The value of four years:
Ask a graduate.

To realize
The value of one year:
Ask a student who
Has failed a final exam.

To realize
The value of nine months:
Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.

To realize
The value of one week:
Ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.

To realize
The value of one minute:
Ask a person
Who has missed the train, bus or plane.

To realize
The value of one-second:
Ask a person
Who has survived an accident.

Time waits for no one..
Treasure every moment you have.

You will treasure it even more when
you can share it with someone special.

To realize the value of a friend or family member:

LOSE ONE.

It's from Jenny Addises' page about quotes she loved, but she gives no (?) source for it.

http://www.inspirationspeaks.me/favoritequotes.htm The author seems to be anonymous.

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

The things you pick up during life and remember in hard times long time after, far away.

The high-school councellor said to me once:

"You are a good young man, you are capable of learning"

Highly personal, it doesn't make much sense if you wasn't there, but I do know you have your own :love_heart:

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

Press on!!!! Nothing in the World can take the place of persistence. Talent will not, nothing is more common then unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not. Unrewarded Genius is almost a proverb. Education will not... The world is full of educated Derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

- Calvin Coolidge.

•      Awful                                                          Not so good                                                                          Getting better                                                        Super Stud                                       He-Man                                  Artie Strongest                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              man.... In The World
  • 61%
    61%
  • Valerius the level 2 Human

STR 3|DEX 3|CON 2|STA 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

Current challenge

•  
  • " If you think you can do a thing or you can't do a thing, you're right."
  • - Henry Ford

"Behind every post, every comment, every tweet and every page view is an actual set of eyeballs inside a brain that makes up a unique human being.

This is not something to be taken lightly." -Scott Dinsmore

• Like 1

An acronym I stumbled across:

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

Edit: I got it wrong, edited accordingly. (Not expectations, but evidence)

Oh, and the quote is from Gary Busey.

• Like 1

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.â€

- Marianne Williamson

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.CrazyActive.com

Shatter The Limits

• Like 3

http://www.ted.com/talks/andrew_solomon_how_the_worst_moments_in_our_lives_make_us_who_we_are#t-1200030

Andrew Solomon's speech about turning hardship into strength.

"Forge meaning, build identity"

Just so that you know, he mentions briefly things that will scare little ears, like rape and other horrible experiences.

The bottom line is, that whatever we face, can be made into who we are, and found beauty from.

I'm doing a bad job explaining, but this is something that moved me and resonated with me,

so I wholeheartedly encourage you to watch.

----------------------

http://tedxtalks.ted.com/video/How-To-Find-And-Do-Work-You-Lov;search%3AScott%20Dinsmore

Scott Dinsmore made a great work thinking through what makes passionate work possible.

This stuff he talks about I am definitely going to apply into my life.

• Like 1

2291d1616be3f2d41386995da67ef951.jpg

this quote is my new lock screen

• Like 4

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Thanks for pointing that out.

Corrected it.

http://blog.ted.com/2012/03/16/being-vulnerable-about-vulnerability-qa-with-brene-brown/

http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability

http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_listening_to_shame

Brene Brown talks about hard, difficult things, like vulnerability and shame,

but at the same time, about the fundamental, beautiful things, like

need to be loved, appreciated, to feel joy and connection...

I hope her work helps you all as very much as it has helped me.

Sincerely yours, Fearkiller

• Like 1

“If you want to make a difference, the next time you see someone being cruel to another human being, take it personally. Take it personally because it is personal!â€

- Brené Brown

• Like 2

Joe Abercrombie is a British fantasy writer who writes books, not about the heroic, Tolkien style heroes, but about the nasty, dirty, horrible characters. They're largely brilliant if you can turn off the impulse to search for a character you like.

One of his 'hero' characters, a soldier called Logan Nine Fingers, has a favourite phrase that has become my mantra off late:

"Better to do a thing, than live with the fear off it"

Quick, simple and the ultimate motivational life hack. My kids are getting sick of hearing it I say it so much.

• Like 2

"Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing."

-- Evan Esar (1899 - 1995), Esar's Comic Dictionary

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

To laugh is to risk appearing a fool,

To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.

To reach out to another is to risk involvement,

To expose feelings is to risk exposing your true self.

To place your ideas and dreams before a crowd is to risk their loss.

To love is to risk not being loved in return,

To live is to risk dying,

To hope is to risk despair,

To try is to risk failure.

But risks must be taken because the greatest   hazard in life is to risk nothing.

The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing.

He may avoid suffering and sorrow,

But he cannot learn, feel, change, grow or live.

Chained by his servitude he is a slave who has forfeited all freedom.

Only a person who risks is free.

--William Arthur Ward

• Like 3

"Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter."

-- Bernard Baruch

• Like 2

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

"Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century."

Dame Edna Everage (1934 - ), In a television interview with Joan Rivers

• Like 2

Spoiler

“For a seed to achieve its greatest expression, it must come completely undone. The shell cracks, its insides come out and everything changes. To someone who doesn't understand growth, it would look like complete destruction.â€

― Cynthia Occelli

• Like 4

alicata ♦ changeling
intro | prologue | chapter I

“For a seed to achieve its greatest expression, it must come completely undone. The shell cracks, its insides come out and everything changes. To someone who doesn't understand growth, it would look like complete destruction.â€

― Cynthia Occelli

Really nicely put! 

Spoiler

"Your life is the greatest (and most important) story you will ever tell."

When I was 15, I was chatting with my friends, and then I noticed something.

I had no story about myself to tell.

While everyone had these crazy and interesting and funny anecdotes about their lives, all I could add in the conversation were about the lives of the characters from the shows I've watched or the books I've read. Everyone had some interesting stuff in their lives, I had nothing. My life was as stale as week-old bread. 

After that, I started wondering where my life was going and what I'm doing with it. Why is it so... boring? Then I realized I was at fault. I had been living my life vicariously through all my favorite characters and stopped living my own. I had become a couch potato and I was letting all the good opportunities to change that fade away because of all the excuses in my head ("It's not for me", "I don't really need to prove myself", "I'm just gonna lose there anyway").

And that's when that quote popped up in my mind.

Your life is the most important story you will ever tell, so go out there and f*ck sh@t up. Then record that $h&t so you can show it off to them future whippersnappers!

• Like 2

JL: Level 3 Turtle Tamer

"I didn't come here for the easy life."

current challenge thread | daily battle log | epic quest

The One-Year Fanfic Ban (START: 6/8/2015)

0%
0%