Forums are back in action! ×

Battle Kitten: Ascension

2 minutes ago, Neeko said:

This made me literally laugh out loud. I'm so tired this morning. lol Are you gonna catch the mousey?

Alternately, you could open all of your roommate's evil guest's food containers so that the mouse has easier access. 

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Just now, NeverThatBored said:

Alternately, you could open all of your roommate's food containers so that the mouse has easier access. 

Oh my gosh, yes! Then you could have a new little mouse friend!

• Like 2

Level 1 Elf Rebel Ranger

STR 0.15 || DEX 0.00 || STA 0.36 || CON 4.71 || WIS 6.47 || CHA 3.32

Character Profile || Fitbit

Battle Log || Current Challenge

I like you guys. You're evil. The thing is our cabinet door doesn't shut all the way (even when you shut it, which she doesnt. Because leaving it wide open is easier) so they can jump on the toaster oven and get onto the first shelf. Which is where her shit is. When my actual roommate actually kept food there the mouse at the time feasted for weeks. 

Sadly I put the trap out the other night and I'm pretty sure it's already in there. I didn't have time this morning to check and release it. Hopefully it scares the shit out of her later. 

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

So you know that website "reasons my son is crying"? And it's all just ridiculous things kids cry about? I might have to start one about myself. Current reason: roommate got me an ice cream cake. And I feel bad because I don't really like ice cream cake, and also it's dairy. So now I'm all upset because it's a waste of money and I can't/won't eat it. And also she said it was either that (it's Hello Kitty shaped) or cupcakes "that were essentially bi colors" but Hello Kitty won out. And like... so close. So I'm also quietly shaking my fist like "why don't you pay more attention when I say I have acid reflux and can't eat certain things? why are you never around? how are we friends/roommates and never hang out and I feel kind of awkward when we're in the same room because I feel like I don't know how to relate to you?" Okay that went farther than I thought but it's still true. Initially I was just upset because I know I've complained about the reflux before. 

Basically today has been super dumb because I've been upset for mostly-legitimate reasons and then that spills over into stupid things. Like a fucking cake. Or more fun things like even though I never do anything for my birthday, I feel like I've wasted this one being upset and sad. Which I didn't do on purpose anyway? And also even though my mother sent me an e-card and I'm going home in 10 days, I didn't get a birthday card or a phone call. Both of which I usually get when I'm not there. And what's upsetting me is that this is just another sign that things are different. (And maybe that she'll never send me a card or call me on my birthday ever again?) I know she obviously didn't forget. But she can't really deal with going to the post office, and where she used to be up super late every night she's now knocked out really early thanks to one of her medications and I don't get home til around 9 during the week so of course she wouldn't be able to call me. And everything just fucking blows. And I know I'm going to spend the entire hour in my therapist's office on Thursday crying about my fucking birthday and that's so fucking stupid. 

Also this happened today:

me - I got rid of my car just in time, because street sweeping starts tomorrow. [can't park on one side of the street wednesday mornings, the other side on thursday]

roommate - does K know?

me -  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

idk if she told her but she didn't yell at me for not caring. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

But your "stupid things" are also completely legitimate. It's a terrible feeling when someone you consider your friend, or someone who should at least know a certain number of things about you, reveals that they understand you less than you thought. It hurts. 

Example: I've been doing bootcamp for closing on 2 years now. I referenced it in a conversation with a teammate at work, and she kind of blinked at me and said "what kind of bootcamp?" I had been doing it FOR A YEAR at that point. Other coworkers knew about it. And somehow she didn't, and that was deeply frustrating because I know all about her boyfriend and her neighbors and her weekend plans and she didn't even know this basic thing about me that I did EVERY WEEK FOR A YEAR at that point. 

Plus, it's such a frustrating feeling when someone gets you a gift you have to reject! It's not stupid or trivial to be upset about that. 

• Like 5

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

The latest in the dipshit plumber saga: he calls me and leaves a message asking me to call. Calls roommate next and asks "are y'all gonna pay me?" We haven't gotten a bill (which he said he'd leave in the mailbox) and haven't heard from him since the night he fixed it. He tells her it's $960 and "I'll come by tonight to pick up the check." Neither of us actually carries a checkbook, I'm not gonna be home til 9, she's getting home super late too bc she goes to a climbing gym in Virginia after work. Dafuq dude. But she's not paying him unless we get a physical bill. Just emailed the landlord to see if for some reason dude sent it to him. In Slovenia. Which I am doubtful of but it also wouldn't surprise me somehow. How do you run your business like this though ugh. 

