Forums are back in action! ×

DarK_RaideR's BattlE_LoG

That sounds absolutely insane. Nice one mate!

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric: The 'C' Team

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

Wednesday, July 20th

Nutrition: Took the SRLF out for dinner. 6/10 servings of alcohol and 4/10 cheat meals.

Workouts: Second workout of the week.

WOD

3 rounds for time (15' Time Cap)

400m run

10 Handstand Pushups

20 Pistol Squats

1' Plank

Goal: Barely finishing didn't feel realistic, so I just went all out as far as I could make it

Result: Ran out of time in the middle of the last set of HSPUs, coach urged me to finish it nonetheless, so I did

Comments:

+ New unbroken Double Under PR during warmup, from 19 to 23. Twice!

+ I tried leaning slightly forward during the runs. It felt as if the weight of my upper body was no longer there and it maybe it's just my idea, but the runs felt faster, less exhausting and I think my strides were longer. As the running expert, I expect @Xena to confirm whether that is the case or just a placebo effect.

+ I finally placed my hands right during the HSPUs rotating the wrists outward, from an H to a W, if that makes any sense. First time in a very long while that this exercise doesn't destroy my wrists and leave them in pain

- Coach thought I wasn't hitting full depth during the practice Pistol Squats, especially on my right (weaker) leg, so he had me do them on top of a box. This meant switching and re-balancing after every rep, which slowed me down and caused me not to finish within the time cap

Intensity rating: 75% mainly because it all came out very naturally and comfortably, so I suppose I should have used that to push more

• Like 8

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Thursday, July 21st

Nutrition: High noon as I'm posting this, no projected deviations for today so 6/10 servings of alcohol and 4/10 cheat meals.

Workouts: Third workout of the week.

WOD

Teams of 2 for time (20' cap)

60 Power Cleans

60cal Row

60 Box Jumps

60 Dips

Every 4', do 10 Burpees together

Goal: Time was plenty, so I set a goal to finish before the 16' burpee mark

Result: 17:06

Comments:

+ Partner had back issues and asked for a maximum load of 40kg on the barbell. Instead of making another, heavier one for me like he suggested, I stuck to the team spirit and said I'd make up for the lighter weight with a faster pace, thus maintaining a high intensity

+ I also volunteered to do more than my share of Power Cleans to help my partner and ended up doing something like 40/60

+ Somehow, neither the row nor the Box Jumps killed my stomach and lungs like they usually do. Same with the burpees

+ Speaking of burpees, we had a nice pace and hit the 16' mark with only 5 Dips left for my partner to perform, so the actual performance is slightly better than the score implies

+ Instead of walking away on my breaks (okay, except once that I needed to get to the cooler) I stood by my teammate and encouraged him on. Also remembered to do some stretching every now and then to prevent muscle soreness

Intensity rating: 90% although it's always hard to gauge in a team workout

• Like 9

Lvl 65 Multitasker

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

Team workouts are one of the things about cross fit that both confuse and intrigue me.  Sounds like you did a great job!

Me too!  I am very much a Lone Wolf workout-er!

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

On 7/21/2016 at 2:32 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

+ I tried leaning slightly forward during the runs. It felt as if the weight of my upper body was no longer there and it maybe it's just my idea, but the runs felt faster, less exhausting and I think my strides were longer. As the running expert, I expect @Xena to confirm whether that is the case or just a placebo effect.

I've definitely been told to hinge forward from the hip, but I don't think that's the best way (except maybe some hill situations)...I like what they describe in this video better (and it's pretty short).

• Like 4

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

@Xena I'd say that basically the video shows what I did. That thing where you nearly fall forward and simply lift your feet, letting gravity fo the rest.

Friday, July 22nd

Nutrition: Met some old friends for dinner, most of which have been living abroad for the last few years. Planned deviation brings me to 7/10 servings of alcohol and 5/10 cheat meals.

Workouts: Rest day

Saturday, July 23rd

Nutrition: A yummy burger after the beach and my first motorbiking lesson means 7/10 servings of alcohol and 6/10 cheat meals.

Workouts: Joined the SRLF for a Krav Maga training at the beach. We swam a lot and did techniques defending against chokes and bearhugs both inside and under the water.

