Forums are back in action! ×

15 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

9/26/16 Monday

Not much to report. It was a bleary, sleep-deprived day. I told the principal that if a second or third grade position opened up for next year that I'd take it. I need a change of pace.

Training: no. Sleep issues. I have to train at 5 am; I'm thinking about trying a pre workout to help get me going. Any advice?

Eating: I bought a bunch of fund-raiser chocolate from an eighth grader. I don't have any chocolate left. I don't even like it all that much.

Nerd: I started working on Star Trek TOS again.

preworkout: coffee with sugar. instant coffee will work just fine since I don't think you brew coffee normally.It's a fraction the cost of anything from GNC and those are mostly caffeine and sugar. If you really want branch chains or something like that, it's cheaper and easier to add and tinker with them seperately.

WEB+PHOTO.jpg?format=1500w

Interesting about the change of pace request. I can certainly appreciate the desire. I've often thought about other professions' paths, like what does a teacher do when he still wants to be a teacher but is just fed up with the current situation. Anything in particular that you hope to get out of this change?

• Like 3

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

17 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

9/26/16 Monday

Not much to report. It was a bleary, sleep-deprived day. I told the principal that if a second or third grade position opened up for next year that I'd take it. I need a change of pace.

My mother used to laugh, saying that she kept getting demoted and if she ever made it to kindergarten, she was going to stop teaching. She retired from teaching as a kindergarten teacher. :adoration: (Okay, technically this was because my parents moved, not because she truly "retired", but it's still funny). 

A change of pace sounds like just what you need. Middle school age is hard. 2nd and 3rd graders still believe their teachers know everything (for the most part at least!).

• Like 4
On September 27, 2016 at 3:06 PM, jstanlick said:

WOOT!!!

:) I'm watching the episode with Kodos.  It's taking me three tries and I've fallen asleep each time.  I don't remember having seen this one before either. 

On September 27, 2016 at 3:11 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That sounds like a good idea. I know you're still recovering from last year and a different age group might help you "get well" faster.

It's funny.  For good or bad, every other year has started as a fresh start.  This is the first year that I've acted as if it was an extension of the year before. 

On September 27, 2016 at 4:02 PM, EricMN said:

I have limited experience with pre-workout. One scoop of Cellucor C4 seems to do what it's supposed to, I always feel more energized when I work out. Two scoops feels slightly excessive and three scoops makes my face tingle and the hairs on my arms stand on end like they're being summoned by a snake charmer. I don't recommend three.

Three scoops sounds like what I'm looking for.  I probably can't handle the crash though. 

12 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

preworkout: coffee with sugar. instant coffee will work just fine since I don't think you brew coffee normally.It's a fraction the cost of anything from GNC and those are mostly caffeine and sugar. If you really want branch chains or something like that, it's cheaper and easier to add and tinker with them seperately.

WEB+PHOTO.jpg?format=1500w

Interesting about the change of pace request. I can certainly appreciate the desire. I've often thought about other professions' paths, like what does a teacher do when he still wants to be a teacher but is just fed up with the current situation. Anything in particular that you hope to get out of this change?

Caffeine doesn't seem to arouse me.  I'm just as bleary with or without it until around 11:00 when my brain finally wakes up, if anything it calms me down. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence that this is common among folks with ADHD, or at least not uncommon.  Maybe a pre workout isn't what I need. 

Teaching isn't a portable profession.  For good or bad I'm stuck in Minneapolis.  Theoretically I could get a job elsewhere, but no district would hire because I'd be too expensive and that would still entail a big pay cut.  There are options within the district.  I just need to decide what I want to do when I grow up.   

I spent the first ten years of my career as a grade school teacher, mostly second grade.  I felt like I was a good teacher and that Besides doing well I was doing good.  As a middle school teacher I feel like I'm adequate, but more of a cog.  Mentally, I'm a holistic elementary teacher, not a content teacher.  For example, if my students can't make a graph because they can't skip count, we practice skip counting.  Most science teachers would break out the iPads and use a graphing program. So I guess I'm hoping to go somewhere where I can feeling like I'm helping students and to feel like I fit in better. 

