Forums are back in action! ×

Random Thoughts of Randomness

1 hour ago, Jittersthe.Clown said:

The other day, my 5 year old daughter Jitter Bug told me in all seriousness, "You shouldn't kiss strangers because when they turn around, they might be a bear".  I think this is how I know I am doing alright as a parent, right?

This is just the bestest!  :wub: 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Happy Valentine's/Single's Awareness Day everybody!

happy-valentines-day-or-as-i-like-to-cal

• Like 6

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

I have been lifting more and now am getting in trouble for slamming doors; I swear I'm not doing it on purpose

Be careful pounding your fist in the table too

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

On 15/02/2017 at 2:02 PM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Ha I haven't done that, but I did break a shovel handle in half trying to lift some heavy ass ice; that sucked going to need a new shovel for the gardening season

Holy crap!  I bet you weren't expecting that to happen, lol!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Anyone got the phone number for the Guinness Book of Records??  Because I think I just ate The Blandest Steak in History.   There must be some kind of award for that, right?

• Like 2

Haha!  Yes, unfortunately I (kinda) did.  Colin was cooking dinner and he wanted my help with the steak but I was in a lot of pain and discomfort at the time so it got no seasoning whatsoever, just thrown in the pan for a few minutes, lol!  It tasted much better the next day on potato bread, cut up into strips with lettuce, mayo and caramel onion chutney. :D 

• Like 1

Sometimes disappearing into the mountains is what you need to recharge your batteries

Crazy, the kids have this week off from school for winter break, so we decided to make it a "winter" break, Friday night went Ice Skating at the outdoor rink, Saturday spent a few hours on the sledding hill, Sunday drove to New Hampshire checked out a winter carnival, Monday drove further up North where they have two feet of snowpack checked out an Ice Castle*, drove home yesterday to no snow on the ground and my giant 6ft tall snow pile that the kids played on is down to under 3ft, my backyard is a giant mud pit and the skating rink is closed for the season.

the Ice Castle was awesome, the sculpted an entire castle out of ice with hidden tunnels and a ice slide; and at night they light the whole thing up in purples and blues. I recommend it.

• Like 2

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Oh Em Gee!  That sounds awesome Frosty!  Can you be my dad?  I want to go play in an ice castle, with an ice slide, and go skating, and to winter carnivals.  My dad only ever took us to see Granny Peggy, who wouldn't let us in the house.  She would give you a cup of tea and then that was it, "Children outside!"  No matter what the weather, and we lived in western Scotland, where the weather is so crap that it rains between the showers.

Meifallsintherain.gif

• Like 2

Whilst talking with my kids this weekend, Jitter Bug had asked what we think Santa's favorite food is.  Jitters Junior said "Probably milk and cookies".  I answered, "Maybe it's meatloaf".  JJ said, "That would make sense.  He is 95% meatloaf".  We had a good laugh on that one.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Considering meat up there would be at the premium (I'm imaging they have grow houses for their veggies) I would think Reindeer stew would probably be his favorite food

Yea Guzzi growing up we would go to the beach once a year in the summer. Yesterday playing around with a map of the United States we marked off every state we have been to and  pretty much both of my kids can check off the entire Eastern Seaboard. Including not on that map, Nova Scotia and smaller Canadian Islands and a bunch of Bahamian islands +Mexico. Giving them the childhood that I didn't have without trying to spoil them.

• Like 3

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

On 9/7/2016 at 10:24 AM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

so your saying don't wear my kilt while working out at the gym; got it....

Eww...jumping jacks would be a nightmare...for everyone else. ;)

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

5 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

Aw man, I'm glad I can finally drink coffee.  Today is definitely a coffee day.

Everyday is coffee day for me. :-)

3ff6b9b6ad503833965cf0a6b647262b.gif

• Like 3

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

F Yea!!!! So I am a firm believer that sometimes things happen for a reason. Well today we ordered lunch from a local place, get all the way back to the office and realize that they forgot to put something in the bag; so I jump back in my car heard the end of Portugal the Man's "Purple, Yellow, Red, and Blue" which was awesome, so as the song ends the DJ comes on and says that they recently announced they will be hitting the area on tour and pre-sale tickets go on sale Saturday but if you log on to WEQX.com they have pre-sale tickets for $10.27; 2nd row center!!!!!

• Like 3

Daily Mile

Question - how can any president ever say he's acting to reduce carbon emissions when he drives around in a limo that does 4 miles to the gallon? :o 

True fact. 

• Like 3

Yea I've been trying to keep the peace politically but goddamn these people are infuriating; really I want to scream destroying the environment for a quick profit that you will see pennies on isn't worth not being able to fish in streams (coal ash) that harassing people because you are afraid of your own shadow doesn't make life easier for life long Americans whose family has been here just as long as yours or came over here because you decided to start a stupid war that a lot of people did not want; seriously if you are for the war and ramping up the military deal with the damn consequences that means welcoming the people whose house you destroyed with bombs; and cutting education while ramping up the military basically means that you are planning future wars that I will be 100% against unless someone does something truly evil (nuclear bomb, looking at you North Korea-Iran), the EPA had nothing to do with jobs leaving America I'm sorry that clean air and water is un-American to you, but the health of all is better than wealth for a few; and for the last time Trans people are just trying to pee/poop in peace if you are worried about rapist go after rapist!!!!!

• Like 4

Daily Mile