Forums are back in action! ×

100 Burpee Challenge

OrangeJorwell

Woot...10 days done! 55 total...and now the fun begins.

Anyone want to share strategy? I am trying to decide if I want to start breaking it into sets now or later. I get a little winded at 10 but I'm sure I can do more...don't want to get hurt though...so I may split to 6 and 5 tonight, then add one to each set for a while.

How are you going to approach it?

Celtic ScoutLevel 4Str 8 | Dex 7.5 | Sta 12.25 | Con 9 | Wis 10.5 | Cha 7.75Battle Log"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Woot...10 days done! 55 total...and now the fun begins.

Anyone want to share strategy? I am trying to decide if I want to start breaking it into sets now or later. I get a little winded at 10 but I'm sure I can do more...don't want to get hurt though...so I may split to 6 and 5 tonight, then add one to each set for a while.

How are you going to approach it?

I'll probably go about this like most of my exercising...haphazard with consistently inconsistent methods. (I change my workouts and workout methods often) Currently I plan to do them in one set for as long I I can and on days that I feel tired I'll do a few small sets instead. I may eventually change to doing a set of 10-20 right when I get up in the morning and doing the rest later using whatever way I feel like for that day. I don't really want to resort to a grease the groove method towards the end because I tend to burn out quick on that type of system.

in short, i dunno...

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

I'm 26 behind. Lazy and lacking motivation. And Kibcy, it's 5050 after 100 days, not a big difference but thought I'd point that out.

UGH you're absolutely right. I'm terrible at math... now it's open for all to see. (yeah didn't use a calculator....)

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Checking in as well. Day 13 for me and going strong. I'm still using strict technique so I'm happy!

I am awed TerraNik.  Keep it up!

I got through yesterday's 11, but only by "cheating" on the last ones from my knees.

This morning?  My elbows and calves are in cahoots - and are plotting to kill me.

I think Kibcy's plan of "one at a time when you think of them" sounds like a better plan.  Though I'll have to push off the lockerroom bench - no way I'm doing a pushup off a hospital floor!

Half-elf Assassin, lvl 2St: 5, Dex: 3, Sta: 2, Con: 2, Wis: 3, Char: 3

Current Challenge: TBD

Battle Log: Up-Down, Up-Down, Repeat as Necessary

Burpee Backlog: 10

My crossfit gym does the challenge annually, timing it to end on Dec. 23.  WOD burpees don't start counting until after Thanksgiving- by that time you're well over 50!

Kudos to those of you who are launching into this, it was one of the best challenges I've done!

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Was so stupid... I forgot to do the last 5 burpees due to playing Mass Effect 2 yesterday.

So I did them this morning. And... back on track :D

Just 13 for today... not sure how that'll go, I'm gonna go climbing today.

Spoiler

Caught up for the past two days with my 23 yesterday. Keep chuggin' everyone!

aisis, Level 2 Wood Elf AssassinSTR 3|DEX 5|STA 5|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 3

1st Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22206-prologue-and-exposition/

Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/25678-aisis-part-one-performance/#entry443199

Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/25680-aisiss-battle-log/#entry443214

"All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move."

I'm dropping out of the challenge until I feel better. Good luck guys!

Sorry to hear that, but better to take care of your body so that you can do lots of burpees somewhere down the road!

I was having some knee issues, but think I have rectified that with the yoga I have just introduced into my life.  For a minute there I thought I might have to drop out as well, but come to find out I don't think the burpees arent affecting my knees that negatively after all.

So anyway, I have done up through Day 13.  And man, it is getting tough!  I can still finish them in one set, but those days are numbered.  Is there a rule on how fast you are supposed to do them? because I sometimes don't have the quickest transitions to and from push-up position.

Good luck to everybody, and just remember that we are in this together!  Keep on fighting the good fight!

Chriskra, Level 1 Night Elf Ranger

STR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 2|CHA 4

"The only easy day was yesterday"

I'm dropping out of the challenge until I feel better. Good luck guys!
:( feel better!!!

Is there a rule on how fast you are supposed to do them? because I sometimes don't have the quickest transitions to and from push-up position.

I would think not? I think doing what you can is what matters. I can't do regular push ups, so I have to go with the knees.

-

For today I already did 4 after getting up. Took me like 30 seconds. I blocked out 5 minutes for them, but I couldn't do more than 4. (not good with exercising in the morning + I went bouldering yesterday)

But it means I only need to do 10 this afternoon!

Spoiler

I don't feel like multi-quoting, so I'm just going to respond.

Feel better, Devyn!  "He who fights and runs away...," after all.

There's not a time limit.  If you start standing up, drop to your push up, drop to the ground, roll up from the push up, stand up slowly and hardly jump, it's still a burpee.  And it's still making you stronger (actually, probably more so than people doing them "properly").  So keep up the good work.  :)

And good job Kibcy.  Whether it's 4 at a time or 1 at a time, chip away at them until you can make burpees your bitch.

I got dressed and was about to leave for work this morning when I remembered.  So I took my watch off and did them in jeans and socks.  I don't really recommend it.  So then I grabbed a sticky note, wrote "BURPEES" on it and went to stick it on my bathroom mirror so I would remember when I woke up.  Then I realized that it wasn't actually a sticky note and now I'm trying to figure out why I have a 3" square yellow notepad that ISN'T sticky notes.

Level 3 Ranger

STR: 6 | DEX: 3 | STA: 9 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 5

Current Challenge

I got dressed and was about to leave for work this morning when I remembered.  So I took my watch off and did them in jeans and socks.  I don't really recommend it.  So then I grabbed a sticky note, wrote "BURPEES" on it and went to stick it on my bathroom mirror so I would remember when I woke up.  Then I realized that it wasn't actually a sticky note and now I'm trying to figure out why I have a 3" square yellow notepad that ISN'T sticky notes.

Trust me, doing them in jeans and walking shoes is worse. Just didn't want to take off my shoes as I had to leave right after.

But really, good job doing them before heading out!!

Sticky notes that aren't sticky... well... I don't know... so you can... toss them around?!

Spoiler

Oh man you have a fancy white board! I just got a piece of paper...

And I did do my 14 total for the day, hooray!

Spoiler

Archived