Forums are back in action! ×

LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

omg. That's an amazing color and I'm jealous!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

*me and friend, watching an old movie with Brad Pitt in it*

Me: "If I took hormones, I bet I'd look that hot."

Friend: "But...you're not into guys, and you're not into girls, so what's the point of being hot when you're asexual?" #utterconfusion

MAYBE I WANT TO LOOK HOT SO THAT I LIKE WHAT I SEE IN THE MIRROR? SO THAT I'M COMFORTABLE WITH MYSELF? Fuck! Those comments make me ripping mad. Apparently I'm only supposed to look hot for other people who want to do sexual things to me, and not, you know, for my own well-being.

This is not even close to the first time I've heard that statement or a variation thereof, either.

jyLXRJy.gif

• Like 4

*me and friend, watching an old movie with Brad Pitt in it*

Me: "If I took hormones, I bet I'd look that hot."

Friend: "But...you're not into guys, and you're not into girls, so what's the point of being hot when you're asexual?" #utterconfusion

MAYBE I WANT TO LOOK HOT SO THAT I LIKE WHAT I SEE IN THE MIRROR? SO THAT I'M COMFORTABLE WITH MYSELF? Fuck! Those comments make me ripping mad. Apparently I'm only supposed to look hot for other people who want to do sexual things to me, and not, you know, for my own well-being.

This is not even close to the first time I've heard that statement or a variation thereof, either.

jyLXRJy.gif

Ouch. Hmmm what would my favorite serial killer (that last season never happened...got it) say think at that moment

tumblr_lzd36ySDRA1rp79qco1_500.gif

• Like 2

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

I like pegasus.   I need two of them. :redface:

• Like 2

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

Bekah, your hair must be hella thick to still look like that after an undercut.

oh yeah, it was at least a 2 1/2 inch diameter ponytail before, now its about 1 inch maybe. I had chia pet hair! LOL! 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Yes. Yes. This, exactly. Except, I get it from my matchmaking mom...

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again

Naxius, I often (as it turns out) say dumb things to my ace/trans friend. It truly is foreign territory. I hope you can forgive the unintentional insult and continue expanding your friend's knowledge base. ((Hug))

It's usually forgiven, and I usually don't blow up outwardly at my friends (or people in general) when they make such comments, but...this was not the first time from that one person. Maybe previous times involved alcohol or something o_O

I don't really see it as an insult, it's just more like...I don't know. Do other people want to be healthy and look good only for the sake of being attractive to potential partners? For both that and health? Personal satisfaction?

Yes. Yes. This, exactly. Except, I get it from my matchmaking mom...

Oh gawd. Matchmaking moms are the worst lol. I think mine gave up though!

• Like 1

I don't really see it as an insult, it's just more like...I don't know. Do other people want to be healthy and look good only for the sake of being attractive to potential partners? For both that and health? Personal satisfaction?

My first thought was "oh how sad, they view their body solely as a vehicle to attract others" :( Many people see their bodies that way and only that way, but many also see it as both a personal well being desire and the attraction factor...for decades I was in the first camp, but now that I am learning more about myself I want it for both reasons. I "think" non-Ace folks just really can't disconnect body and sex bc they are intrinsic to us, so it's like not understanding "white privelege" for white people when talking to other races, it has to be point blank discussed and addressed and word choices need to be thought over etc. before there will be change in the mind of your friend. I read a great article about that yesterday actually! 

Either way, you can help them to see the world differently, if you want to :) 

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

A few years ago I heard "pegasus" so I'm trying to make it a thing. ;)

OMFG I HEART YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW

I mean.. awesome... 

• Like 4

ColoQ  ||   Level: 0
Techno Troll  ||  Assassin   
=========================
Current Challenge: 0 - V.2
Previous Challenges: ,
--------------------------------------------------
STR 0     ||   DEX 0    ||  STA 0
CON 0     ||    WIS 0    ||  CHA 0
--------------------------------------------------

Wait, you mean you want to look good for your own sake, not to attract a mate?   Gasp!