Minneapolis is has a weak union these days.  Hiring is no longer by seniority.  Since I haven't been a reading or math teacher in so long I have to get experience at the school I'm at in order to have a enlisted chance of getting a position elsewhere. 

10 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

My mother used to laugh, saying that she kept getting demoted and if she ever made it to kindergarten, she was going to stop teaching. She retired from teaching as a kindergarten teacher. :adoration: (Okay, technically this was because my parents moved, not because she truly "retired", but it's still funny). 

A change of pace sounds like just what you need. Middle school age is hard. 2nd and 3rd graders still believe their teachers know everything (for the most part at least!).

:) it's easier going up than down. That must have been hard on her. 

Frankly, I am weary, bone-tired weary of middle-school girl problems. I don't expect second grade to be easier, just different. It's a bit of a long shot anyway, science teachers are hard to find and elementary teachers are a dime a dozen. My principal might not be willing to give me up.

• Like 4

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

9/27/16 Tuesday

I've really worked on avoiding light in the evening and its seemed to help, my sleep has improved and I woke up today (Wednesday) somewhat refreshed.  I was still zombiefied on Tuesday.  I don't recall much of the day.  On one of these days Cirque de Soliel performers were at the kid's circus school for a workshop.  They were playing around in between classes and they are like super-heroes - I mean one-arm handstand push-ups on a rope 20' in the air.  It doesn't even seem possible. There's a level 50 for you Elastigirl. 

Training: no.

Eating: Like an adult, but too many calories. 

Nerd stuff: No.

Did I mention I gave up my STEM class?  Circus is taking up all of my free time, so I gave it up.  We also have a younger, hungrier teacher now who was willing to take it on.  I'll miss all of the Lego time. 

• Like 8

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

:) it's easier going up than down. That must have been hard on her. 

Frankly, I am weary, bone-tired weary of middle-school girl problems. I don't expect second grade to be easier, just different. It's a bit of a long shot anyway, science teachers are hard to find and elementary teachers are a dime a dozen. My principal might not be willing to give me up.

To be honest, she loved it. 

You and me both man, you and me both!

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

9/27/16 Tuesday

Did I mention I gave up my STEM class?  Circus is taking up all of my free time, so I gave it up.  We also have a younger, hungrier teacher now who was willing to take it on.  I'll miss all of the Lego time. 

You know you can buy those without a license, right?

• Like 2

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

18 hours ago, Sylvaa said:
19 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Frankly, I am weary, bone-tired weary of middle-school girl problems.

Y'all are preaching to the choir on that one.

My friend, you work in a thankless position doing a thankless job. The only time people who do not know you personally will probably ever comment on the work you're doing will be to castigate "all teachers" or make snide comments.

As someone who lived with educators for most of my life, I want to make sure you hear from someone in the peanut gallery that what you do matters to some kid, somewhere, right now. Maybe even one of those kids from your "bad" classes. My younger kids' mom was a Level 1 EBD teacher for a decade, spending as much of her time breaking up fights and calling the resource officer as she did teaching classes. She sometimes had multiple siblings from the same family, because messed up families tend to produce messed up kids. And when these kids' families would come in for conferences, sometimes the older kids would come with so they could see her and reconnect with her and she would hear that what she did made a difference. Even the kids who I could only identify from previous recounting ("Remember a couple years ago when I had Kevin in my class" kind of stuff) as being complete reprobates and utter assholes. She made a difference. I have no doubt, from two years of reading your classroom anecdotes, that you do as well. 

My mother worked in the Minneapolis Public Schools from 1978 until she passed away (F*CK CANCER) in 2008. She worked at Andersen for several years, at Hiawatha for quite a while, and was a media/computer lab paraprofessional at Sanford for the last 15 years or so of her career, places where you get a lot of under-served and under-privileged kids who also had behavioral issues. And she loved every one of them, even the jackasses and wannabe bangers, and she told me the same kinds of stories about those kids. And she wasn't even their main teacher for anything. She just gave a damn. And I read the same giving a damn when I read what you write here.

I understand needing to be at peace with your niche in your career. I hope you're able to regain that fit, because I can tell how much you care. Your kids need teachers like you.

• Like 6

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

23 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

9/27/16 Tuesday

I've really worked on avoiding light in the evening and its seemed to help, my sleep has improved and I woke up today (Wednesday) somewhat refreshed.  I was still zombiefied on Tuesday.  I don't recall much of the day.  On one of these days Cirque de Soliel performers were at the kid's circus school for a workshop.  They were playing around in between classes and they are like super-heroes - I mean one-arm handstand push-ups on a rope 20' in the air.  It doesn't even seem possible. There's a level 50 for you Elastigirl. 

Training: no.

Eating: Like an adult, but too many calories. 

Nerd stuff: No.

Oh yeah, I'm working on it right now;)

Glad to hear the sleep is some what improving. 

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

17 hours ago, EricMN said:

As someone who lived with educators for most of my life, I want to make sure you hear from someone in the peanut gallery that what you do matters to some kid, somewhere, right now. Maybe even one of those kids from your "bad" classes. 

Adding to this. As a whole, the teachers who have made the most impact on my children are their male science teachers (I really mean that - not just saying it!). This year, my step-daughter comes home every day with stories about things that happen in her science class (with a male teacher). He's made her really find a subject that she doesn't like interesting. 

None of us know when something we say or do is going to impact someone else's life. Because in most cases, it's something small. A comment or an action that seems insignificant to us might be that pivotal moment for someone else. As a teacher, you get that chance every day you show up. And sure, a lot of days it's going to be a matter of, "today, Mr. Sloth inspired me to make sure I take a shower" but all it takes is one day of, "today, Mr. Sloth made me feel like I deserve to make something out of myself" to make it worthwhile. 

• Like 4
On 9/27/2016 at 3:04 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Training: no. Sleep issues. I have to train at 5 am; I'm thinking about trying a pre workout to help get me going. Any advice?

I ended taking Omar's advice from the below video.  I basically only use the 5g of Creatine and 3g of Beta-Alanine, and that kicks pretty hard.  The Beta-Alanine gives me a super tingling feeling.  It's what most Pre-Workouts use.  I'd recommend just buying a bag of Beta-Alanine and taking a 3g scoop in the morning to see what it does.  Hell, I could give you a small baggie for free if you wanted to try it since I bought a years worth.  Just PM me if you really want to try it.  Could give you 2 weeks worth of Creatine and Beta-Alanine.

On 9/28/2016 at 7:08 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

9/27/16 Tuesday

I've been trying to do the less light thing as well.  Specifically trying to put down my phone within 30 minutes of going to bed.  

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

all it takes is one day of, "today, Mr. Sloth made me feel like I deserve to make something out of myself" to make it worthwhile. 

Up until the start of school last year my daughter absolutely hated math class. At the start of the year, all I heard was,"Why does Mrs. Goll keeping pushing me with so much stuff. She keeps saying my quiz and test scores say I should do the C challenge problems on the homework. The A & B questions are so much easier. I don't even like math. Why is she so hard on me? She doesn't do that to other people."  By the end of the year, she had volunteered to skip a study hall in 8th grade so she could take both Algebra and Geometry from Mrs. Goll. Mrs. Goll ended up changing schools over the summer to work at a school closer to home. My daughter sat at our dinner table the second day of school this year in tears stating, "I miss Mrs. Goll. She was a great teacher."

In the span of one year, math went from her most hated class to her favorite class because of one teacher who helped her see her potential and pushed her to reach for it. Unfortunately, we don't have any contact information for that teacher to even be able to say thank you. You don't always know the impact you have made on someone.

• Like 7

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

On September 28, 2016 at 8:11 PM, Sylvaa said:

To be honest, she loved it. 

