Forums are back in action! ×

NerdHammer - Light in Shadow

@cn3wton, story question for you!  Is this round taking place in the same location as the last one, or have we all been teleported to an entirely new spot?

Wanted to get my intro story post up last week, but the time I was expecting to be able to do that got eaten up by other things. :(

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

Same place!

Sorry guys. Internet and pc issues are making things difficult.

Today technically marks the deadline of the fortification phase (rules in spreadsheet).

I will try to get things up tonight but if yiu have any questions I'm sure a veteran from last ga me could help!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

"What are your orders, sir?"

The communications were not getting through the portal, so Commander Quarrie has dispatched Major Krell to bring a command shuttle through the portal and take command of the assault team.

As they passed through the portal, the sensors came alive with life form readings, indicating pockets of dense population.  Bringing them up on the scanner, Major Krell could see that these were camps of warriors, but they didn't seem to be members of the rebel alliance, nor were they the type of armed riff-raff that commanded small militias throughout the outer rim territories.  No, these were were well armed and well organized units that were clearly preparing for conflict.

"Sir? your orders?"

The query brought Major Krell's attention back to the Lieutenant standing beside his command console.  

"Put us down in the central command centre, and contact the unit commanders to prepare for battle.  The enemy we are dealing with is more powerful than we anticipated, and the stakes higher.  I overheard Lord N'Faryus  telling with Commander Quarrie this battle is more important than the rebellion, and that the fight in this world will impact the fate of the Empire itself.  It is so important that Lord N'Faryus himself will be coming."

"Lord N'Faryus?  Coming here? I assure you our troops here will give their all, but we will need more men!"

"Oh, more will come.  Lord N'Faryus has 2 divisions on their way as we speak.  For now, get out to Lieutenant Stykler and Captain Bolnar and inform them of the importance of this mission"

"Aye sir"

-------------------------------------------------

Lieutenant Myrn sat across from Lieutenant Stykler in his tactical operations center and passed the message from Major Krell. "This mission is of the utmost importance.  Captain Bolnar is taking the right flank and it is critical that you and your team hold the left.  The fate of the Empire depends on it

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

I have already started accumulating resources for week 3.  What should I do with the troops I acquired for week 2? @cn3wton

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I have already started accumulating resources for week 3.  What should I do with the troops I acquired for week 2? @cn3wton

I'm guessing we just recruit troops as normal, put them in the box at the bottom of our trackers and start over for week 3.

Not sure what's happening with troop movements though...

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Journey to the Mountain of Knowledge - Chapter One: A Pocketful of hope (current challenge)

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30 A Bold New Year   Rhovaniel forges herself anew 

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

I meant to get this posted much sooner.  So pretend this is at the start of the fight, rather than halfway through.

Lycorrion Har watched the tower crumble, and then a pulse of energy raced across the battlefield.  The world went white, and then black.

He didn't know how long it was before he opened his eyes, but when he did, the tower was gone.  The Space Wolves were gone, and most of the other forces were gone.  His own men appeared to be scattered far and wide.  It would take time to gather them all back together again.

What hadn't changed, however, was where they were.  Still on this unknown...planet?  In the warp?  He really had no idea.  There were still portals everywhere, though most of them appeared to have moved and new armies were coming through.  One thing was clear, though.  He didn't have enough men to win this on his own.  He would need an ally.

Looking around the battlefield, he saw the camp of one of the forces that had been victorious last round.  Why were they still here?  However, they were human.  Primitive, from the look of them, but undeniably good warriors.  They would be good allies, he decided.  Gathering the few men who were nearby, he headed off to find the leader of the other army and offer to assist.

• Like 2

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

Sorry guys crazy busy! Please place recruited troops in week 2 and I will update you with the next step tonight!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Is it too late to join this challenge? I had so much fun with dark raiders version I came back as soon as I heard this had made a comeback.

• Like 2

Okri Kadrinsson ~ Level 1 Dwarf Adventurer

Str 2  Dex 1   Sta 1   Con 3   Wis 2   Cha 1

Challenge Commander Kidd's first adventurer challenge

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.†

― J.R.R. TolkienThe Hobbit

20 hours ago, CommanderKidd said:

Is it too late to join this challenge? I had so much fun with dark raiders version I came back as soon as I heard this had made a comeback.

Sure hoping to get everything back on track. You will have to join as a merc this time around.

Cable should be fixed when I get home.

For this week I would like you to do the following.

Recruit troops as normal Friday and place them, and all unplaced troops, on the map. 

Saturday everyone can review the map and send me plans of attack.

I apologize for falling behind the past few weeks, hoping to play catch up tonight. Let me know if you have any questions!

• Like 1

So just to clarify, on Friday we are deploying trooops from weeks 1-3 to the map and then sending you attack plans for all of those troops on Saturday?

Level 2 Ninja

I haven't had the energy or motivation to start my workouts yet so I'll try again next week. I'll be away this weekend for my father in laws 60th birthday, but if someone wants some out of control maniacs on their team for next week let me know. Kapn Killa Kragg reporting for duty.

• Like 1

Outside, the transport is designed to strike fear into opposing forces while also delivering enough fire power to back it up.  Inside, the transport is designed for capacity to deliver a lethal strike force of mobile ground support and infantry.  It is not designed for comfort, especially when full to the brim with three squads of storm troopers of 10 forming the platoon lead by Lieutenant Styklar and a scout trooper squad of 10 with a speeder bike for each sniper pair to share.  As the All Terrain Armored Transport (AT-AT) lumbered forward on four legs, the cargo space is jostled with the landing of each step.  Squad leader and recently promoted Sergeant Waffen Quarrie braces himself for impact as each foot of the transport slams to the ground, aptly nicknamed Walkers.  Much like the Walker's long and uneasy advance, Quarrie had made big strides in his leadership of his platoon, but he wasn't comfortable in the role yet.  It is hard to be comfortable and confident when the metal of your platoon's armor hasn't been battle tested.  All that will change today, he thinks to himself.   

As dawn approaches, four Walkers march in diamond formation towards the enemy territory to establish a defensive line between two ridges forming a deep valley with a relatively flat floor.  Scout troopers and other specialized troopers will form up the flanks along the top and base of the ridges, but the platoons of storm troopers will be the meat of the defensive line, holding the middle of the valley and driving forward as necessary to force the enemy to give ground and retreat.  The AT-ATs batteries will form the rear armament and last line of defense for the valley.  With their ability to strike from a distance, their positioning behind the middle but slightly flanking near the ridges will force any attacking enemy to quickly push the middle of the defensive line allowing the Imperial flanks to drop in and overwhelm.  The reports on the enemy surveillance is still inconclusive, but the Imperial division is prepared to defend against any size force.  Second and third company of reinforcements are assembled in Shuttle Transports ready to deploy at a moments notice.

Upon design, the battle plan Major Krell has devised for the sector appeared flawless using the geographical features to aid in holding terrain.  During the holo-briefing, he had nicknamed the valley "Walker's Pass" as the valley was the only natural passage for AT-ATs to advance north of the sector.  Quarrie had thought to himself, the battle plan had better be flawless as the holding the valley will be imperative to keeping the enemy out of the Imperial headquarters and advancing Imperial forces and reinforcements on the ground to northern sectors.  

The cargo bay jostles again, but this time followed by an abrupt halt to the transports forward momentum.  As the troopers regain their sense of balance as their individual inertia attempted to keep them moving forward, Major Krell's voice comes on the intercom.

"Bravo company, we have reached the southern entrance to Walker's Pass.  Deploy infantry to complete the march to the northern end on foot.  Send snipers on speeder bikes ahead to scout and take up positions.  Propel Jump and Shock Troopers to the ridge tops to secure elevation positions.  We've claimed this territory in the name of the Empire.  Now, let's show these pitiful mortals what the bottom of an Imperial boot looks like.  Major Krell, over and out."

As the speaker crackles and comes to a silence, Lieutenant Styklar raises a fist high in the air to shout, "You heard your superior officer!  Let's move out!"

• Like 3

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Sorry, been a little AWOL this week. Personal life got a little crazy (but good crazy :)) so I've only just got round to updating the map with mine and @Elennare's troops. 

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Journey to the Mountain of Knowledge - Chapter One: A Pocketful of hope (current challenge)

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30 A Bold New Year   Rhovaniel forges herself anew 

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

I will message Asa to remind her to deploy troops. Please let me know your movements by pm by end of day tomorrow 

How does one figure out how many reps of something or how much time of something counts for how much resources? I see from other's sheets that some are 1-1 and some are not. Also perhaps I could join Myriks clan wolf?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CommanderKidd said:

How does one figure out how many reps of something or how much time of something counts for how much resources? I see from other's sheets that some are 1-1 and some are not. Also perhaps I could join Myriks clan wolf?

The resource calculation should be automatic.  If you put in how many reps you did the formula will tell you how many resources those reps were worth.  It is set up so that some reps are worth more than others (i.e. weighted reps are worth more than body weight reps to even out the effort/movement.  Some reps are easier (for example for me flutter kicks are way easier than pullups), so to counter this effect each exercise maxes out at 500 points, and each category maxes out at 2,500 points.  I usually go well over 2,500 each week for my body weight workouts, so excess workouts just go into the overall workout category which gives 100 points per workout, regardless of how much it would have been worth if each movement was counted individually.  This is done in order to somewhat level the playing field between people of various fitness levels.

Did that answer your question or just confuse you more?

Level 2 Ninja

16 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Did that answer your question or just confuse you more?

That makes sense, thanks!

• Like 1

Kapn Kragg looked out over his gathered troops.

Their asteroid ship had crashed into something and suddenly instead of the depths of space he and his troop found themselves on a new planet.

"Looks like we got a new place to loot boyz!"

My faction is still looking for who they are teaming up with but I have a small infantry squad and Kragg's personal bodyguard I can send into the fray.

• Like 2

Hey everybody, I leave for a two week trip tomorrow. 

Since I have been unable to keep up with everything what I'd like everybody to do is keep tracking, and we'll have an epic battle when I get back! 

I'm hoping to streamline everything and come back with a vengeance next challemge.

• Like 1

Commander Quarrie snaps to attention as the holographic image of Darth N'Faryus appears before him.

"Yyyes, M'Lord?" he asks nervously.  He was not expecting to hear from the Sith Lord this soon, his concern exacerbated because he still had no news of the battle on the other side of the portal.

"Commander Quarrie" the hologram's voice rasped "I have been summoned to settle a trade dispute in the Calaron Sector, I leave the affairs of this insurrection in your hands.  I trust you will not disappoint me..."

The hologram disappeared before waiting for the Commanders response

Turning to his aide, the commander barked orders to dispatch the remainder of the legion through the portal to prepare for the final conflict

------------------------------------

I am leaving on holiday for the next two weeks and am not sure I will be back in time for the final battle.  I am leaving JediNickD in charge of our forces to deploy as needed while I am gone.  Also, I will not likely be getting many more resources while I am out so you all will have a chance to catch up :) 

• Thanks 1

Level 2 Ninja

Anyone back yet? 

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Hey all I have returned fromy trip! Will be reviewing things and catching up over the week!

• Like 1

I will be camping this weekend, but if I have service I will be hopefully posting the results!

• Like 1

So, I'm gonna keep on logging stuff for fun, but it doesn't seem like this game is going anywhere.  Will you be trying again next challenge?

• Like 2

Spoiler