Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

After getting out of a meeting where I was politely bitched out for making a stupid mistake (yet another in a long line of relatively very minor but still very stupid mistakes), I found out that I am recieving my university's 2016 Medal Of Technology, for having the highest GPA across the 60-credit degree period. 

I'm smiling through the Imposter Syndrome. :)

• Like 5

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I was walking to work this morning and I saw a young squirrel carefully fluffing his tail. So cute! I also saw a black and white cat later down the road. It was slinking about, as cats do. Yesterday I saw a skunk in a field I passed by. I kept my distance, but it made me smile all the same. :)

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Today was interview number 2 for a job designing and working on diesel engines. Also got an offer from my current part time job that would equal a massive promotion if the 1st job falls through.

• Like 5

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

14 hours ago, insanity said:

Today was interview number 2 for a job designing and working on diesel engines. Also got an offer from my current part time job that would equal a massive promotion if the 1st job falls through.

tumblr_inline_moyeyk5Ct21qz4rgp.gif

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

So good news is HR called me, she is usually part of the second interview, this isn't definitive, but the guys that did the interview didn't have to pass on my name. So I'm taking it as good... *smiles*

• Like 4

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

On 5/20/2016 at 2:38 PM, insanity said:

So good news is HR called me, she is usually part of the second interview, this isn't definitive, but the guys that did the interview didn't have to pass on my name. So I'm taking it as good... *smiles*

Hell...yeah.... Got an offer letter this weekend. 

I'm gonna be smiling for weeks... :-)

• Like 7

My first challenge

On 18 April 2016 at 0:59 AM, Finisterre said:

I left my rats running around in my hallway while I cleaned out their cage, and when I went to get them four of them dashed across the hall to climb up me and sit on my shoulders ^-^  

I know this feeling! Sometimes when I'm cleaning the cage I'll realise that I need something from another room and when I go to leave, they all come running after me and climb up my legs to come with. Such a smile inducer!

Except that one time when I had bare legs. 

On 19 May 2016 at 3:06 AM, insanity said:

12 hours ago, insanity said:

Hell...yeah.... Got an offer letter this weekend. 

I'm gonna be smiling for weeks... :-)

Squeeeeeeeeeeee! Awesome, I'm sooooo happy for you! 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I too have something to smile about. :D

im in hospital right now, getting home on Tuesday, and I have finally(!!!!!) had the operation to fix me. Woohoo!!!!! And as a secondary "Woohoo", I have an answer to what da fuq went wrong. 

It turns out that my pelvis never healed properly after my accident. It was all joined back together, but  the pubis symphesis wasn't stable. Like, at all! (un?)Fortunately for me there was a huge amount of scar tissue all around the pelvis, and scar tissue is fairly rigid and inflexible, which gave the impression that the pelvis itself was stable. 

So... Off I toddle for 3 years, slowly building up my strength, flexibility and stamina, and becoming more and more mobile. At the same time however, this scar tissue is doing what scar tissue does. Slowly softening, becoming more supple and flexible. Starting to stretch. It's a slow process though, and you probably wouldn't notice any difference for a few years. Like maybe 3 of them...

Anyways, long story short, I have now had the op the plate the joint and all seems to have gone well apart from the bone density was pretty poor from all the trauma so I now have two months of bed rest ahead of me to allow the whole thing to fuse and strengthen. 

All in all, I'm one very happy bunny. 

Interestingly enough, when my two months are up it will be exactly 5 years since my accident. It's been a long road but hopefully this is me finally on my way to recovery. I should totally post this as a Woot! :D

• Like 8

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

1 hour ago, Guzzi said:

im in hospital right now, getting home on Tuesday, and I have finally(!!!!!) had the operation to fix me. Woohoo!!!!! And as a secondary "Woohoo", I have an answer to what da fuq went wrong. 

It turns out that my pelvis never healed properly after my accident. It was all joined back together, but  the pubis symphesis wasn't stable. Like, at all! (un?)Fortunately for me there was a huge amount of scar tissue all around the pelvis, and scar tissue is fairly rigid and inflexible, which gave the impression that the pelvis itself was stable. 

So... Off I toddle for 3 years, slowly building up my strength, flexibility and stamina, and becoming more and more mobile. At the same time however, this scar tissue is doing what scar tissue does. Slowly softening, becoming more supple and flexible. Starting to stretch. It's a slow process though, and you probably wouldn't notice any difference for a few years. Like maybe 3 of them...

Anyways, long story short, I have now had the op the plate the joint and all seems to have gone well apart from the bone density was pretty poor from all the trauma so I now have two months of bed rest ahead of me to allow the whole thing to fuse and strengthen. 

Interestingly enough, when my two months are up it will be exactly 5 years since my accident. It's been a long road but hopefully this is me finally on my way to recovery. I should totally post this as a Woot! :D

Very, very cool Guzzi! I am really happy that shit got worked out! So does this mean in 3 years time you are gonna bust out and start smashing squats? 

*righto, settling in to wait* :)

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Well..... At the moment we have to treat it as if I had broken the joint, because they had to cut through it to fix it again. But once the 8 weeks is up I'm allowed to "slowly" start building back up. Realistically, I think my surgeon is going to want me to wait 6-12 months before I can start doing ANY fun stuff. 

After that its pretty much a free-fo-all. :D

• Like 3

Well..... At the moment we have to treat it as if I had broken the joint, because they had to cut through it to fix it again. But once the 8 weeks is up I'm allowed to "slowly" start building back up. Realistically, I think my surgeon is going to want me to wait 6-12 months before I can start doing ANY fun stuff. 

After that its pretty much a free-fo-all. [emoji3]

Listen to your surgeon on how soon you can start doing things. Also make sure he refers you to a physiotherapist as well. You will see much faster results with one than without.

I had 3 surgeries on my right thigh a few years back, didn't have physio after the first, but did after the 2nd & 3rd. It made a huge difference in how soon I could do things and how quickly it healed.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Just know I'm happy and grateful inside.

And smiling :D

You're a wonderful Guzzi, and it was about the damn time

you got some serious good karma coming your way.

Hmpf. Getting all mushy inside again..

'Days are long but years are short'

- it goes both ways.

3 years are shorter than you realize, maybe?

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

'Days are long but years are short'

- it goes both ways.

3 years are shorter than you realise, maybe?

I'm sure you're right, after all - time flies when you're having fun! ;)

16 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

I'm sure you're right, after all, time flies when you're having fun! ;)

:blink: If that's how you're having fun,  your parties must have one hell of a cleanup crew..

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

12 hours ago, Guzzi said:

That is so great! I am glad to hear that you sorted this out. Welcome to "recovery road" (I had knee surgery a few months back)

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Guzzi said:

First off... YAY... I was wondering where you disappeared to.

Second, going to my workbench makes me smile. Not so much because I'm getting ready to have fun, but because it's a weird ass combination of items. So my two main hobbies are recycling and making pens, both of which happen in the garage for various reasons. So if you go to my workbench, you'll see drills, screwdrivers, respirators, various electronics in random states of disassembly.... items like that....

Then you see a tackle box full of different colored glitters, paints and pearl pigments.

• Like 5

My first challenge

I ordered my dad's Father's Day present today.

He recently went to a wildlife sanctuary island in Wales, where there's a colony of puffins. I wanted a puffin. I kept saying 'Dad, bring me a puffin!'

Obviously I meant like a souvenier plush puffin toy.

Pixie got no puffin. =[

So I bought him a plush puffin toy. Because PUFFINS.

200.gif

• Like 3

Level 9 Pixie

I may not be the strongest, the fastest, or the bravest. But I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest.
17 STR ¦ 17 STA ¦ 13 CON ¦ 17 WIS ¦ 13 CHA ¦ 12 DEX

Latest Challenge! , Battle Log! , CHARACTERYAY

1 minute ago, PixieKitten said:

I ordered my dad's Father's Day present today.

He recently went to a wildlife sanctuary island in Wales, where there's a colony of puffins. I wanted a puffin. I kept saying 'Dad, bring me a puffin!'

Obviously I meant like a souvenier plush puffin toy.

Pixie got no puffin. =[

So I bought him a plush puffin toy. Because PUFFINS.

200.gif

Have you been watching them on spring watch?