Test post.   IPad is eating my posts with quotes again.

I dread Slothgirl's middle school years.  Her emotions are already a battering ram on my calm.

• Like 3

Stupid internet has eaten 3 replies. *sigh* I am anxious for fiber optic Internet to make it to my neighborhood so I can get off of the municipal wi-fi.

Thank you everyone for the kind remarks. I'll try to reply again when we have a better connection. This year is actually starting off better than any I've had at this particular school in ten years. My mindset is the problem. I'm still primed from last year. I'm focusing on the one or two kids per class who are a problem (they're BIG problems though) and not seeing the other 26.

The other problem I have is that there is a new teacher next door again and I'm sitting on her problem kids most days. So I get 2-4 tough kids per hour and I get to see them twice a day.

Today a girl put a note in my box thanking me for making her work hard and for helping her so much. I was very surprised to see it. And very appreciative. The new teacher's mentor told her today that she should channel her inner Mr. Sloth. That was nice to hear too. Two nice things and all your nice comments may be more than my old stoney heart can bear.

• Like 13

13 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Two nice things and all your nice comments may be more than my old stoney heart can bear.

Your forum presence helping other rebellion members isn't too bad either.

• Like 7

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Your forum presence helping other rebellion members isn't too bad either.

It still cracks me up when you speak Minnesotan at me. My presence has been lacking lately, I'm trying to get back into encouragement mode. After I get the training habit back in place I'm going to do another positivity goal. I think that will improve my life and work immensely.

Pre-workout experiment. Once again I ignored TML's advice. I had some time to kill in Highland (shopping district) and went into GNC. The guy downsold me from Cellucor into something that was cheaper and he said had more of the "good stuff" and less of the "gimmicks" and caffeine of the many other choices he sold. I can't read the label even with my strongest readers, but beta-alanin is the first ingredient.

I tried it today, just half a serving. It took about 15 minutes to kick in. It hurt my stomach right away. The next affect was that I had to poo really badly, right away (I won't be using this before a race). Once it kicked in everything got brighter and my monkey brain calmed down and was able to focus on doing my workout. There was a mild euphoric effect and I did a Wild Wolf style hype dance as I warmed up. I can't say that I was energized though.

This is almost exactly the effect I had when I took Adderall, but it was like half a dose. I don't discount the possibility that this is entirely psychosomatic, but so far it seems like the experiment is worth continuing. Once I use up this jar I think I'll try Rook's homemade recipe.

9/30/16 Friday

Not a bad day at work. I'm co-teaching with the choir teacher during the hour right after lunch, which happens to be my, and everyone else's, most difficult hour. His job is to help me implement art integration. We spent two days getting the kids to write and perform a short rap about mass, weight, and gravity. It was supposed to take half an hour. This isn't a complaint BTW.

We lost power last hour. I have a student who was just released from a mental health facility who can't handle change. I quickly handed out big paper and markers and we made posters. He likes to color -> crisis averted.

Training: not much, a little shovelglove. This has been my M.O. all week.

Eating: Doing okay. I've been having a fund raiser candy bar for breakfast. Otherwise eating like an adult.

Nerd Stuff: Slothgirl and Slothmom are making an Ewok Halloween costume and I bought Slothboy the Yoda costume he wanted. I might wear a Jar Jar Binks mask just so I can talk funny.

Hype dance inducing song.

• Like 9

Glad you found something to help the ADD. Remember when you used to be able to read labels on the pill bottles? I miss that. Now I just sort of squint, and end up making up my own words.:lol:

• Like 4

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On September 29, 2016 at 9:16 AM, The Most Loathed said:

You know you can buy those without a license, right?

I actually have have a bucket full of NXTs at home. I don't have a way to program them right now.

I really enjoyed when the class settled in and we got in the zone and the boys and I could just sit around and build and program. I can't believe I got paid for that. 

On September 29, 2016 at 2:10 PM, EricMN said:

Y'all are preaching to the choir on that one.