4 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

But your "stupid things" are also completely legitimate. It's a terrible feeling when someone you consider your friend, or someone who should at least know a certain number of things about you, reveals that they understand you less than you thought. It hurts. 

Example: I've been doing bootcamp for closing on 2 years now. I referenced it in a conversation with a teammate at work, and she kind of blinked at me and said "what kind of bootcamp?" I had been doing it FOR A YEAR at that point. Other coworkers knew about it. And somehow she didn't, and that was deeply frustrating because I know all about her boyfriend and her neighbors and her weekend plans and she didn't even know this basic thing about me that I did EVERY WEEK FOR A YEAR at that point. 

Plus, it's such a frustrating feeling when someone gets you a gift you have to reject! It's not stupid or trivial to be upset about that. 

This makes me feel better. High five. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Ughhhh that plumber. Isn't this the kind of thing your landlord should be paying for anyway?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Ughhhh that plumber. Isn't this the kind of thing your landlord should be paying for anyway?

He is, ultimately. Roommate is covering it in lieu of paying rent for a month and some change. They worked it out and I'm not questioning it lol.

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Definitely feeling better. Will cry it out with my therapist again tomorrow I'm sure, but it was definitely just the day itself getting to me I think. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

5 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Definitely feeling better. Will cry it out with my therapist again tomorrow I'm sure, but it was definitely just the day itself getting to me I think. 

If it makes you feel any better I spent most of my 25th birthday crying... whilst in Paris of all places. I got a throat infection and barely slept and felt really lonely all day even though I was with a friend. I have no doubt that my day would've been easier if it hadn't been my birthday but because it was, my mind came up with a bazillion reasons to feel sorry for myself. Way to ruin a trip to Paris haha. Amazing pastries though... they could not be tainted by tears ;) 

• Like 5
40 minutes ago, Owlet said:

If it makes you feel any better I spent most of my 25th birthday crying... whilst in Paris of all places. I got a throat infection and barely slept and felt really lonely all day even though I was with a friend. I have no doubt that my day would've been easier if it hadn't been my birthday but because it was, my mind came up with a bazillion reasons to feel sorry for myself. Way to ruin a trip to Paris haha. Amazing pastries though... they could not be tainted by tears ;) 

Oh noooo. Getting sick abroad is the worst. And on your birthday to boot! :( damn you, now I want pain au chocolat

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

pain au chocolat

I know what this actually means, but I always see it and think "pain of chocolate."

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

I know what this actually means, but I always see it and think "pain of chocolate."

It's applicable for me since chocolate triggers reflux, so there's that. =P

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Bitch moment of the day: when I left at 8 K's car was still parked on the street sweeping side and I was pleased. However I was viscerally disappointed just now to see someone tweet a picture of a warning on their car instead of a ticket. Granted it was on the opposite side of the city but given that this is the first week maybe they're not issuing tickets. So sad. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

27 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Bitch moment of the day: when I left at 8 K's car was still parked on the street sweeping side and I was pleased. However I was viscerally disappointed just now to see someone tweet a picture of a warning on their car instead of a ticket. Granted it was on the opposite side of the city but given that this is the first week maybe they're not issuing tickets. So sad. 

Well, you know how annoyed she would be to get a ticket in HER neighbourhood. Which she thinks is such a ghetto.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21 ~ 22

Forum avatar is custom art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi

2 minutes ago, Severine said:

Well, you know how annoyed she would be to get a ticket in HER neighbourhood. Which she thinks is such a ghetto.

giphy.gif

I'm honestly just waiting for her to give me an opening at this point. I struggled not to say anything after the shooting last week but I figured that would have been an actual dick move rather than me just thinking I'm being a dick. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Honestly if it were me, I would tell roommate she has 1 week to speak to K and that if she didn't, I would do it. Because it's going on what...2 months now, that she's living there for free? She's making your house less pleasant and less usable, and she's making your life worse. That's totally bullshit.

And I think your roommate is letting you down on this. She complains to you about K, but does nothing. And she's there so seldom, as I understand it, that it mostly doesn't affect her that much. I honestly don't think she plans to talk to K, either because she doesn't want to make waves or she's hoping she'll just leave or whatever. But I think she complains to you about K so you feel like she's on your side, to appease you, without her having to actually do anything to fix the problem.

There's no need to do it in a dick way. Just strictly business. Like, "Hey K, so you've been here X time, and that's a lot more than was originally planned. Roommate and I have talked about it, and if you're going to stay beyond the end of this week you need to start paying $X rent per week. A check payable to _____ is fine, or cash. If you decide to move out instead, we can be a reference for you if you want. Thanks for understanding!"