• Like 9

Lvl 65 Multitasker

3 hours ago, Xena said:

I've definitely been told to hinge forward from the hip, but I don't think that's the best way (except maybe some hill situations)...I like what they describe in this video better (and it's pretty short).

24 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

@Xena I'd say that basically the video shows what I did. That thing where you nearly fall forward and simply lift your feet, letting gravity fo the rest.

That's like what they taught us when I was playing rugby at school and we had conditioning sessions. We'd do sprint intervals and we were supposed to start by sort of falling forward into the run

• Like 2

About to hit the box in like, an hour, but posting before I forget everything.

Sunday, July 24th

Nutrition: Had a drink on Saturday night, after making that post. Sunday I woke up after a midday sleep with a terrible urge for something sweet that fruit couldn't quell, so I indulged on plenty of ice cream while watching Stranger Things with the SRLF and friends. Do yourself a favor and go watch it, like, now.  8/10 servings of alcohol and 6/10 cheat meals. Much like with my money, I gotta be real careful until the end of the week/month.

Workouts: Rest day

14 hours ago, Xena said:

Glad you've been able to pick up on the motorbiking lessons. I know you've anted to do that for quite a while.

Originally, my 125cc license from 2014 was supposed to be auto-upgraded to a 400cc after 2 years, so my idea was to buy an intermediate bike and get more experience before taking classes and exams for the big one. Meanwhile, legislation changed and that auto-upgrade option is gone which in turn messed with my plans. I thought, since I have to take exams once more, might as well go immediately for the big class.

• Like 4

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Monday, July 25th

Nutrition: 8/10 servings of alcohol and 6/10 cheat meals so far, no planned deviations ahead.

Workouts: First workout of the week and apparently coach was also impressed by The Seperator

WOD

For time (20' cap)

12 Strict Handstand Pushups

15 Back squats (50kg)

20 Bar facing burpees

9 Strict Handstand Pushups

18 Front squats (40kg)

20 Bar facing burpees

6 Strict Handstand Pushups

21 Overhead squats (30kg)

20 Bar facing burpees

Goal: Finish before the time cap. As a second, more ambitious side goal, finish at 18+plenty but under 19'

Result: 19:10

Comments:

+ I was terrified at the thought of strict HSPUs, considering how tiring the "easier" kipping HSPUs are for me. They came out pretty quick and easy, did the first set unbroken, second like 8/2 and the last one 4/1/1 with minimal breaks, without feeling really tired or aching.

- I meant to use 10kg more for each lift, but trying out the 40kg Overhead squats before the workout felt impossible. My back hurts from a nasty matreess and my right wrist hurt too much, so I decided to play it safe and load less than I'd like

+ Back squats done unbroken, Front as 12/6 and Overhead 13/8

+ Despite a slow tempo, I kept moving through all the (unbroken) sets of burpees and focused on hopping back up every time. It felt more exhausting in my head, but getting up the other way took a heavier toll on my back.

Intensity rating: A solid 90%. Everything came out better than expected and scaled or not, it felt really badass to do the same workout that CF Games athletes did a day or two ago.

• Like 14

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Tuesday, July 26th

Nutrition: 8/10 servings of alcohol and 6/10 cheat meals so far, no planned deviations ahead.

Workouts: Second workout of the week

WOD

For... God knows what (20' cap)

2 rounds of

300m run

1' max reps pullups

300m run

1' max reps box jumps

300m run

1' max reps hand release pushups

Goal: This is stupid and unmeasurable. Finish within the time cap, I guess? Although it seemed like plenty of time

Result: 14:50

Comments:

- Running wasn't ideal. Not as tiring as usually, but I kept forgetting to lean forward

- Reps were 14/13/14 for the first round and 7/8/12 for the second. The very format of the workout felt odd and I was seriously demotivated, meaning I got a little lazy during the reps and didn't crank out as much as I could if I were on maximum effort mode

+ On the bright side, I did not murder a guy who drove by and asked jokingly (or so he thought) if we were running to escape the tax collectors. That has to count for something, right?

Intensity rating: 75%-80% I'd say.

• Like 9

Lvl 65 Multitasker

4 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

+ On the bright side, I did not murder a guy who drove by and asked jokingly (or so he thought) if we were running to escape the tax collectors. That has to count for something, right?

Why do people think they are funny?  Whyyyyy?

+10 to avoiding a warrant for your arrest!!

• Like 6

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Wednesday, July 27th

Nutrition: 8/10 servings of alcohol and 6/10 cheat meals. I should probably add a similar marker for my finances in hopes of getting them under control :/

Workouts: Rest day. Second motorcycle lesson, upgraded to a 500cc Honda CB. Got an image but having trouble uploading it

• Like 3

Lvl 65 Multitasker

That should do it!

It's actually a transition bike, proper lessons and final exams will be on a 600cc Hornet. Mastering the 500 and getting it to go where I want (as opposed to being carried away and trying to get it under control) was a challenge at first, especially when I had to slalom between traffic cones at slow speed, but I got the hang of it within the first half hour of class. Low street bikes aren't really my cup of tea, but for now I'll take whatever I can get!

• Like 13

Lvl 65 Multitasker

39 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

That should do it!

It's actually a transition bike, proper lessons and final exams will be on a 600cc Hornet. Mastering the 500 and getting it to go where I want (as opposed to being carried away and trying to get it under control) was a challenge at first, especially when I had to slalom between traffic cones at slow speed, but I got the hang of it within the first half hour of class. Low street bikes aren't really my cup of tea, but for now I'll take whatever I can get!

I'm so frickin' jealous right now!

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 3:05 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

while watching Stranger Things with the SRLF and friends. Do yourself a favor and go watch it, like, now

I seriously couldn't believe how good this show turned out go be.  I was really up in the air about even watching it but HOLY COW.  It's basically the TV show I've always wanted to exist.  And the filming style/acting/opening credits/everything was just so perfectttt in terms of throwbacks I could barely stand it.

• Like 3

Thursday, July 28th

Nutrition: Surprisingly, 8/10 servings of alcohol and 6/10 cheat meals. I was expecting to have a cheat meal as a post-workout dinner, but accidentaly ordered something that came without pita bread

Workouts: Joined the SRLF for her final Stay Away (Krav Maga self defense seminar for females) class before the summer break. Coach wanted to revise and test techniques versus actual male attackers

+ We warmed up playing a weird adaptation of basketball/handball where the ball handler couldn't move, just pass or shoot. 3 guys vs 4 girls and guess who scored the winning point just as he time ran out (Hint:This guy)

+ Next came 70 Burpees for time, in teams of 2. Knowing the SRLF has to fight real hard through them, I did my best to do more than my 50% share of the burpees

- First contact of the warmup game found me with a loose jaw, resulting in severe pain of the nerves in the teeth. Tried to keep my mouth shut tight for the rest of the workout, but I'm still feeling the pain today

- Teacher urged us to pressure the ladies and have them fight for their escape. I might have been a little overzealous there, especially at times when I felt that the SRLF was tired and not really packing force behind her hits. For my effort, I was rewarded with several blows that shook me. Especially the spinning hammer blows after shoving the SRLF to the wall. My head buzzed for a while and I seriously believe she could knock a man's head clean off in a real life scenario

+ To wrap it all up, coach took the ladies outside, turned off the lights and set us up three times in different scenarios. The women entered one at a time in the darkness, had to identify which of us meant harm and dodge or counterattack us, get to the end of the room and back out.

+ Intensity is not (as) relative to such a way of training, which I would say is closer to interval training in terms of pacing. Still, we all gave it our best shot (literally) before going out for dinner all together

+ After that, I am both excited and terrified by the idea of trying out Muay Thai. Which is a clear indicator that I should go ahead and try it.

To the left: Me getting punched by my delicate little flower. You know, the kind of flower that makes Super Mario shoot fireballs

• Like 13

Lvl 65 Multitasker

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

We warmed up playing a weird adaptation of basketball/handball where the ball handler couldn't move, just pass or shoot. 3 guys vs 4 girls and guess who scored the winning point just as he time ran out (Hint:This guy)

Sounds like Netball. A game forced on every single British girl in school. I played nothing but netball all through school thanks to unimaginative PE teachers and I hated every minute of it. I mean really, a game where you have the ball and can't move with it? So stupid!*

The look on the face of the lady in the pink shorts says it all. Your lady is a legitimate badass. When the zombie apocalypse comes, I want her by my side! ;)

*sorry for the rant, so many bad memories of playing netball!

• Like 8

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"