Forums are back in action! ×

Random Thoughts of Randomness

Has anyone else noticed and love the new pop up's in certain sites that are advertising "healthy living" but the only way to close it down is by clicking "No, I am not interested in being healthier"? 

• Like 2

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

At my retail job I'm having fantasies of the damage I could do with five minutes and a permanent marker.  This cannot be healthy.

• Like 8

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

On 3/1/2017 at 8:18 AM, Guzzi said:

Question - how can any president ever say he's acting to reduce carbon emissions when he drives around in a limo that does 4 miles to the gallon?

Please don't even get me started.

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

On 3/5/2017 at 10:34 AM, Butternut said:

Has anyone else noticed and love the new pop up's in certain sites that are advertising "healthy living" but the only way to close it down is by clicking "No, I am not interested in being healthier"? 

Yeah, there should be a button that says, "I'm not interested in buying your shit."

• Like 2

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

Please don't even get me started.

Same way a certain former Vice President of the US claims to be green while living in a mansion and flying in a private jet....and many celebrities as well of course...hypocrisy. Rules are for thee and not for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

20 minutes ago, wildross said:

Rules are for thee and not for me.

This, unfortunately, also extends to the Christian community...take care of the poor, feed the hungry, etc., but only if it's convenient for you and doesn't interfere with your paycheck.

Have you heard of Shane Claiborne? He's sort of an evangelist who (with the help of some friends) started a community in Philadelphia by purchasing an entire block of empty, run-down buildings and allowing anyone who needed a home to live and work in the community. Shane does his best to take the words of Jesus seriously. He makes his own clothes, drives an eco-friendly car, stays with friends or at churches when he travels instead of in hotels/resorts, eats locally grown food, and does his best to help the environment, feed the poor, to take care of the "least of these."

getting_on_my_soapbox_by_aniketosen-d5and0i.gif

Unlike a lot of Christian evangelists (*cough, cough* Joel Osteen *cough, cough*) who live "their best life now" and "take advantage of the blessings God has bestowed" by wearing expensive suits, driving expensive cars, living in expensive houses (do you really need that many rooms?). Shane is more interested in his best life in heaven, in the blessings God will bestow when we care for the broken (as the Bible actually says in Matthew 25).

So just like there are a lot of politicians who like to ignore the Constitution (and basic human decency), there are a lot of Christians who like to ignore the Bible.

• Like 5

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

It's raining about 2-3c with muddy as hell trails, who's ready for a run.....

Sounds good to me! Barefoot?

How about some sprints? 

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

I just finished the final episode of Sherlock season 4. My chest hurts.

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

I'm wearing new socks

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I'm not

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

But we have a new cat

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

6 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Better inside out than backwards in most cases..

Most cases? I'd be curious to hear about one of those in which it's not better. Or maybe not...

• Like 1

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

23 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Playing a game of what's harder, picking the 1st round completely right or picking the 1st round completely wrong

It depends. If you know college basketball really, really well, it's much easier to get the 1st round completely wrong.

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

23 hours ago, Wolfen said:

Most cases? I'd be curious to hear about one of those in which it's not better. Or maybe not...

Well, I was actually thinking boxers/boyshorts in which case it's pretty much irrelevant front versus back.

But since you asked.. ;)

Appropriate-underwear-for-Australia-150x

(If you haven't seen the movie, your eyes do not deceive you; that is indeed a koala on those tighty-whities.)

• Like 3

We will never see the best version of ourselves inside our comfort zone