• Like 3

Challenges:

oh yeah, it was at least a 2 1/2 inch diameter ponytail before, now its about 1 inch maybe. I had chia pet hair! LOL! 

Dang, Bekah, you got the full undercut! Mine is one side only. And yeah, thick hair is helpful with this style. :)

I just had my undercut trimmed up. I had an allergic reaction to the blue dye, and then I just continued reacting to it even after taking prednisol (although it did help some). It was kind of crazy - my doctor got concerned and asked me to go to the ER, and I ended up getting a CAT scan. I can now report with medical accuracy that my brain is not just normal, but "pristine" in the words of the ER doctor. And I'm not letting anyone forget it. ;) 

Anyway. After all that fun I got my hair trimmed much closer this time on the undercut - didn't do the full shave still but just have it cut really close. I like it. :)

• Like 3

SHAEON

Jedi Apprentice

Druid Character Sheet

Daily Battle Log: Shaeon Restores Balance to the Force

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Current Challenge: Shaeon Focuses

"With great boots comes great responsibility."

Well, okay, I want to be a better-looking cosplayer, too XD Not sure if this is entirely for myself or for getting the full ERMAHGERD!!1 effect from other con-goers.

I have a list of cosplay ideas for when I feel I can do them justice, lol!  Totally hear you on this.

• Like 2

Challenges:

Naxius - I'm not ace, but I can confirm agender people get stupid comments of that calibre directed at them (particularly since I'm agender but present more masculine, so I get "why not just be a boy, if you prefer people seeing you as male than female?" alllll the time).  I think it's more just not thinking than anything else ... I know a lot of people like to look good for their own selves and their own pleasure, but use other people's comments as the yardstick of that, so maybe it gets mixed up together?  And asexual then means that one doesn't need that yardstick and therefore doesn't need to prove anything with health goals....?  Man, I dunno.  I bet you some of those people, if asked to clarify thought process, wouldn't know either.

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Heya! Newb here, checking in. Names Timothy and I'm super excited to see this forum. I read through like...the first five pages and then realized there were 107 pages, so I skipped to page 105 and continued on. =)

I'm gay, and am starting my first challenge this week. Didn't phrase it this way, but main quest is to become someone that I would want to date - physically, mentally and emotionally.

• Like 5

Bonirion

Grey Elf Apprentice Assassin Applicant

Challenge

"Never mistake activity for achievement." - John Wooden

Hitlion and I don't always agree.. but when we do, we agree about this...

sudo circle_wagons /now

Let's not continue this conversation, pls....

Took time off the forums over the holidays, sorry I missed this one guys. If things are getting heated due to stuff like this, and one of the mods hasn't stepped in, make sure you shoot one of us a messege so we can deal with it (so you don't have to), and drop a hammer if need be.

You're all killing me. Now it's going to get really awkward every time I mention unicorns farting glitter and rainbows. 

Yeah, new and hilarious mental imagery right there. Shit's getting kinky.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

A few years ago I heard "pegasus" so I'm trying to make it a thing. ;)

OMFG I HEART YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW

I mean.. awesome... 

That's two of you sorted. Do you have anyone in mind for the third party?

And what is the plural of pegasus? Pegasii?

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

That's two of you sorted. Do you have anyone in mind for the third party?

And what is the plural of pegasus? Pegasii?

Pegasoxen?

wingox2.jpg

• Like 3

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

^Where buffalo wings come from? :P

• Like 5

Goal weight: 135 lbs (61.2 kg), Starting weight: 200 lbs (90.7 kg)

Current Weight: 196.6 lbs (89.2 kg)

5.2%
5.2%

Battle Log | Challenge

The chronicles of my journey through mental illness.

The Stories Not Told

Break the silence. Fight the stigmas. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Level 2 Half-Elf

|STR| 4 |DEX| |STA| |CON| |WIS| |CHA| 5