

• Like 5

Hey all. 

Todays been a little difficult mood wise. I am desperate to do nothing. To have a relaxing bath, a lie down, a rest....to read and drink tea. 

I have. ALOT to do :( 

I need to clean the kitchen and spare room (Jackson's litter and food station) and do laundry. etc etc

It is 2.30pm. I could possibly do the cleaning till 3.15, then have a day bath and a read whilst drying off, cream on, do hair. Then at 4.30, nip out for milk, loo roll and something for dinner. Then just do some work until 6.30pm then RELAX.

But but but. Lots of voices in my head today. Making things hard :( 

Im so tired xx

• Like 3

Quarantine Love GIF by alexa kerr

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nice job on the application! More applications more successes. 

Are you doing kettlebells for your weightlifting? Lovely. I hope you get a couple of things done today and feel rejuvenated tomorrow ❤️ 

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

2 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

I'm sorry, Sal. When I'm having an overwhelming day, I make a list of 3 things that are top priority, and then don't worry so much if I don't get to the rest.

Thanks AP.

I deep cleaned Jackson space. Feel terrible for letting it get so bad :(

But it's done now. Also cleaned the bathroom

And just had a nice hot bath.

Lying on my bed currently just chilling out.

Not going to do any work this eve. It's half 5 now. I will ensure more is done tnoro.

@Harriet heyyyy

Kettlebells when I'm at home. My trainer is going to show me some exercises tmoro that I can do from here.

I have training tmoro with the bar!!!! Eeeek.

Xx

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Salinger said:

@Harriet heyyyy

Kettlebells when I'm at home. My trainer is going to show me some exercises tmoro that I can do from here.

I have training tmoro with the bar!!!! Eeeek.

Noice and noice! I love bars. 

• Like 1

Morning all! 

FRIDAY! Its cold this morn, only 8C brrrrrrr.

9am here, been up since 7.30, drinking tea and doing a bit of planning for the day. 

One of my clients is submitting his application today, which means I can invoice for my fee to be paid. usually takes 20 working days to get payment. Good to know its coming tho!

Money has been a bit easiest recently. Obviously not flush but able to pay the bills etc

Yesterday i had my second weight lifting session!!!!!!!!

I am now also on the personal bests wall :D 

460676381_3831852093758320_3174657496708252266_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=9f807c&_nc_ohc=peotSGwkVM8Q7kNvgEWd836&_nc_ht=scontent.fman4-1.fna&_nc_gid=AYCVkQzNtm-_TV6UY8TNLON&oh=03_Q7cD1QG9mZwEXQ5sCWvn6DhMa1OwsHkFOCGnpPZoS0Iy1CjQcw&oe=671DD402

eeeeeeek

It was a good session. Apparently I have very good strength for the chest press! She said she was really impressed. Its exciting to build up the weight isnt it haha

Ive also got a circuit she has written out for me, to do at home with the kettlebells. 

Today then:

- Take medication

- Order new meds

- Post prints out for buyers 

- Post my friend some art (moving in pressie)

- Work on funding application edits for client 1

- Website building

- Email all clients to check on progress

- Visit friend in hospital 2pm

- Pick Roxy up from work 5.30pm

- Walk with Bronze

- Make chicken pasta

- Chill out, watch a film, read, bath.......

Decent day x

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 5

That Polaroid picture gives off "Hang in there!" inspirational poster vibes...

Hang in There Cat Poster - Funny Cat Posters for Wall, Motivational Cat Wall Art Inspirational Posters Print Canvas Home L...

Except you look happier. ?

• Haha 4

You look so happy in that photo! And yes, the bar is amazing and I hope you love adding weight to it!!!

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hey Sal! Woo that was a lot to catch up on but AMAZING job with the weightlifting. You look super happy int hat photo, as you should be! 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Journey to the Mountain of Knowledge - Chapter One: A Pocketful of hope (current challenge)

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30 A Bold New Year   Rhovaniel forges herself anew 

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

On 9/28/2024 at 12:54 PM, Rhovaniel said:

Hey Sal! Woo that was a lot to catch up on but AMAZING job with the weightlifting. You look super happy int hat photo, as you should be! 

On 9/28/2024 at 5:53 AM, Sovalis said:

You look so happy in that photo! And yes, the bar is amazing and I hope you love adding weight to it!!!

Thanks both and Timo xx

• Like 1

Hey all Sunday eve 8.30pm.

Been OK weekend. Not done much so feel a bit guilty.

Last night had roxys two friends round - they also my friends now ofc.

Was fun.

Today has been slow and this eve I feel sad.

It's my birthday tomorrow. Nothing planned.

I miss being out and drinking. I miss drinking with my friends. I miss all that.

I feel lonely tonight if I'm honest. Lonely and sad.

I miss my dad. And I'm bored of saying that.

I have a lot of work to do but I can't make myself do anything.

I just feel like curling into a ball and disappearing.

I've come up and lying on the bed.

Jackson is with me.

I've cried. And I may read a bit. Or I don't know. Sleep.

How depressing. Birthday tmoro and I'm going to bed at half 8.

:(

• Like 2