• Like 4

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21 ~ 22

12 hours ago, Severine said:

Honestly if it were me, I would tell roommate she has 1 week to speak to K and that if she didn't, I would do it. Because it's going on what...2 months now, that she's living there for free? She's making your house less pleasant and less usable, and she's making your life worse. That's totally bullshit.

And I think your roommate is letting you down on this. She complains to you about K, but does nothing. And she's there so seldom, as I understand it, that it mostly doesn't affect her that much. I honestly don't think she plans to talk to K, either because she doesn't want to make waves or she's hoping she'll just leave or whatever. But I think she complains to you about K so you feel like she's on your side, to appease you, without her having to actually do anything to fix the problem.

There's no need to do it in a dick way. Just strictly business. Like, "Hey K, so you've been here X time, and that's a lot more than was originally planned. Roommate and I have talked about it, and if you're going to stay beyond the end of this week you need to start paying $X rent per week. A check payable to _____ is fine, or cash. If you decide to move out instead, we can be a reference for you if you want. Thanks for understanding!"

Ugggggh I am incapable of being straightforward like that. although I will try. And either copy what you wrote or solicit feedback here on my own thing before I send it lol. I just texted roommate and asked if she's planning on having that conversation still. If she asks why I'll def tell her that having K around is pinging my anxiety. (Which only has a 50/50 shot at resonating but whatever.) She's stupid busy this weekend so I don't see it happening but who knows. I'm at the point where I'll probably send an email if I have to do it. Partly because I'm a chicken and partly because this girl keeps ridiculous hours and trying to catch her at the house means nothing.  

Oh christ. So our theory is that landlord will let us stay upstairs when he comes back, given that he emailed the basement dweller and said he's out when his lease is up bc landlord is going to move down there, and bcc'd roommate on that email. We need to make sure K never gets wind of this because technically there's a third bedroom upstairs, but all landlord's shit is in there now. It would be slightly different if she were an actual roommate who paid rent, but I still can't stand her and that predates all of this anyway so yeah. No. Please.  

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

BTW my second idea was to repeatedly scream "Stop taking handouts you freeloader! Pull yourself up by your bootstraps!" while hitting her over the head with a big foam republican elephant with Trump's face on the side. 

So feel free to steal that idea if you like it better.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, fleaball said:

I just texted roommate and asked if she's planning on having that conversation still. If she asks why I'll def tell her that having K around is pinging my anxiety.

BTW: I would suggest something more like, "Well she's living here for free which means I'm subsidizing her, and that's not okay. She's not my friend and her being here makes it less relaxing for me to be at home. If I'm going to have to share space with her, it should at least save me some rent money."

Don't make it about your anxiety. That makes it sound like a thing other people would be fine with but you have a special sensitivity to. Nope! People living for free in other people's houses is not normal unless they're close friends or family helping each other out. This woman is a stranger to you. It should be totally obvious why you don't want her taking up space in your house, making you less able to relax, for free.

Sorry for spamming your thread.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Severine said:

BTW my second idea was to repeatedly scream "Stop taking handouts you freeloader! Pull yourself up by your bootstraps!" while hitting her over the head with a big foam republican elephant with Trump's face on the side. 

So feel free to steal that idea if you like it better.

I definitely like this idea better but getting arrested for assault and battery doesn't sound fun. 

My therapist cannot get over the fact that she's a hardcore republican and mooching off other people like this. 

4 minutes ago, Severine said:

BTW: I would suggest something more like, "Well she's living here for free which means I'm subsidizing her, and that's not okay. She's not my friend and her being here makes it less relaxing for me to be at home. If I'm going to have to share space with her, it should at least save me some rent money."

Don't make it about your anxiety. That makes it sound like a thing other people would be fine with but you have a special sensitivity to. Nope! People living for free in other people's houses is not normal unless they're close friends or family helping each other out. This woman is a stranger to you. It should be totally obvious why you don't want her taking up space in your house, making you less able to relax, for free.

Sorry for spamming your thread.

Spam away. Your explanation makes sense. I was gonna bring up the anxiety (because it's true and she is affecting that as well) to sort of underscore "I'm going to fucking lose it if this goes on" but I see your point. 

No answer from roommate yet. Not sure if she's been that busy or if she's just avoiding me. Probably the former but that would be the rational explanation and we know my brain doesn't like that. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Roommate just texted me and asked if we have a neighbor named Lawrence. (I have no idea.) Because someone named Lawrence signed for K's package and said package is nowhere to be found. I'm fucking dying. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Roommate says she's still planning on talking to her but istg if she says something to me about the package when I walk in I might just be like "get your own house."

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi