Forums are back in action! ×

On 7/24/2017 at 10:37 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Eating: I grabbed a smashburger on the way to the trail. It had goat cheese on it, which I washed down with a Coke. I guess eating super clean starts tomorrow. 

The one and only time I had a Smashburger, I was in an airport... somewhere.... wow where the heck was I.  I can't remember that BUT I can remember how amazing that goddamn burger was, so clearly that's the part that mattered.

(i think it was philadelphia)

On 7/24/2017 at 10:37 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Accts: not balanced. It's like I'm not even trying to be an adult. 

ADULTING IS OVERRATED *buys a bouncy house and spends all weekend playing video games and eating otter pops*

• Like 3

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

I committed the sin of hubris and the gods slapped me back into my place. I was feeling confident, perhaps even overconfident, about Saturday's race. I even said so aloud. 

This afternoon I went on a little ride to keep my legs supple. I was feeling good, too good. I went off a small drop and "crack" my seat broke. I rode 2-3 miles back to the car with one cheek about an inch higher than the other. 

My back is jacked up now. My delicate, snowflake tush rides a saddle that is nearly impossible to find in the US, so I'll be riding one I'm not used to, which means my tush will be sore in new places on Saturday. A mm is a huge amount to your knees when you're used to your seat height; I'm having a devil of a time dialing that back in. 

I'm no longer overconfident. 

File this under First World Problems. 

• Like 9

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

On 7/25/2017 at 0:11 AM, Marauder said:

My heavy kettlebell has been sitting in the kitchen hallway for about a month holding down a seam I repaired in the floor.  My husband just grabbed it the other day and asked if he thought it might need another month or two to cure. 

33b4522a891651afa854d20d9ff5c61c.gif

I've got one holding my closet door closed that needs repairing.  Isn't that what KBs are for?! Home repair?

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I committed the sin of hubris and the gods slapped me back into my place. I was feeling confident, perhaps even overconfident, about Saturday's race. I even said so aloud. 

This afternoon I went on a little ride to keep my legs supple. I was feeling good, too good. I went off a small drop and "crack" my seat broke. I rode 2-3 miles back to the car with one cheek about an inch higher than the other. 

My back is jacked up now. My delicate, snowflake tush rides a saddle that is nearly impossible to find in the US, so I'll be riding one I'm not used to, which means my tush will be sore in new places on Saturday. A mm is a huge amount to your knees when you're used to your seat height; I'm having a devil of a time dialing that back in. 

Oh nooo sloth I'm sorry!  Is there anything you can modify on the replacement saddle to help your snowflake bum  along?  =/  That's really a bummer.  Do you have room in your training to get a ride in tomorrow on the new one or do you think that would just mess up you more and you're just gonna wait and go for it on Saturday?

• Like 1
On July 24, 2017 at 11:11 PM, Marauder said:

My heavy kettlebell has been sitting in the kitchen hallway for about a month holding down a seam I repaired in the floor.  My husband just grabbed it the other day and asked if he thought it might need another month or two to cure. 

33b4522a891651afa854d20d9ff5c61c.gif

Haha.  If you have more home projects you can borrow my bells while your floor finishes curing. 

On July 25, 2017 at 3:29 PM, LouCarJo said:

I just demanded to go out for pizza as I'd had to stay home all day waiting for a delivery and had cabin fever.  Not much adult there either ;-)

(The pizza was amazing though - prosciutto and sun dried tomatoes and pineapple and mozzarella, and I only had half and got salad on the other half, so probably makes me half adult.  Aka child...)

Prosciutto and pineapple are the best. My esteem for you went even higher. 

13 hours ago, shaar said:

The one and only time I had a Smashburger, I was in an airport... somewhere.... wow where the heck was I.  I can't remember that BUT I can remember how amazing that goddamn burger was, so clearly that's the part that mattered.

(i think it was philadelphia)

ADULTING IS OVERRATED *buys a bouncy house and spends all weekend playing video games and eating otter pops*

Adulting is the worst and bouncy houses are the best!!!   Ummmm, otter pops?!?

Smashburgers are good.  I can't compare them to the other esteemed burgers, but I give them a 10/10 will risk a belly ache for. 

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

I've got one holding my closet door closed that needs repairing.  Isn't that what KBs are for?! Home repair?

Oh nooo sloth I'm sorry!  Is there anything you can modify on the replacement saddle to help your snowflake bum  along?  =/  That's really a bummer.  Do you have room in your training to get a ride in tomorrow on the new one or do you think that would just mess up you more and you're just gonna wait and go for it on Saturday?

Hah.  Don't mind me, I'm just whining. The good thing is this saddle is from my old mountain bike and I have a good 10'000 miles on it. The big problem is the pressure points are different than I'm used to right now and I'm gauranteed a couple of saddle sores.

The plan is to leave here right after lunch which will get us to Wausua in the late afternoon with plenty of time to ride one lap. I'll get the saddle height dialed in, relearn the course, and regain some confidence. 

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:11 PM, Marauder said:

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

6a5cfba1cb0eefba2c3be559985bc703c77a55a0

• Like 4

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

Step-Mother-in-law is in town for her 50th class reunion. That has caused some disruption to our routine. I still managed to get in an hour of mountain biking in at a slow and steady pace every day. Exactly according to plan. I didn't bother doing anything else. 

I've been eating well; no triggers were purposely consumed. I've taken lactaid with every meal just in case some delicious dairy snuck in to my food when no one was paying attention. 

Money has still not been dealt with. The plan is to start acting like an adult again when I get back from the race. 

Minor family drama because apparently Slothboy is not this grandma's favorite grandchild either. Poor kid. I think he's lovely and the grandmas don't know what they're missing, but I might be biased 'cause he's a mini-me. He's going camping with a friend's family while I'm racing; he'll have a great time - Slothgirl and Mrs. Sloth will join me for parking lot camping; they'll get bored. 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Minor family drama because apparently Slothboy is not this grandma's favorite grandchild either. Poor kid. I think he's lovely and the grandmas don't know what they're missing, 

Aw, this makes me sad. He's my favourite. *waves Slothboy flag*

• Like 4

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Minor family drama because apparently Slothboy is not this grandma's favorite grandchild either. Poor kid. I think he's lovely and the grandmas don't know what they're missing, but I might be biased 'cause he's a mini-me. He's going camping with a friend's family while I'm racing; he'll have a great time - Slothgirl and Mrs. Sloth will join me for parking lot camping; they'll get bored. 

At least they're learning now.  It took me until my grandma's funeral to have it properly confirmed, when people kept saying to me things like,"oh you're the one who didn't [insert laudable thing here]".  Somewhat annoying as I was the only grandchild who actually attended the funeral!  My aunt, who has openly never liked me, at almost 70 has completely morphed into how I mainly remember my grandma, so i figure it's a personality clash thing and I was doomed from the start.

Hope the back and bum survive!

• Like 2
On 7/24/2017 at 9:37 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

My kettlebells have cobwebs on them. 

On 7/24/2017 at 11:11 PM, Marauder said:

Mine has been holding a piece of baseboard molding in place for six months.

11 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Ugh. This is far worse than me losing my best bandanna. I hope Saturday goes better than you're expecting now.

• Like 2

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

8 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I am not my grandma's favorite either (that place has belonged to my cousin since pretty much birth) so I understand the family drama at his age. I am my grandpa's favorite though, and he is so much cooler than my grandma anyway. (True story: last time we went to visit my grandparents, my grandma told my daughter how I was, "a little shit" when I was younger - we still laugh about that). Just tell him he's your favorite, I'm sure he'll like that better.

Hope you have a good race despite the potential for angry tush.  How long is this race? 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

9 hours ago, deftona said:

:) It's nice to know he has you in his corner. 

7 hours ago, LouCarJo said:

At least they're learning now.  It took me until my grandma's funeral to have it properly confirmed, when people kept saying to me things like,"oh you're the one who didn't [insert laudable thing here]".  Somewhat annoying as I was the only grandchild who actually attended the funeral!  My aunt, who has openly never liked me, at almost 70 has completely morphed into how I mainly remember my grandma, so i figure it's a personality clash thing and I was doomed from the start.

Hope the back and bum survive!

Thanks.

that sounds terrible. That was my wife for a while, but in the last decade people seemed to figure out she was actually the nice one. 

Slothboy's problem isn't so much a personality clash as it's that he's not a cute girl-child. 

2 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

Good luck with the ride. Changing seats right before a race seems like a real....wait for it...pain in the ass.

Image result for gif punchline

Hahahahahahahaha.  

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Yeah, but the seam in my floor looks...

tenor.gif

It's true, kettlebells makes everything look amazing.  I bet if I'd use mine once in a while my ass would look amazing. 

44 minutes ago, EricMN said:

Ugh. This is far worse than me losing my best bandanna. I hope Saturday goes better than you're expecting now.

You also lost a cool sleeveless jersey. That's a tough combination to replace.

Thanks.

30 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

I am not my grandma's favorite either (that place has belonged to my cousin since pretty much birth) so I understand the family drama at his age. I am my grandpa's favorite though, and he is so much cooler than my grandma anyway. (True story: last time we went to visit my grandparents, my grandma told my daughter how I was, "a little shit" when I was younger - we still laugh about that). Just tell him he's your favorite, I'm sure he'll like that better.

Ha. Mrs. Sloth gets a lot of that from her relatives. Grandpas are definitely better that way, way cooler benefits. 

24 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

Hope you have a good race despite the potential for angry tush.  How long is this race? 

Thanks.  It's a six hour race.  My goal is 70 miles in under seven hours, 60 miles would be good too, anything under that and I'll be disappointed in myself. It's hard to be precise setting a goal without knowing exactly how long the laps are and what segments they've included. 

• Like 5

Oh no that bike seat problem

Sounds like a real....

... Pain in the ass......

I'll see myself out. :]

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

2 hours ago, EricMN said:

This made me laugh outloud.  I guess this really does confirm KBs true purposes are for home repair and home styling.

11 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Hah.  Don't mind me, I'm just whining. The good thing is this saddle is from my old mountain bike and I have a good 10'000 miles on it. The big problem is the pressure points are different than I'm used to right now and I'm gauranteed a couple of saddle sores.

Whining is totally allowed and I think justified in this case, but only because it's right before a race.  It is kind of a bummer.  But I'm sure you'll totally rock it out anyway!  Good luck tomorrow!

11 hours ago, deftona said:

Me too me too!

sloth-mode-on-home-flag.jpg

• Like 2

National Night Out is coming up. I just heard the next block over is getting a DJ, a keg of sour beer, and a bouncy house. We're getting ice cream and lawn chairs.

Brb, gotta move.

Sounds like you need to crash their party.  A word of warning - drinking and bouncy houses do not make the best of friends.  LS has the scar to prove it.  

• Like 4

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

The first half of the course is fast, the second half is very rugged. Laps are 12.5 or 13 miles long.

The race will start with a half mile run for the Le Mans start and an extra mile or two of jeep track to spread us out.

With the extra time at the start I don't think I'll get more than 5 laps in before 6 hours. Therefore I'm looking at 63 miles tomorrow.

The course is fun, they're running it backwards compared to every single time I've ridden here. It's like a brand new trail.

I'm so excited for tomorrow it's almost visible on my face.

• Like 12

I'm so excited for tomorrow it's almost visible on my face.

Go forth amd be awesome, Sloth! 

And hopefully your butt wont hurt too much. 

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

I did 5 laps as predicted, but it took an hour longer than expected. I was on pace for the first half then started cramping like a mofo. All in the groin area (stabilizer muscles are weak from not mountain biking enough).

At one point I was off the bike, bent over, massaging my groin and grunting in pain. A guy bikes by and shouts, "Are you o... never mind." I felt compelled to shout back, "I'm cramping. I'm rubbing it out." Which, in retrospect, wasn't the best phrase in this situation. It made me think of you guys.

I had a great starting spot. Second row, right on the edge. After five steps about half the race passed me. It occurred to me that my sprint and 10k pace were about the same, so I cruised the rest of the run out at a slow and steady pace.

Had I stayed on pace I would have medaled. That's a big if, but we decided to take our summer trip after this race next year so I can train consistently.

ETA: Tush was actually in good shape, except for the time when my pedal hit a stump and the seat gave me an unexpected and unwanted anal intrusion. That took a while to get over. 

• Like 20