Forums are back in action! ×

Great phone app for Running! Zombie Apocalypse Training!!!!!!

bookwormly

I got this last week for my iPhone.....keeps crashing halfway through the workout!! Grrrrr

Does look like a good way to add some fun into the workout!

[TABLE=width: 500]

[TD=align: center][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC][/TD]

Gargoyle Adventurer - Level 1

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 1

[/TABLE]

Zombies, Run! got this card-carrying non-runner out there pounding the pavement and looking forward to it. I'm up to 2.75 miles a run (from never having run even a full mile before in my life) and on my second play through the story. (Fair warning for anyone playing, though: episode 11 is a serious tearjerker. I think I freaked out a couple other runners by getting all red-nosed and blotchy-faced trying not to cry the first time I ran it.)

Alan, have you contacted their tech support? I had a couple issues with my app early on and was really impressed with how responsive they were to my queries.

only what you take with you

Challenges: Starstuff Wars Episode I, II, III, IV, V, VI  

NF character ~ Fitbit ~ Strava ~ Smashrun ~ MyFitnessPal

Food Log

Good idea Starstuff, I'll give it another go and see what happens. If it crashes again, I'll contact them.

I saw they've now got a new app for getting to 5k, I want!

[TABLE=width: 500]

[TD=align: center][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC][/TD]

Gargoyle Adventurer - Level 1

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 1

[/TABLE]

Zombies, Run! got this card-carrying non-runner out there pounding the pavement and looking forward to it. I'm up to 2.75 miles a run (from never having run even a full mile before in my life) and on my second play through the story. (Fair warning for anyone playing, though: episode 11 is a serious tearjerker. I think I freaked out a couple other runners by getting all red-nosed and blotchy-faced trying not to cry the first time I ran it.)

Alan, have you contacted their tech support? I had a couple issues with my app early on and was really impressed with how responsive they were to my queries.

Thanks for the heads-up haha, I have completed till 8...

Though I do it walking :)

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

I was playing this pretty regularly until I kinda fell off the running wagon lately. But I think I'll do a second play-through soon and get back in the game, because I really enjoy it and it keeps me plenty entertained and gives me a goal to have while I'm out there and trying to learn how to not suck at running.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2qmfbys.jpg[/sIGPIC]

SpazzyMal, level 1 Faun Druid

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

CURRENT CHALLENGE

[/TABLE]

Oh, I love this app. I use it pretty much every time I run, but I usually have it on radio mode, so between each song there are some DJs talking about life after the apocalypse. It's great, and usually pretty funny! Plus, if I run well during the actual songs, I let myself slow down during the radio bits. Like interval training, only less formal and with more zombies.

I haven't completed the main story yet, though. I like it so much that I don't want it to be over, so when I'm spacing out the storyline runs.

Wood Elf AdventurerLevel 2STR: 2.0 | DEX: 2.0 | CON: 2.0 | STA: 5.0 | WIS: 4.0 | CHA: 5.0Current Challenge: From Beneath the Rubble

First Challenge: Lyr's First Steps

My Gaming Website: The Cardboard Republic

I love this app as well :)

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Even if they have ported it to Win7 by now, I'm not going to spend that much on an app until we can switch to Android.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Archived