My friend, you work in a thankless position doing a thankless job. The only time people who do not know you personally will probably ever comment on the work you're doing will be to castigate "all teachers" or make snide comments.

As someone who lived with educators for most of my life, I want to make sure you hear from someone in the peanut gallery that what you do matters to some kid, somewhere, right now. Maybe even one of those kids from your "bad" classes. My younger kids' mom was a Level 1 EBD teacher for a decade, spending as much of her time breaking up fights and calling the resource officer as she did teaching classes. She sometimes had multiple siblings from the same family, because messed up families tend to produce messed up kids. And when these kids' families would come in for conferences, sometimes the older kids would come with so they could see her and reconnect with her and she would hear that what she did made a difference. Even the kids who I could only identify from previous recounting ("Remember a couple years ago when I had Kevin in my class" kind of stuff) as being complete reprobates and utter assholes. She made a difference. I have no doubt, from two years of reading your classroom anecdotes, that you do as well. 

My mother worked in the Minneapolis Public Schools from 1978 until she passed away (F*CK CANCER) in 2008. She worked at Andersen for several years, at Hiawatha for quite a while, and was a media/computer lab paraprofessional at Sanford for the last 15 years or so of her career, places where you get a lot of under-served and under-privileged kids who also had behavioral issues. And she loved every one of them, even the jackasses and wannabe bangers, and she told me the same kinds of stories about those kids. And she wasn't even their main teacher for anything. She just gave a damn. And I read the same giving a damn when I read what you write here.

I understand needing to be at peace with your niche in your career. I hope you're able to regain that fit, because I can tell how much you care. Your kids need teachers like you.

Thanks for your kind words.  I got a little misty when I first read them. EBD teachers should just automatically be sainted. I don't know how they keep doing their job. It sounds like your mother was a saint too.  

On September 29, 2016 at 6:38 PM, Elastigirl said:

Oh yeah, I'm working on it right now;)

Glad to hear the sleep is some what improving. 

Sure that's a level 50 skill, but you keep working more consistently than anyone I know. 

On September 30, 2016 at 7:33 AM, Sylvaa said:

Adding to this. As a whole, the teachers who have made the most impact on my children are their male science teachers (I really mean that - not just saying it!). This year, my step-daughter comes home every day with stories about things that happen in her science class (with a male teacher). He's made her really find a subject that she doesn't like interesting. 

None of us know when something we say or do is going to impact someone else's life. Because in most cases, it's something small. A comment or an action that seems insignificant to us might be that pivotal moment for someone else. As a teacher, you get that chance every day you show up. And sure, a lot of days it's going to be a matter of, "today, Mr. Sloth inspired me to make sure I take a shower" but all it takes is one day of, "today, Mr. Sloth made me feel like I deserve to make something out of myself" to make it worthwhile. 

Thanks.  I do hear from parents that my class is their favorite and a highlight. 

On September 30, 2016 at 8:01 AM, The Most Loathed said:

The value of this lesson on kids, especially teens, should not be overlooked.

I am am more than ready to let that lesson be someone else's responsibility. 

On September 30, 2016 at 1:29 PM, Rooks said:

I ended taking Omar's advice from the below video.  I basically only use the 5g of Creatine and 3g of Beta-Alanine, and that kicks pretty hard.  The Beta-Alanine gives me a super tingling feeling.  It's what most Pre-Workouts use.  I'd recommend just buying a bag of Beta-Alanine and taking a 3g scoop in the morning to see what it does.  Hell, I could give you a small baggie for free if you wanted to try it since I bought a years worth.  Just PM me if you really want to try it.  Could give you 2 weeks worth of Creatine and Beta-Alanine.

I've been trying to do the less light thing as well.  Specifically trying to put down my phone within 30 minutes of going to bed.  

Thansk, that's a kind offer.  I had some time to kill in Highland and went into GNC and was down sold from Cellucor to something that was mostly beta alanin, creatine, and caffeine.  He said the other stuff was a gimmick. I haven't tried it yet. 

Yep, no screens, orange goggles, sleep mask and I can almost sleep as well as a normal person. 

On September 30, 2016 at 2:42 PM, jstanlick said:

Up until the start of school last year my daughter absolutely hated math class. At the start of the year, all I heard was,"Why does Mrs. Goll keeping pushing me with so much stuff. She keeps saying my quiz and test scores say I should do the C challenge problems on the homework. The A & B questions are so much easier. I don't even like math. Why is she so hard on me? She doesn't do that to other people."  By the end of the year, she had volunteered to skip a study hall in 8th grade so she could take both Algebra and Geometry from Mrs. Goll. Mrs. Goll ended up changing schools over the summer to work at a school closer to home. My daughter sat at our dinner table the second day of school this year in tears stating, "I miss Mrs. Goll. She was a great teacher."

In the span of one year, math went from her most hated class to her favorite class because of one teacher who helped her see her potential and pushed her to reach for it. Unfortunately, we don't have any contact information for that teacher to even be able to say thank you. You don't always know the impact you have made on someone.

Everyone deserves a Mrs. Goll.  I don't think I'm anyone's Mrs. Goll except perhaps the autistic students.  We always seem to have a strong connection. I ran into my Mrs. Golly a dozen years after high school. He didn't remember me, but I'm glad I had the chance to thank him. 

• Like 5

On September 30, 2016 at 7:20 PM, The Most Loathed said:

Test post looks good. Good luck with life with teens, very soon.

The internet was too slow and was timing out on me. 

I'll be too old to deal with teens once I have them. 

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You as Jar-Jar brings a smile to my face.

I do do want to make you happy.  I think I'm going to order a Jawa costume.  The I only have to say, "Utinni."

22 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Glad you found something to help the ADD. Remember when you used to be able to read labels on the pill bottles? I miss that. Now I just sort of squint, and end up making up my own words.:lol:

I guess I could self-medicate with pre-workout.  It might be easier than trying to get a scrip for a controlled substance from Health Partners. 

Just when I started to get decent at painting mini figures my eyes went out. I finally tossed my half-fining shed figures last weekend. 

• Like 5

10/1/16 Saturday

I spent the afternoon cleaning the house.  Afterwards we went to a retirement party for my wife's boss.  It was a really swanky affair. I was aghast when I found out the per plate price.  We were seated at a table with crazy ladys. You know the type - incessant, insistent chatter that's in your face and prying into your personal life and space. Because of Facebook these people I didn't know were able to ask really personal questions. It was really hard for me to take and it set me off. 

We left after a couple of hours and went straight to our 30th high school reunion. I would never go to my own reunion, but Mrs. Sloth and I went to school together, so I went to hers.  I only talked to like five people in high school, no one knew me.

Old fat guy: Oh, you're married to Cyndi? Where did you go to school?

Me: With you.

I was already in a pissy mood, but I tried my best. I really did.  I ended up socializing with a few people that I knew in real life.  Mrs. Sloth took pity on me and we left after an hour or so.  There was a couple there whose kids I taught.  They introduced me around to our fellow classmates. :)

My college girlfriend Facebook messaged me and asked if I wanted my first mountain bike back. Hell yeah.  It's almost 30 years old, but before I gave it to her I upgraded it and built it into a snazzy commuter.  I bet she never rode it and it's still in great shape.  Mrs. Sloth also assented to my buying a new road bike if I can't find a used one I like.  She thought it would cheaper than teacher PTSD therapy. Things are looking up. 

Training: 3 rounds Shovelglove at 12#. Time to move back up to 16#.

Eating: Dumbassery. The food at the party wasn't dairy-free, but I wasn't going to spend $50/plate and not eat. Two drinks, one was strong.

Nerdery: none

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I only talked to like five people in high school, no one knew me.

Why so many? The main reason I want to go to my 30th reunion is to show off my six pack. I've got 18 months.

Found you and following for the biking.

• Like 4

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius