Forums are back in action! ×

I love that face.[emoji38] I'm imagining that your boss just unexpecedly dropped by and asked what you were doing.[emoji4]

Hahaha! Sadly, he probably wouldn't bat an eyelash. Not the strangest thing to happen at the office ;)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

We will never see the best version of ourselves inside our comfort zone

Here's my first entry. The cat decided not to look at the camera, and I'm pointedly ignoring the giant pile of laundry on the couch that needs to be put away. It's been there for over a week. I'd say that qualifies as miserable.

• Like 9

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

On 6/23/2017 at 1:19 AM, Elennare said:

This is amazing!  I will join in, for what's left of the challenge.  Or however long it goes.

Welcome!! I think we'll keep going till we finish all 100 poses.

On 6/23/2017 at 11:17 AM, suzyQlou said:

Upward Facing Dog (or something close to it).  Not long after I started weeding beneath the locust tree, angry bees started zipping out of the ground.  When one landed on my gardening glove, I decided that the weeds could stay right where they were.  Storms are brewing, too.  Angry bees, angry sky!

Love the bonus shot! That could count as miserable and death-defying yoga

(p.s. stay safe out there everyone!!)

14 hours ago, Elennare said:

Cat pose with an actual cat is pretty excellent! (Your cat is cooperating better than mine did)

• Like 5

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Sugar cane pose in front of an unmade bed and a pile of clean laundry that still hasn't been put away.

This was the best shot I got. Had the wobbles so there were several blurry shots of me almost falling on my face lolc3e9f1e2d8e139810cb1695600cecd55.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 10

We will never see the best version of ourselves inside our comfort zone

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:39 AM, JustCallMeAmber said:

there were several blurry shots of me almost falling on my face

To be fair, that could be equally miserable :P

• Like 3

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Get going!

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

Haven't done this pose in many years. Procrastinated so much that it became miserable even without doing anything.

Wow, tripod not too flattering on the abs:

KkeHeZu.jpg?1

If I could just stay stuck in this middle pose the whole time, everyone would think I was ripped:

bsEvPn5.jpg?1

Actual headstand. Kind of looks like I'm wearing some kind of dark nylons under the shorts. That would be extra miserable!

aDt4hIU.jpg?1

This pose was actually pretty fun once I did it. I usually did headstand where we had to lift from a pike (hard with my tight hammies). This way is MUCH gentler. Uses the core in kind of a fun way. Think I might even try this on the paddleboard (on warm days when I don't mind falling in).

• Like 7

Oct/Nov 2016

Trying to remember what the name is the pose I'm doing... it was #9 on the list and I'm horrifically late in posting my pose!!!!

I was doing yoga with my daughter and the furry four-legged critters tried to help.

419df3bc3fcc41cd05c35ad7f55ac318.jpg

And a side view

3f531e6ae5b6f4d15d63993cba2b9f27.jpg

• Like 5

Ranger-Monk Hybrid - Do all the things and lots of BJJ

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Terra turns 50?!?!?

Ok, after a couple of weeks of procrastination, I finally got round to doing this pose! It's actually a really simple one, but I was icky and sweaty from my run and rings workout. Oh, and I have a mild hangover from going out to celebrate the hubster's birthday last night, so that hammering I mention in the caption, is going right through my skull! 

And my next one is #47, the Little Thunderbolt. Sounds interesting, off to look it up... 

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Backstory | Challenge 1 | Challenge 2 | Challenge 3 | Challenge 4 | Challenge 5

"We are what we believe we are." - CS Lewis

7 hours ago, Terra said:

Trying to remember what the name is the pose I'm doing... it was #9 on the list and I'm horrifically late in posting my pose!!!!

Melting heart...I always liked that name. Apparently also called "extended puppy" or "half dog".

And you weren't late. You were right on time!

2 hours ago, Coco P Loco said:

Ok, after a couple of weeks of procrastination, I finally got round to doing this pose! It's actually a really simple one, but I was icky and sweaty from my run and rings workout. Oh, and I have a mild hangover from going out to celebrate the hubster's birthday last night, so that hammering I mention in the caption, is going right through my skull!

That's a good pose for being tired and mildly hungover. Better than headstand!

• Like 2

Oct/Nov 2016

8 hours ago, Terra said:

I was doing yoga with my daughter and the furry four-legged critters tried to help.

419df3bc3fcc41cd05c35ad7f55ac318.jpg

And a side view

3f531e6ae5b6f4d15d63993cba2b9f27.jpg

What I forgot to mention was the miserable part...  this was the day after a two week vacation and I had just finished working an 11 hour day (not typical for me) and I couldn't stretch out into the pose properly because of all my help on the mat.  But that help made me smile till she tried to nibble on my inner elbow!  

@Xena Thank you!  Melting Heart pose felt like childs pose with my butt more in the air.  

• Like 2

Ranger-Monk Hybrid - Do all the things and lots of BJJ

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Terra turns 50?!?!?

Ironic Misery.  Sphynx pose looks like I'm just lying around.  Which is what I've been doing for the past few days  Lying around, reading a book, watching the flowers grow.  It was heaven for the first couple days, but I miss my family.  Everyone else is at camp or Grandma's house, and I finally get to catch up with them tonight.

F5ZZoG6m.png

• Like 5

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

11 hours ago, suzyQlou said:

Ironic Misery.  Sphynx pose looks like I'm just lying around.  Which is what I've been doing for the past few days  Lying around, reading a book, watching the flowers grow.  It was heaven for the first couple days, but I miss my family.  Everyone else is at camp or Grandma's house, and I finally get to catch up with them tonight.

I love this post because it's Sphynx-like in wisdom. You just need to add a riddle. I couldn't find a good yoga riddle, but here's this for a smile:

What do you get when you combine Starbucks and yoga class?

Spoiler

I don't know but there's probably a hipster nearby.

More yoga jokes here.

• Like 5

Oct/Nov 2016

So, Little Thunderbolt turned out to be far more difficult than I'd expected! I'm back to posting my pics on Instagram, so work peeps have been asking what on earth I'm doing... I guess this one will raise more questions :D

So here goes... 

Next one is #64 - revolved head to knee... 

Now off to miserable hotel breakfast! 

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Backstory | Challenge 1 | Challenge 2 | Challenge 3 | Challenge 4 | Challenge 5

"We are what we believe we are." - CS Lewis